Black Spirituality Religion : CHRISTMAS AND BLOODSHED.

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by ibrahim, Dec 18, 2005.

1. ibrahim

ibrahim Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ghana
    Student
    Ratings:
    +122
    Yesterday, my christian friends were dicussing about how they were going to celebrate x'mas. So i was thinking and asked myself some questions.

Did the Bible say Jesus as born on the 25th of December?

There is no mention in the Bible nor did Jesus ever mention that christians should celebrate x'mas apart from the last super when he shared Bread and wine with his disciples and said DO THIS in remembrace of me.

Did Jesus himself ever celebrated his own birthday. As far as i know, only king Herod celebrated his birthday and one that John the Baptist as executed and his head given to him daughter on a platter as a gift.

Isn't xmas associated with blooshed?

So why do christians celebrate xmas.

2. sonnee01

sonnee01 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +29
    Well.. for years the reason why I/We celebrated Christmas was because I/we believed that God gave his only begotten son so that we could have life. He gave his son as a gift. So I/we exchanged gifts in rememberance of what God did for us. Now, I know to many this DO NOT make any sense.. but like I said this is why I/WE (those in my circle) celebrated Christmas.

3. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    In fact, Jesus never even called anyone a christian.

Out of all the gospels that were circulating among the People of the Way the four chosen by the Roman Catholic churc are the four that helped them to formulate a new state religion which they thought would help their ailing empire.

There is so much disagreement about events among those four gospels that they really can't serve as historical documents of Jesus' life.

Xmas was not celebrated until the fourth century.

Brotha Aqil's threads about the virgin birth and Santa claus are excellent sources of information about the history of this holiday,

4. ibrahim

Ghana
    Student
    Ratings:
    +122

Sister River, i will check Brother Aqil's thread and i might have something to say. Buy anyway, thx for the info...

5. ibrahim

Ghana
    Student
    Ratings:
    +122

Apart from giving and talking gifts do you go merry making on this day?

6. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Ibrahim

The Christmas season was actually a pagan holiday carried over from Norther European pagans before Christianity was established by the Romans.

It was called "yule tide" and it was actually a celebration of the Winter Soltice.

The act of cutting down an evergreen tree and decorating it was a tradition the European pagans learned from the Persia pagans....who did it in rememberance of Nimrod.

The "Santa" in Santa Claus is actually related to the word "Satan".

When you examine "Old St. Nick".....

Nick was an old term for the devil, and Muslims don't call eachother by "Nick-names" because they're of the devil.

7. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Wow I never made that connection before about nick names.

You are right about the Persians and Europeans. In fact Mithra was a Persian and Hindu sun god who was imported into the Mediterranian area about the same time as christianity so the two systems kinda grew up together and christianity borrowed heavily from mithranism. There were several sun gods who were born of a virgin on the winter solstice (December 25 under the Julian calendar) hundreds and even thousands of years before Jesus.

Most christians would rather not know the history of the things they practice. Ignorance is bliss.

8. Aqil

Aqil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +114
    Thank you, my sister.

You speak truth to power, sister river. As Mencius said:

"To act without clear understanding; to form habits without investigation; to follow a path all one’s life not truly knowing where it leads…this is the behavior of the multitudes."

9. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    And yet the christian believes all the time that he is following the "narrow way."

I have also noticed your signature and was so struck by it that I shared it with several friends.

10. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    The first problem is Santa Claus isn't even recognized in the Latin world.

Santa is related to Saint through the Latin language but both words are related to the word "Satan".

Just like Deva was the same word used by both the Aryans in India and the Perians.
    But where as Devas were good "gods" in to the Aryans, the Devas were "demons" to the Persians.

It's just a play on different words but they are still related.

Satan = Advarsary or Advocate.....spokesmen.....lawyer...procecuting attorney in a sense.

Saints used to be used by the Catholics and others to "mediate" between humans and God.

Do your history and you'll make the connection.