OldSoul : Class 19 Aug 07 - Khalid Muhammad

Discussion in 'OldSoul' started by Zulile, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    Awesome class. I have read a significant amount of "new" history since joining destee, and often, very often, my mind returns to various topics touched upon in your class.

I wanted to comment on my initial reaction to your last class - in particular, Khalid Muhammad's approach to Africa - I had an instinctive response (well.. perhaps programmed ;) ) from a class/national/cultural viewpoint - almost forgetting the purpose of your teaching. The next day I came across these words in a book (Hitlers Black Victims - C Lusane) and they cleared that minor point up for me real quick:

"..the influence of African American organizations that by the late 1920's had an international reach.. not arguing here that there was or should have been an African American dominance, but only that the differentiated position and status of black Americans gave them a disproportionate influence in shaping global black issues and perspective."

Seems so simple. so obvious. Yet a lightbulb moment that has forever changed my view.

Until next Sunday!

2. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
    Thanks for sharing the consciousness leap!

Thanks so much for the thoughts/comments! Since this isnt like a traditional euro-centric "class", there are no grades or tests. The value is in the use, either in elevated thinking or more conscious actions, which includes passing it on.
    Pass it on, pass it on, pass it on.
    Like queentswana, river, destee, king tubbs, sleep, watz, smoothsoul, truetothecause, Da Street So'Ja and so many more who have shared their presence, absorbed, reflected, studied and passed it on.
    I dont say enough how much I appreciate all who participate in all the classes here at Destee, including mine.
    You all help keep me alive. Thank you.