Black Spirituality Religion : Christians: How do you feel about non-believers? and what does the Bible...?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Ictoan Itkfae, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Ictoan Itkfae

Ictoan Itkfae Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +36
    Peace, Christian Brothers & Sisters,

Well first, I'm not a member of any religion. I'm an agnostic if "agnostic" means one who does not believe nor disbelieve that there is a God.

I wanted to ask this because I recently had a conversation with a Christian Sister and she came across as being hateful of me because I am a non-believer.

How do you, Christian Brother or Sister, feel about non-believers? and what does the Bible say about how you should feel towards us?

Peace & Love,
    Bro. Ictoan.

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077
    Christian Study Group
    http://destee.com/index.php?forums/christian-study-group.65/

Hopefully, the above link will help answer at least some of your questions ...

3. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    I love everybody. I may not like what they do, maybe even hate it, but I don't hate them as that would be condemning them and not the action, and we're to condemn none, and love our enemies.

If you really want to know the Scriptures, read them, and believe.

4. Ictoan Itkfae

Ratings:
    +36
    Peace, Sis. Angela22,

Unfortunately my beloved Sister, I'm in a mind state where I can't trust that everything that I read is authentic. It's a very long story that I don't want to discuss here. I know that it sounds crazy that I can't trust that any Bible that I pick up is authentic (lol,) but it is what it is, as they say.

Peace & Love,
    Bro. Ictoan

5. Josh X Brown

Josh X Brown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +156
    As Salaam Alaikum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First One Must come to an Understanding of what that person think a Unbeliever Is.
    Personally I get tired of hearing the Word. Does Ideology make you a believer or does your work and how you carry into practice make you a believer? If I am correct your belief in God not Ideology and how you live according to your belief in God by whatever name you call him in the language you speak. If You studied Bible all those whom were sent by God pointed you to The creator not themselves. Now today you have many sects in Christianity as well as Islam. Somethings wrong with that picture if God is One then his people will be One but do you see that today. NO

6. Ictoan Itkfae

Ratings:
    +36
    Sister Angela22, is loving everybody a Bible-based teaching or is that based on some man-made doctrine? I ask that because, the Prophet David said (if my sources are correct:)

Psalm 31:6
    I have hated them that regard lying vanities: but I trust in the Lord.

Peace & Love,
    Bro. Ictoan

7. Angela22

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Bible-based.

For me to hate another would be hypocritical, and hypocrites aren't apart of His Kingdom.

I'm a sinner saved like many of my bros and sis; David was a King of Israel chosen by the Father, the Most High! It's NOT the same.

That's all I have to say to that, because again, you're a non-believer, so the wisdom of the Scriptures quite clearly escapes you, with your preconceived notions. :cool:

I can only do so much; I can't force you to see truth.

8. Ictoan Itkfae

Ratings:
    +36
    LOL. I once heard someone say that hell is a condition that is experienced in this life...he was able to make me see and believe his claim LOL.

As a Christian, if Jesus made the blind see and said that his disciples would do greater works than he did, how can a Christian not be able to make someone see?

A Scripture would help me see. Do you know any Scriptures about loving everybody?

And I'm sorry my beloved Sister but I don't believe your claim that as a non-believer I inherently can't understand the Bible. What makes you say that:)?

Peace & Love,
    Bro. Ictoan

9. Angela22

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    I said force, not enable. The Son forced none, so, uh, learn the difference, yeah?

10. Ictoan Itkfae

Ratings:
    +36
    LOLOL.

Well (lol) let me elaborate on my example. A preacher said, "Hell is a condition that is experienced in this life. It's not some place that we go when we physically die but it is experienced in this physical life." He was able to make me see his claim by referring to the word "hereafter." He said the word is "hereafter," not "thereafter." I looked at a Scripture in the Bible about hell and it proved that his words are true.

Now I can see that many people are in hell right now right in this physical life, burning and what not...

A Scripture could help me see that loving everybody is Bible-based, and a Scripture could help me to see that non-believers inherently can't understand the Word.