Black Spirituality Religion : Churches Churches AL Different ChurchES...

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by LibertyLady, Mar 31, 2004.

1. LibertyLady

LibertyLady Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker...
    Ratings:
    +9
    But wich one do i choose.... :oops:

They are preaching the gospel...

but everywere its different....

wich one is Preaching the truth....
    only the bibel right..?
    the true word of god...

what do i do... :(

Were do i need to baptise....
    (cause i want to i already made that decision...)

Does it matter ...

or doesnt.....

and what is the Book of Mormon?

any one heard of that?

cause the last day a sister with a butten on said ""sister mmmm Of the Church of Jesus christ.... from the apostels of the last days...

cause she spoke about a prophet Joshef...

Should i just stick with my bibel me and god and most inportant ..

the walk...

cause people also tell me i have to look for a church ..
    and grow ,,,and i know cause i feel that my growth stops....
    and i want changes in my life...(i know i have to work myself to....thats most inportant others wise the changes dont come.... ""'fishing for religion "' arrested development)

On wich things can you notice that real word is being preached?

that they preach

what is written in the bibel.....right....? :read:

or not.... :(

Lovelibertyhurtlady....

2. LibertyLady

social worker...
    Ratings:
    +9
    I found one.... :huh:
    (manny actually...)

Today i,m going to profess my believe...

They told me i have to do this because as a child i was bapsist..

3. soblessed

soblessed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    I have heard of the book of morman. I presonally believe that it is some type of cult.I use to study with them and some things just were not right.I believe the Bible to be the true word of God the only word God.The devils job is to deceive. Your spirit will let you know whwt the truth is.There is only one truth.His sheep know his voice. I believe church is important for all christians.The most important thing is your relationship with God.Alot of people talk the talk but don't walk the walk. The walk is very important. Being a christian is a way of life. A fish cannot live out of the water just like a christian can't live out of the church.A church is like a hospital,it is for the sick(sinners) which all of us are. We all fall short. Jesus said beware of wolves dressed in sheeps clothing.I was told that the devil is a lie and he don't want you to the truth.God's truth.God can change you life and he will if you let him.He has to come before everyone and everything.Don't let the devil still your joy or anyone for that matter.Joy means Jesus Others Yourself.THe only way to the Father is THrough Jesus.
    Stick with your Bible And God it's the only way.Let God guide you.Pray and ask him what he wants you to do ask him to order steps people will fail you God will never fail you.
    God Bless

4. LibertyLady

social worker...
    Ratings:
    +9
    :grouphug: :heart:

thank you so blessed......and you are so blessed sweety!

:huh: Now this is interessting......

after a long way of searching i found a church....

i had a trauma of churches because in one church i experiance sumthing bad

so for years i just study,d just the bibel and developed my personal relationship with god..witch i had already when i was young only over the years it grew stronger trough trials...(and i hopeand pray it will stay that way)

but i noticed that my growth stopped in a way and i had my periods that i was weak ,hurt and lost with no one around, i need my spiritual sisters and brothers to ,to keep me grounded (some of them i also find ouside the church) and so that i can learn from them..to..

3 weekes ago i finally got the currage again to go to a church again..

i saw some things there to that were strange and kinda new to me in a way(and some were a liitle bit scary to see to)
    but i thought ,god will give me guidance in this to ....he will give me green light in what to do and what not....and you always got the bibel to see if things that are been said, or things that are been done are correct......

but today learned the biggest lesson and it came trough a woman of 89 years old and it was beautifull :huh: who confirmed what i knew deep down in my heart i only had to overcome it and be strong in it.

here it is...

:heart: :huh: :heart: :huh: :blush: :heart: :huh: :heart: :huh:

i came walking up to the doors of the church outside the church and saw this car and there was this young woman standing on one side of a car and than open the car door........and an old woman was struggeling to get out of the car...i saw that the young woman had also bags that she had to bring along and i asked her ""can i help"" she said ""please"" ......

than she pointed by looking at direction to the old lady.......

so she would get the bags and i would help the old lady....

I Smiled and she got up and leaned on my arm.....

I asked her How she was doing ......

what her name was...as we did some slow andpeacefull steps together......little millimeters........ :huh:

than i asked her "'is this youre first time here ......?"'

she said "'no my child i come here sinds the biggining this church was build here "' and i said ....wow ......than she said ""yes i am 89 years old""

and i said "'beautifull""...

Than i said ""well i,m kinda new here........""

""or lets say this is all new to me...""

Than she said by looking at me with her eyes bright and full of wisdom and love ""my child let me give you a good advise ,let me tell you sumthing..."' Now you have manny churches all over ....and there are manny serveses one in that way one in that way (and she said it like you have some weird serveses to )and you have people in the church to now they may be in church but they still people like you and i and others....and some will say nice things and some will say weird and not nice things to...

but dont come for the people , Come For the word of god ! :teach:

and than we walked trough the church door together...

and i was like AMEN ! :heart: :heart: :grouphug: :heart:

i thanked god for this blessing and wise lesson from a woman who has been there.....

just wanted to share it with you guys for people in search of a church.. :huh:

L :heart: ve

libertylady :heart:

5. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    The whole Bible is not the true word of GOD. The only things in the Bible or any book of a religious nature that was written in ancient days is where it says, “Thus saith the LORD” or any thing of those days that suggest the words were actually spoken with the BREATH of GOD. Only that can be accounted as absolute and Holy.

If someone gave you a letter from the President of the United States and in that letter he was asking you to do something you might disagree with. What is the first thing you would look for in that letter?

You would look for the Presidents signature, wouldn’t you? You would look for something that authenticates the letter itself. Why don’t we do the same for GOD?

6. LibertyLady

social worker...
    Ratings:
    +9
    ?

i dont understand youre point......

help me out here....

welcome to desthee by the way :grouphug:

Lovelibertylady

7. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    We would look for authentication from the president, right. Why can we do the same with GOD?

8. Joyce

Joyce Well-Known Member MEMBER

people
    Ratings:
    +56
    Liberty...handle this one with care. :glasses:

9. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,325
    To be apart of the Son's salvation, you need to be apart of the church, but not formally apart of "a church". You do need brothers and sisters in the faith to be with you as you learn, because this is not a journey the Son has set us on to walk alone without them, but so many churches have allowed themselves to be filled with corruption, it's best to be apart of something smaller, I believe.

Nevertheless, whichever is chosen, so long as you truly have faith, belief, and trust, in the Son for His sacrifice for our iniquity and His resurrection to life eternal, which has brought us to redemption, I believe that won't go unnoticed before the Father. And living according to His commandments, regardless of where you are housed for His worship, I believe shows where your heart truly is; that is, in our KING.

10. willa

willa Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +301
    Are you going to let others tell you what God wants? Will you join the church that preaches the loudest? You will find the true church when you study from the beginning to the end asking for the Holy Spirit to guide you. Then read it again praying for the Holy Spirit. Compare one religion to another according to the scriptures in relation to their church doctrine . You will find the truth in all scriptures; and, there are other scriptures. The Book of Thomas, The Book of Enoch, the Book of Law as example, for which the Bible speaks but is not contained under the title of the "Book of Law" in the Bible, probably a long list. There are other prophets spoken of in the Bible of which we have no knowledge, only that there are other prophets. There are two prophets spoken of in Revelations coming forward in the latter days in Jerusalem. Study your Bible for your self, praying for the Holy Spirit to bring you understanding. To not do what the Lord teaches us as we learn, leaves us in confusion without Spirit.