Black Spirituality Religion : Christians: Do you believe the devil created African religions?

Brother BlackBird ... i'm glad you're setting the record straight, because the evidence said otherwise.

If one only has the adherents to look at, to see the path ... well ... the picture can be frightening.

This is good to know ... Thanks.

:heart:

Destee

The picture can be frightening, but I know way more "tolerant" Vodouisants than I know of the other type.

African belief systems are far from static relics. They are highly dynamic and one can say, in sorts, very sycrentic. In Africa, you will find devout African Muslims and Christians who will visit the babalawo or bokono. There are some Islamic brotherhoods in West Africa were the members practice "artifacts" of the pre-Islamic belief systems of their people. The adherents of those belief systems have no problem with these, although I can imagine the labels of heresy that may be leveled at those more ancestrally oriented Muslims and Christians from the more mainstream folks of their respective religions.

BECAUSE HE'S EVIL!!!!!

It will be easier to just say you don't feel like explaining your opinion. It's better than being coy, and posting one liners that say nothing.

So I won't waste bandwidth,I'll add something to our discussion, and leave it alone. It can be argued that religion is at the root of some evil, but it is certainly not the root of all evil. Many times evil is being committed in the name of religion as a guise,to cover for the bigger picture. The bigger picture often enough includes some form of monetary wealth being gotten through evil acts.

Now evil is committed in the name of religion,people are killed in the name of some God. This has been going on since forever, and sometimes they've killed in the name of Goddess. But religion is not the root of all evil,there are many acts of evil committed in this world that have nothing to do with religion at all.

As far as the Devil, a name that has struck fear into the hearts of humans for centuries. A being said to be filled with such evil as to cause wars, plagues, death and destruction everyone. The sole being of Hell, the underworld where sinners go when they have done their time on earth. The one who caueses those people to sin in the first place. The Devil, or Lucifer if you prefer is a cover up for all the evil we humans like to cause to each other.

But I do have a question, (I don't expect you to answer it) but do evil extend to animals?

But it's a matter of belief,since I can't judge your beliefs, that is why I asked for your opinion.

Peace!

It will be easier to just say you don't feel like explaining your opinion. It's better than being coy, and posting one liners that say nothing.

So I won't waste bandwidth,I'll add something to our discussion, and leave it alone. It can be argued that religion is at the root of some evil, but it is certainly not the root of all evil. Many times evil is being committed in the name of religion as a guise,to cover for the bigger picture. The bigger picture often enough includes some form of monetary wealth being gotten through evil acts.

Now evil is committed in the name of religion,people are killed in the name of some God. This has been going on since forever, and sometimes they've killed in the name of Goddess. But religion is not the root of all evil,there are many acts of evil committed in this world that have nothing to do with religion at all.

As far as the Devil, a name that has struck fear into the hearts of humans for centuries. A being said to be filled with such evil as to cause wars, plagues, death and destruction everyone. The sole being of Hell, the underworld where sinners go when they have done their time on earth. The one who caueses those people to sin in the first place. The Devil, or Lucifer if you prefer is a cover up for all the evil we humans like to cause to each other.

But I do have a question, (I don't expect you to answer it) but do evil extend to animals?

But it's a matter of belief,since I can't judge your beliefs, that is why I asked for your opinion.

Peace!

I'm not Satan I don't know his reasons...What would you do if you were the Devil? Turn people against one another....DUH

Sorry if you don't like my answer but it is what it is.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back