Black Spirituality Religion : CHRISTMAS AND BLOODSHED.

ibrahim

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 17, 2005
Ghana, West Africa
Occupation
Student
Yesterday, my christian friends were dicussing about how they were going to celebrate x'mas. So i was thinking and asked myself some questions.

Did the Bible say Jesus as born on the 25th of December?

There is no mention in the Bible nor did Jesus ever mention that christians should celebrate x'mas apart from the last super when he shared Bread and wine with his disciples and said DO THIS in remembrace of me.

Did Jesus himself ever celebrated his own birthday. As far as i know, only king Herod celebrated his birthday and one that John the Baptist as executed and his head given to him daughter on a platter as a gift.

Isn't xmas associated with blooshed?

So why do christians celebrate xmas.

Well.. for years the reason why I/We celebrated Christmas was because I/we believed that God gave his only begotten son so that we could have life. He gave his son as a gift. So I/we exchanged gifts in rememberance of what God did for us. Now, I know to many this DO NOT make any sense.. but like I said this is why I/WE (those in my circle) celebrated Christmas.

ibrahim said:
Yesterday, my christian friends were dicussing about how they were going to celebrate x'mas. So i was thinking and asked myself some questions.

Did the Bible say Jesus as born on the 25th of December?

There is no mention in the Bible nor did Jesus ever mention that christians should celebrate x'mas apart from the last super when he shared Bread and wine with his disciples and said DO THIS in remembrace of me.

Did Jesus himself ever celebrated his own birthday. As far as i know, only king Herod celebrated his birthday and one that John the Baptist as executed and his head given to him daughter on a platter as a gift.

Isn't xmas associated with blooshed?

So why do christians celebrate xmas.
In fact, Jesus never even called anyone a christian.

Out of all the gospels that were circulating among the People of the Way the four chosen by the Roman Catholic churc are the four that helped them to formulate a new state religion which they thought would help their ailing empire.

There is so much disagreement about events among those four gospels that they really can't serve as historical documents of Jesus' life.

Xmas was not celebrated until the fourth century.

Brotha Aqil's threads about the virgin birth and Santa claus are excellent sources of information about the history of this holiday,

river said:
In fact, Jesus never even called anyone a christian.

Out of all the gospels that were circulating among the People of the Way the four chosen by the Roman Catholic churc are the four that helped them to formulate a new state religion which they thought would help their ailing empire.

There is so much disagreement about events among those four gospels that they really can't serve as historical documents of Jesus' life.

Xmas was not celebrated until the fourth century.

Brotha Aqil's threads about the virgin birth and Santa claus are excellent sources of information about the history of this holiday,

Sister River, i will check Brother Aqil's thread and i might have something to say. Buy anyway, thx for the info...

sonnee01 said:
Well.. for years the reason why I/We celebrated Christmas was because I/we believed that God gave his only begotten son so that we could have life. He gave his son as a gift. So I/we exchanged gifts in rememberance of what God did for us. Now, I know to many this DO NOT make any sense.. but like I said this is why I/WE (those in my circle) celebrated Christmas.

Apart from giving and talking gifts do you go merry making on this day?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back