Black People : Christmas Do You Celebrate it?

I Celebrate Christmas and I always have....

• A Decorated Pine Tree

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Lights In My Windows Or On My House

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Misletoe

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • A Wreath

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Gifts To Give

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Went to Church

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • A Santa Claus

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • A Big Dinner

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Alcohol And Offered It To My Guests

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Wished For a White Christmas

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Christmas Songs Playing

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • None Of The Above

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters
My parents celebrate it.

tbh, when I go out on my own the only way that I will celebrate it is by putting outdoor lights around my house. I'm always blown away by some other houses in the neighborhood who put on those nice well-coordinated displays and wish my parents did that. I will also get a fake small tree when I am living on my own..i'm not a big holiday person.

If I have kids then I will buy them presents just so they won't feel outcasted in the materialistic society that is America. Christmas has def became too commercialized..

I grew up celebrating Christmas.

Even though we were poor, my Mother tried to make it a special time for us.

Likewise, I am poor too, raising children alone, and did the same to the degree I could.

Now that I'm older, with no real responsibility to children at this time, i like it more ... :)

Seriously though, to parents with young children ... fret not ... do what you can and leave the rest.

Give your children love ... the things money cannot buy ... for they are the true treasures.

Happy All the Days Family.

:heart:

Destee

What Christmas is to me...

Christmas represents several things to me. Through there is much speculation as to the true meaning of Christmas, I see it as the day when the salvation of mankind came to earth. Whether this is the actual day this event occurred is irrelevant it is the day I have chosen to celebrate. Celebration comes from the heart. To me December 25th is teh official day I can say it's winter. I celebrate the beautiful of winter as well. This is also a time of family bonding. Though I try to bless others all thoughout the year I try to find some special significance in blessing strangers during the holidays. Christmas is an American tradition for me as well. Christmas is a fun time for many children as well. Christmas is a second thanksgiving to me as well. Christmas is a time of joyful giving. Christmas is more about what is in your heart than your wallet. This is why I love Christmas. Christmas is a time of year that that celebrates the best of who I am.

Peace

Radical Faith

Ditto. :)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back