Black Spirituality Religion : Christians: How do we feel about Christianity's endorsement of slavery?

You don't read very well, do you?

Why did you not respond to this:

What happen here John:

And masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him

How do explain away the shortcomings of the Master? What happen to sincerity of heart, equal treatment ...

John Williams, if you can't answer me above, please stop quoting and replying back to me ... This is foolishness ...

Sir, I'm not trying to prove anything. I just asked a question, "Christians: How do you feel about Christianity's endorsement of slavery?" There was nothing for me to "prove." This is just a query because I would like to hear what Christians think about this.

It should be more of an issue of the Holy See authorizing and profiting from it rather than search for scriptures about slavery... as I said before, its all in the interpretation of the religion to mask the nature of the leader and their agenda.
They allowed it, they profited from it, they continued to spread it, allowed the misinformation of it, allowed the dehumanization to continue, and in the later centuries, when all the damage has been done. simply said 'my bad'

Its not a bane on every Christian that their book was used in this way.

But if you reject it based on the historical actions of those which follow it, you must also feel the same for all the monotheistic religions based around their version of the Deity

Sir, I'm not trying to prove anything. I just asked a question, "Christians: How do you feel about Christianity's endorsement of slavery?" There was nothing for me to "prove." This is just a query because I would like to hear what Christians think about this.

Peace and welcome

Just one problem with the query you posed. The title of this thread says how do WE feel about it, and not how do YOU feel about it, yet you have not dared to answer....

No, Clyde, I don't need to qualify anything. It's right there in the Scripture and it says nothing about race...

Hello, and welcome to Destee...

If this is the case, why join a black site and pose this question?

It would be no different if I went to a white site, and asked what do the bible say about killing, and persecuting one's fellow man, meaning the KKK, and Hitler. What I have done is associate whites with this type of behavior. Just like you are associating blacks with slavery by posting this question on a black site.

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back