Black Spirituality Religion : Church Bans Children to “Protect” Pastor Registered as Sex Offender

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by jamesfrmphilly, Jun 13, 2014.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    [​IMG]
    According to First Coast News, a Jacksonville, Florida church has separated children out from their congregation so a pastor who confessed to sexual crimes against two young girls can continue preaching.

While he was the pastor of Shiloh Baptist Church Gilyard molested a 15-year-old girl and sent a lewd text message to another. Under the conditions of his plea agreement, Gilyard cannot have “unsupervised contact with children under 18 years old,” and in separating children from the congregation, “his new church has taken extraordinary steps to help Gilyard stick to the terms of his deal.”

http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/2...tect-pastor-registered-as-child-sex-offender/

2. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
  3. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    :eek: This is something that is happening so many places...and these are men who have their wives...SMH:( This is sad....people are human BUT where is the discipline and control of these men.

King James Bible
    Matthew 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

4. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    i would suggest that congregation has it's priorities backwards.......

5. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503

I have to agree. The members are no different than the pastor. How can these parents behave like this...no wonder our children are in a mess, they have lost confidence in those that are to be trusted. A pastor from the SDA in Trinidad has been charged with molesting two young girls members of his congregation and whislt he appeared in court...MEMBERS OF THE CONGREGATION WERE OUT GREETING HIM...as though he was a hero. :( Black folks need their heads examining.

Pastor resigns amid sex scandal | Tobago News | News

PRINCIPAL ON SEX CHARGES | Trinidad Express ...
    Adventist network 3ABN and founder's brother sued in child ...

6. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Why you wanna get me started James...:nono:

Trouble maker...:laughing:

BTW, I wonder if they had these same views about the Catholic Chruch?

I'm holding them to this comment right here:

I would love to sit in that church just to hear who, and what they condemn, which would make them hypocrites.

Peace!

7. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Priorities!!!...stop clownin James...:rofl:

I think I'm going to have to get to the bus stop early to catch that bus to hell cuz sometin tells me it's gonna be crowded.

peace!

8. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043

man.. they must really need a Pastor.. that's crazy.. "he can comeback but keep him away from the kids!". They deserve whatever happens to them.

9. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Though this was over 2 years ago, and the incident occurred in 2008...
    here:

:bullseye:

10. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    Probation terms altered to permit sex offender pastor to minister to children
    A Baptist church that made news two years ago for allowing a registered sex offender to preach is now free to allow children in worship services.

Friday, April 25, 2014

y Bob Allen
    A judge in Florida has changed probation terms for a preacher who is a registered sex offender to allow the former Southern Baptist pastor to minister to children in his church.

[​IMG]
    Darrell Gilyard
    Darrell Gilyard, 52, began preaching at Christ Tabernacle Missionary Baptist Church in Jacksonville, Fla., shortly after his release from prison in December 2011 for sex crimes against two minor girls at his previous church. It made international news when the church barred children from worship, because Gilyard’s probation prohibited him from having contact with minors.
    Recently, according to Jacksonville television station WJXT, a judge agreed to modify the probation so Gilyard can "minister to children under the age of 18 as long as the children are supervised by an adult other than the defendant."

Gilyard pleaded guilty in 2009 to lewd or lascivious conduct and molestation involving two girls younger than 16. His 2007 resignation after 15 years as pastor of Jacksonville’s Shiloh Metropolitan Baptist Church, a 7,000-member predominantly African-American congregation, marked the fifth pastorate he lost due to allegations of sexual misconduct...

http://abpnews.com/ministry/people/item/28621-sex-offender-pastor-can-minister-to-children
    http://www.news4jax.com/New-probation-guidelines-for-sex-offender-pastor/25560234