Black People : Christmas Do You Celebrate it?

I Celebrate Christmas and I always have....

• A Decorated Pine Tree

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Lights In My Windows Or On My House

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Misletoe

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • A Wreath

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Gifts To Give

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Went to Church

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • A Santa Claus

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • A Big Dinner

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Alcohol And Offered It To My Guests

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Wished For a White Christmas

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Christmas Songs Playing

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • None Of The Above

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters
RunawaySlave said:
I’m curious as to what are the reasons Black People buy mistletoe, wreaths, lights, exchange gifts, max out credit cards, put up pine trees, decorate them, put lights on their house, wreaths on their cars, sing Christmas carols, send cards etc.

Black people do this because everyone else does it.

I don't celebrate Christmas because it's stupid. It's all about gifts and what someone can get someone else to buy them. It's a consumer holiday and the only people that benefit from it are the stores that get all the people to buy their crap.

Does the telling of such stories about Santa, and Christmas, being the birthdate of Christ build in children a disrespect for truth, and does such a practice dishonor Jesus Christ, who taught that God must be worshipped with truth? John 4:23,24

Is there any objection to sharing in celebrations that may have unchristian roots as long as it is not done for religious reasons?

" Keep on making sure of what is acceptable to the lord; and quit sharing with them in the unfruitful works that belong to the darkeness, but rather, even be reproving them." Eph.5:10,11

These are beliefs and practices of Jehova Witnesses. Taken from the publishers of the WatchTower and placed in a book they keep to answer questions that come up from them and others they talk to when they show up at your door. " Reasons from the Scriptures. "

Ask for a copy next time, before you turn your back, or slam the door in the face of the only religion and religious group. I know that does not celebrate the Christmas holiday. And be nicer to them, give them a few dollars, for the literature. It isn't printed free, yet they will give it free if you ask.

I was once a Jehova Witness, and this I learned. Coming from a family of nine children, and a house that celebrated christmas, it was hard to understand. I was a teenager seeking my own understanding of religion. Today I am of the Baptist denomination. I know the truth, and that has set my mind free.

I will however not destroy something I once practiced, and my children now practice just to make my point. God knows the truth, and he will be the only judge! Let him strike down those who created the practice of deceiving the world.

We pledge allegiance to flags, celebrate holidays and made up days, drink and take drugs, practice sex out of wedlock, and yes a lot of those day are made up to get money and have been commercialized. Unless you are walking upright in everyway. Be careful of your finger pointing.

HODEE said:
Does the telling of such stories about Santa, and Christmas, being the birthdate of Christ build in children a disrespect for truth, and does such a practice dishonor Jesus Christ, who taught that God must be worshipped with truth? John 4:23,24

Is there any objection to sharing in celebrations that may have unchristian roots as long as it is not done for religious reasons?

" Keep on making sure of what is acceptable to the lord; and quit sharing with them in the unfruitful works that belong to the darkeness, but rather, even be reproving them." Eph.5:10,11

These are beliefs and practices of Jehova Witnesses. Taken from the publishers of the WatchTower and placed in a book they keep to answer questions that come up from them and others they talk to when they show up at your door. " Reasons from the Scriptures. "

Ask for a copy next time, before you turn your back, or slam the door in the face of the only religion and religious group. I know that does not celebrate the Christmas holiday. And be nicer to them, give them a few dollars, for the literature. It isn't printed free, yet they will give it free if you ask.

I was once a Jehova Witness, and this I learned. Coming from a family of nine children, and a house that celebrated christmas, it was hard to understand. I was a teenager seeking my own understanding of religion. Today I am of the Baptist denomination. I know the truth, and that has set my mind free.

I will however not destroy something I once practiced, and my children now practice just to make my point. God knows the truth, and he will be the only judge! Let him strike down those who created the practice of deceiving the world.

We pledge allegiance to flags, celebrate holidays and made up days, drink and take drugs, practice sex out of wedlock, and yes a lot of those day are made up to get money and have been commercialized. Unless you are walking upright in everyway. Be careful of your finger pointing.

Yup! You are correct. I read this book as child. My parents are Jehovah's Witnesses so I have access to a lot of their literature.I agree with that relegion to this day. I'm starting to go back to the Kingdom Hall.

What Christmas is to me...

Christmas represents several things to me. Through there is much speculation as to the true meaning of Christmas, I see it as the day when the salvation of mankind came to earth. Whether this is the actual day this event occurred is irrelevant it is the day I have chosen to celebrate. Celebration comes from the heart. To me December 25th is teh official day I can say it's winter. I celebrate the beautiful of winter as well. This is also a time of family bonding. Though I try to bless others all thoughout the year I try to find some special significance in blessing strangers during the holidays. Christmas is an American tradition for me as well. Christmas is a fun time for many children as well. Christmas is a second thanksgiving to me as well. Christmas is a time of joyful giving. Christmas is more about what is in your heart than your wallet. This is why I love Christmas. Christmas is a time of year that that celebrates the best of who I am.

Peace

Radical Faith

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back