Black People : Circumcision 'helps to halt HIV'

panafrica

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
New research suggests circumcision could be effective in preventing the spread of HIV among men.
The study of more than 3,000 men in South Africa was done by the French agency for Aids and Viral Hepatitis.

The data, outlined at a conference in Brazil, shows male circumcision prevented about seven of 10 infections.

UN health agencies have cautioned that more trials are necessary before they will recommend this as a method to protect against Aids.

Previous studies have suggested that men who are circumcised have a lower rate of HIV infection.

It is thought that the cells of the foreskin are much more susceptible to HIV than cells on other parts of the penis, so by removing the foreskin, the likelihood of infection drops.

Further trials are being carried out in Uganda and Kenya to measure the effect of circumcision on other populations.

If similar results are found, then circumcision could be used alongside condoms to prevent the spread of HIV, the BBC's Ania Lichtarowicz reports from the conference in Rio de Janeiro.

But implementing this measure on a large scale will be complicated, our correspondent says.

She says that ensuring safe techniques and changing cultural and social attitudes towards male circumcision will prove challenging.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4719409.stm

Though I've strived to make an unbaised case regarding circumcision in the past on here, this report strikes me as rather suspect.

Let us examine:

New research suggests circumcision could be effective in preventing the spread of HIV among men.
The study of more than 3,000 men in South Africa was done by the French agency for Aids and Viral Hepatitis.

I don't like the fact that they are using the penises of Black African men as guinea pigs for this research.

What does France have to do with South Africa at this point? SA was originally a British colony, not French one. Why doesn't France use the little dickies of French men to perform this research on?

This just sounds like more of that World Health Organization (WHO) in the 40's, or Tuskeegee experiment in the 60's non-sense.

I'm starting to see why our people are so suspicious of circumcision, especially in this day and time.

The further away white people (men and women) stay away from our (Brothers and Sisters) genitalia, the better off we'll all be.

PEACE

hey.. cutting the penis off helps too.. im sorry.. im so sick of the aids n africa thing.. ive come to one easy solution.. since they are breeding aids.. ive decided they should rather than contain it. since its impossible now... to cut of their penises..... i know its a radacal statement.. but hey.. they wouldnt need so much aid if they aint have aids.. hiv.. think about it.. 4 the betterment of mankind.

Bear in mind, Sister, that this whole "AIDS IN AFRICA" thing is grossly exaggerated, if not a flat-out lie. People in Africa are no worse off with AIDS, than people are in the USA or Europe.

Have you ever met a sick African? I've known Africans all my life, and I've never known a single one of them to have as much as a head-cold. I've also been to Africa, and I've never seen this so-called epidemic that they keep talking about.

Keep in mind Sister, that the White Man is a liar of the worst sort. And even if AIDS is over there like that, it's only because he put it there.

I may post some hardcase information that I have about this, more in-depth a little later.

PEACE

i dont know where u were in africa.. but i was in gahna.. and mercinary work there included making sure these children about 2500 a day.. infected with this desease.. ate.. and got their meds.... and i was there a week.. not once did i see the same face twice.

SAMURAI36 said:
Bear in mind, Sister, that this whole "AIDS IN AFRICA" thing is grossly exaggerated, if not a flat-out lie. People in Africa are no worse off with AIDS, than people are in the USA or Europe.

Have you ever met a sick African? I've known Africans all my life, and I've never known a single one of them to have as much as a head-cold. I've also been to Africa, and I've never seen this so-called epidemic that they keep talking about.

Keep in mind Sister, that the White Man is a liar of the worst sort. And even if AIDS is over there like that, it's only because he put it there.

I may post some hardcase information that I have about this, more in-depth a little later.

PEACE

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back