Tantrum said:
Its crazy the racism on here
No matter what she has done
For woman that have cancer
All the donations for woman of all colors
Yall cant look past that
We have some sad individuals on here
This truely shows people and racism is serious

“Racism” a very provocative and nasty word indeed. Co-opted by the right–wing talk show circuit and Republican Party and now applied to everyone, even Black-Americans

May I be so shallow as to assume or presume we are talking about the same word?

Definition of racism: "the prejudice that members of one race are intrinsically superior to members of other races."

When I was considerably younger it meant one in a position of power or authority who denied those of another ethnic group the opportunity to participate, i.e. dictating their income, credit opportunities, housing patterns, voting rights, etc..

What Black-American has ever possessed such power? Please give some examples. Just because white-America uses the word so cavalierly does not mean we should buy into the premise.

When Black-Americans rule the roost, deny others those same rights, I’ll withhold the “politically correct” terminology of acknowledging us of having the sheer capacity to exhibit “Racism”.

pfa1451usa said:
“Racism” a very provocative and nasty word indeed. Co-opted by the right–wing talk show circuit and Republican Party and now applied to everyone, even Black-Americans

Definition of racism: "the prejudice that members of one race are intrinsically superior to members of other races."

When I was considerably younger it meant one in a position of power or authority who denied those of another ethnic group the opportunity to participate, i.e. dictating their income, credit opportunities, housing patterns, voting rights, etc..

What Black-American has ever possessed such power? Please give some examples. Just because white-America uses the word so cavalierly does not mean we should buy into the premise.

When Black-Americans rule the roost, deny others those same rights, I’ll withhold the “politically correct” terminology of acknowledging us of having the sheer capacity to exhibit “Racism”.

I know what it is
I wont get into a debate
Like everone else like to do
Thats just not me
Its a shame that people
On here hate white people so much
That a woman that has died of cancer
Donated money to help woman of all color dies
Yet people on here display racism
PERIOD
Thats what it is

pfa1451usa said:

I agree blacks can't be racist, but they can be prejudiced. Should prejudiced feelings be encouraged? Keep in mind, I consider acknowleding the reality of racism and doing something about (an action that is necessary by the way), separate and apart from disliking someone because God/Nature gave them a different set of physical characteristics. I also think you can have sympathy for another PERSON'S suffering without diminishing anything from the suffering of your own race.

I have compassion for his situation because I see a person suffering. I also have compassion for people of my own race who are suffering.

Dana Reeve

karmashines said:
I agree blacks can't be racist, but they can be prejudiced. Should prejudiced feelings be encouraged? Keep in mind, I consider acknowleding the reality of racism and doing something about (an action that is necessary by the way), separate and apart from disliking someone because God/Nature gave them a different set of physical characteristics. I also think you can have sympathy for another PERSON'S suffering without diminishing anything from the suffering of your own race.

I have compassion for his situation because I see a person suffering. I also have compassion for people of my own race who are suffering.

I have neither prejudice nor malice toward Mrs. Reeves...simply noted the passing of Kirby Pucket...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back