Black People : Civil Rights the Distraction?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by I-khan, Mar 1, 2006.

1. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    AS many of you have heard,our "right to vote" is soon to expire in 2007.A question that my freind asks me: If the government considers us "Americans" than why is there a seperate document pertaining to our rights as people when our rights are supposed to be included in the Constitution.Whether or not the Civil rights documents are apart of the Constitution is something I want to know.The real focus these days is possible sovereignty as an individual.

2. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    yOU REALLY DON'T WANT THE ANSWER TO THIS. yOU ASSUME THAT "YOU ARE A CITIZEN" DON'T YOU? yOU ASSUME THAT YOU ARE QUOTE UNQUOTE, "AMERICAN" DON'T YOU ? WHERE DID YOU GET THAT FROM? "CITIZENS DON'T HAVE TO BE GIVEN RIGHTS"...IT'S AUTOMATIC, IF YOU'RE A 'LEGAL CITIZEN THAT IS.'

I JUST WROTE THIS FOR YOU TO THINK ABOUT, CAUSE THIS IS NOT MY ACTUAL ANSWER. MY ANSWER AND THIS QUESTION HAS ALREADY BEEN ADDRESSED BY ME MANY TIMES ON THIS FORUM. FROM A CONSTITUTIONAL PERSPECTIVE, AN INTERNATIONAL PERSPECTIVE, A SOVEREIGNTY PERSPECTIVE AND A LEGAL PERSPECTIVE. I AM WORE DOWN.

3. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    If you are worn down than re fuel and let me know yout answer.

Citizens do not have to be given rights,these governments have the egos to think that they can control what is given to you at birth and those are your rights.

4. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I don't "assume" myself to be American I know I'm American.....if not then what am I....I'm not African, I'm not Irish, I'm from born and raised in America ....the only other thing I can say I am is Mississippian......but by virtue of where I am I'm American........I can't claim nothing from Africa...I've never been there not even to visit.......I want to visit but I don't want to move there why would I ...........so if I was born in America, and the last few generations before me were born in America then I'm American......Citizens aren't necessarily given anything........in some countries citizens ain't given nothing..........I don't define myself by the thoughts and labels of others...I could care less what the constitution said I was, or what the govt says I am ..I honestly don't care about the voting rights bill either to be real about it.......this govt was running before I got here and will be running when I'm gone.....I've heard all the spin one way or another and it hasnt' affected my life in the least........I do what I want when I want ..illegal or legal.......or should I say illegal and legal..............dogs are a good example.....I got into dogs after 76 when doing dogs became illegal and I do what I do anyway with impunity, SF , San Jose and a couple other cities in the Bay have for the most part banned dogs...do you think I gave up anything ...gave up my dogs, or had em spayed like the law says...nah.....unregistered guns are illegal in the Bay...do you think I turned in my thangs....nah......I operate outside the mainstream and at times outside the law......if yall dont' want to be American then break.......I'm tired of Brothers selling them wolf tickets man..........Brothers talking bout "I'm not American I'm African, America ain't my home I'm going back to Africa" know they ain't never been to Africa, know they been over here for generations they folk built this b1tch but they wanna trash all that sacrafice talkin bout they African...tripping........just like cats talking bout how much they can't stand the South or Southern culture because of their Africanness because they're enlightened ....Please........we gave yall what Blackness yall got......we in the South are the closest tie yall still got to Africa..........my point is though for the cats that say yall are African yall ain't American break camp get a ticket and get on to Africa.........my folk been here fighting the fight........and we gon be here.........I don't get how me a cat that's Black/Irish is more willing to get in white folk *** than some of the so-called Black revolutionaries that's looking to head to Africa..........yall tripping....my folk put in work earned stripes and built this here I ain't going nowhere .........I'm getting my space for me and mine doing what we been doing for a long long time........it's another thread in here about the govt planning concentration camps.......they can't take you nowhere when they can't find you .......I wonder sometimes how many Brothers talk all that head but when the man come to get em to go to place like that would just nut up and say "baby get the kids and stuff we gotta go to the work camps now"..................I'm sorry yall I'm just venting..........but it pisses me off when cats talk about us not being American because white folk say so........then talkin bout breakin to Africa where it'll be milk and honey.......trippin ......ya boy ain't gwin nowhere.........I'm here doing it till it's done.........I'm just on one yall......them boys that ain't American because white folk say so have yall ever thought maybe that's what they hope you'll think............maybe they want Black folk to break and head out somewhere else......you know how happy they was when Natives voluntarily left their lands for the res..........now yall knowing history would voluntarily give up the lands we worked to head to another country.............anyway I'm done with it after this.......Revolutionaries !!!......if yall want to be real revolutionaries.....learn to hunt for food, fish for food, learn to plant food, learn what you can and can't eat in the woods where you plan to be, learn to reload your own ammo,,,learn to defensive and offensive shooting, learn entry tactics in the event you have to take a house or building, learn to make incendiary devices. learn how to hide know the ins and outs of guerilla warfare.......just cuz you say you a revolutionary don't mean you prepared to be one........Thank yall for letting me vent....overlook me if you must I'm going back into my hole now to cool out...

MississippiRed
    site ya rifle in 1 inch high at 100 yards you'll be dead on at 200 and 1 or so inch low at 300 depending on caliber......that's my lesson for today

5. pfa1451usa

pfa1451usa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Mississippi Red...

Very sage advice...

6. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    So true it's not even funny.

But I'll tell you how, these so-called "revolutionaries" have flat out spooked themselves...they scared of the white man....period.

They're paralyzed because they spend so much time sucking on conspiracy theories (most of which originated from a white man). Might call him the devil, but they've MADE the same white man into their own GOD....got him so big and bad and responsible for every outcome of every second they cain't even catch a cold without it being the white man did it.....but so quick to label "Slave mentality" on another. Ironic.

They nothing but intellectuals...all talk...

You right on the southern bruhs man you can go all the way back to the "Deacons for Self-Defense".... armed resistance has always been in our tradition...

7. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137

Easy Red easy....

Just by most of what you have said brings up some interesting thoughts.

Can one be an American without being a citizen?
    When do Americans become citizens?
    Do Americans have the same rights as a citizen?
    Who tells someone if they are American or not?
    Can one be an American purely on place of birth and inhabitance?

Take for instance a homeless person.

Are the homeless Americans?
    Are the homeless citizens or inhabitants?
    What is the difference between a citizen and an inhabitant?
    Is a child born on American soil by an illegal immigrant an American.

What about the first inhabitants of this land before Martin Waldseenmuller decided the call the land explored by Amerigo Vespucci in 1507 America.

Are they Americans?
    Is America defined by the powers that be?
    If those powers were overthown would this land still be called America?
    As an American is one bound to the constitution?
    Is there a difference between America and the United States of America?

Red these questions are not directed toward you and are not meant for you to answer. Infact it is clear where you stand. Some may agree and others will disagree but atleast you are not straddling the fence. All can respect that. Just like when I read your post it made me think. These question will hopefully make us think, research and understand why we have chosen the identities we have.

8. Radical Faith

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137

So what's the difference between having intense fear and hatred of the white man and having so much envy until one immulates the white man. As I see it either way the white man still has the power in both situations and will continue to win out...

Peace....

9. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61

Where did envy come into the picture?...and what exactly are you defining as "emulating" the white man? I hope you aren't saying Handling business for you and yours qualifies...

As far as the ends of your logic always culminating in the white man "winning out"....I hope you don't really believe that.

10. Radical Faith

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137

Brother I don't have to remind you of what this history of this country is therefore when I say envy and emulating it's from the point view of what we have compared to what they have and how we can get it. Let me break it down farther. In a city or state comprised mostly of black people it is only natural that the civil servants and the local government be black. But are we leading ourselves the way we want to be led or just following a path layed by someone else, made by someone else and intended for someone else?

Make no mistake brother I have high moral standards. Doing the right thing isn't a black thing or white thing, it's a man thing and a woman thing so no I do not equate that with emulating white men.

As far as the white man winning I tell you what reach into you pocket and pull out any spendable currency right now and see whose face is on it. People that look like the faces on the money are winning. Show my a place on the planet where money created by white men doesn't have purchasing power and I'll show you a place where the people are free. There are not too many places in this world like that. None of which any American would want to be.

Nothing is wrong with admitting we were defeated if it's true. What you must understand is we only lost one round the fight still continues and will for a long time unless we become complacent are fight the wrong battles.

300 not 3000