Black Christians : Christians Respond To Victoria Osteen's Claim: 'When We Obey God..We're Doing It For Ourself'

I think Christians really can sometimes be a bit to narrow minded and legalistic about nothing.

There are things we do strictly with our own well-being in mind. I never went to use bathroom and thought, "Wow, I'm taking this dump for God..This one's for you Jesus"..

Maybe I shouldn't answer that question because I'm no traditional anything really.

lol ... Your honesty is deafening I'm Becoming Me, and to a degree, there is nitpicking going on in this account.

I was brought up to believe that the creator granted you the abilities to do whatever according to your will. Which means you go out and do the work to show your worth.
You don't pray for a way to be made because it was there from the start, you simply apply yourself to get there.

I think that taught belief is true, if the Creator is foremost in our mind at the time we pursue what we call our will.

It seems to me Matthew 6: 32-34 sort of addresses your over-arching statement of not having to pray, just do it.

32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

lol ... Your honesty is deafening I'm Becoming Me, and to a degree, there is nitpicking going on in this account.

It's really laughable and ridiculous, but not surprising. :lol:

Total nitpicking. I mean, really. :hammer:

Are there not more pressing issues going on in the world and our lives than the complete and utter slaying of someone's 'choice of words'..

Gosh. Ghee. Goodness. Ugh. Sigh.

They need to get that upset about the hungry and poor. Ya know, those who Jesus told them to take care of. Let me see anger about that and let it make national headlines. :eek ron:

O I also thought I'd point out that she said clearly, "When we OBEY God"..I don't see her saying anything inappropriate.

I follow leading of Holy Spirit for my benefit too.

What's so wrong about what she said..as if God needs our defense anyway. I see where she's coming from and makes sense to me.

There's plenty folks don't agree on spiritually. Why is that so upsetting to people?... wow..

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back