Black Spirituality Religion : Christian Testimonies

Thank You ALL for your BlacKTasTic RE~sponse's!

I'm thinking :thinking:

IF these things are true...

THEN....what is the "problem" many of us have with christ-insanity:?:

I know, I know....I did not HAVE to put that out there like that...yet...that IS how I think about it anymore. At least, the surface ish which I suspect is what most respond to in that religion....surface stuff and not what's buried deep down inside.

IF things are truly about the Power of Our Minds....what we THINK...the Energies we send out.....THEN....would it not be strategic to support, encourage, educate the masses on USING THOSE ENERGIES towards something that is palpable....like....

"healing for the Afreekan people":?:
or..."Oh Lawd...help us BLACK get our sh*t together":?:
or something else to that effect...

INSTEAD of trying to convince them that they are WRONG in their thinking or beliefs?

IF We KNOW the bible and other christ-insanity tools are REALLY from US, about US etc...THEN....how can we BUILD on that as a bridge to support OUR Collective RE~connections.

given the staunch divisions inherent in many conversations between Afreekans who subscribe to christian beliefs?

I KNOW something "good" has come for many who practice in various RELIGIONS....and IF that "good" has MORE TO DO WITH THE ENERGIES BEING SENT OUT....THEN......

I imagine tho...with the teachings of "love EVERYONE"....including the enemy who whited-out the truth in the "word of god" it may be a hard sell....yet...I'm certain MANY christians have family members who they want to GET THEIR SH*T TOGETHER.....even as a BLACK MAN/WOMAN....almost ESPECIALLY as a Black man/woman cause they know....."You Mama raised you better than that"!

Ask them to JUST focus on God helping BLACK PEOPLE get it together.

M.E.
:hearts2:

You've brought up some very interesting points here. However, sadly, it is one thing in theory yet another in practice. Too many Black people just don't seem to be happy unless they can tear another down; and concentrating on our differences in religion and ideologies, we just widen the divide instead of bringing the chasm closer together.

Too many have to have an "us-against-them" mindset by pointing fingers of blame and disapproval because they don't agree with the other group's philosophies or religions even though they all may be striving for the greater good of Black people.

This has shown itself from Booker T and W.E.B. to Malcolm and Martin and to every religion and organization and ideology which Black people adhere to.

One group feels it has the right to denounce another group because they are deemed to be working against Black improvement with their beliefs, poisoning the minds of Blacks with their teachings or conspiring with the White power structure, etc.. And while we do this, in the meantime, our communities are still filled with drugs and crime and murders; and our children are still being neglected and abused and have no stable nurturing family unit and are propagating the cycle of dysfunction, and we still have no community economic base.

But, as long as we can assume an air of superiority against another Black dictating what is "Black" and what is not and tear the next Black person down about what they believe in, then we're happy.

my testimony

You've brought up some very interesting points here. However, sadly, it is one thing in theory yet another in practice. Too many Black people just don't seem to be happy unless they can tear another down; and concentrating on our differences in religion and ideologies, we just widen the divide instead of bringing the chasm closer together.

Too many have to have an "us-against-them" mindset by pointing fingers of blame and disapproval because they don't agree with the other group's philosophies or religions even though they all may be striving for the greater good of Black people.

This has shown itself from Booker T and W.E.B. to Malcolm and Martin and to every religion and organization and ideology which Black people adhere to.

One group feels it has the right to denounce another group because they are deemed to be working against Black improvement with their beliefs, poisoning the minds of Blacks with their teachings or conspiring with the White power structure, etc.. And while we do this, in the meantime, our communities are still filled with drugs and crime and murders; and our children are still being neglected and abused and have no stable nurturing family unit and are propagating the cycle of dysfunction, and we still have no community economic base.

But, as long as we can assume an air of superiority against another Black dictating what is "Black" and what is not and tear the next Black person down about what they believe in, then we're happy.

Greetings CherryBlossom and welcome to Destee.com!:number1:

It's interesting you would say that because it has been my experience with what I have come to now as "Christ-insanity, that is EXACTLY what it does.
Put forth an "air of superiority" in that RELIGION ..AS IF...that is the ONLY way....to "freedom".

Infact, it IS what the RELIGION teaches...."no one can come to the father BUT through the son"....Is that John 3:16:?: I do have a bible or two around here somewhere...and there was a time when I could quote scripture and verse...yet...I no long hold those stories near and dear to my heart...so that is probably off...wrong scriptural reference....anywho....

I'd much rather have conversations with other Afreekan Descendants that DO NOT end with ...Jesus and the practice of christ-insanity as THE answer to OUR troubles.

At the same time..I wondered how people reconciled the FACTS that many Christians have "testimonials" that they attribute to their faith in Jesus Christ.

I do KNOW that "God" is SPIRIT...and those that 'worship" it MUST do so in SPIRIT AND TRUTH.....SPIRIT is something that cannot be contained, and measured...is never ending and everflowing...ENERGY...in Motion...

I have come to KNOW....that my "help" does NOT come from "up in the sky way over there"....It DOES come within.....

M.E.

SINCE WE ARE CREATORS

I REALIZED IT IS THE POWER OF THOUGHT, THE POWER OF ATTRACTION AND THE UNIVERSAL LAWS THAT ARE IN FULL EFFECT WHETHER WE ARE AWARE OF THEM OR NOT. HOW CAN YOU TESTIFY OF POSITIVE THINGS HAPPENING, WELL, IF YOU HOLD THE THOUGHT IN YOUR MIND LONG ENOUGH, AND FEED IT YOUR ENERGIES BACKED UP WITH FAITH, I BELIEVE THAT IS HOW WE CREATE THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY CIRCUMSTANCES IN OUR LIFE.

EXAMPLE:

" A VERY DISTRESSING SITUATION CAME INTO MY LIFE, WHICH COULD NOT HAVE BEEN THE RESULT OF MY THOUGHTS, BECAUSE I CERTAINLY NEVER ENTERTAINED ANY THOUGHT WHICH COULD HAVE SUCH A RESULT." WE FAIL TO UNDERSTAND THAT LIKE ATTRACTS LIKE IN THE MENTAL WORLD, AND THAT THE THOUGHT WHICH WE ENTERTAIN BRINGS TO US CERTAIN FRIENDSHIPS, COMPANIONSHIPS OF A PARTICULAR KIND, AND THESE IN TURN BRING ABOUT CONDITIONS AND ENVIROMENT, WHICH IN TURN ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE VERY CONDITIONS OF WHICH WE COMPLAIN. YA SEE, THOUGHT IS TRANSMUTED INTO CHARACTER, AND CHARACTER IS THE MAGNET WHICH CREATES THE ENVIROMENT OF THE INDIVIDUAL.

WE CREATE OUR OWN ENVIROMENTS BY THE VERY THINGS WE CONCENTRATE ON. LIKE THE WHITE MAN HOLDIN US DOWN! MAYBE TO A POINT, THEN YOU HAVE TO FLIP THE SCRIPT AND START CHANGING THE WAY YOU THINK AND START CREATING YOUR LIFE THE WAY YOU WANT IT TO BE. THAT IS WHERE FAITH COMES IN.

where did it come from...

free2_be said:
" A VERY DISTRESSING SITUATION CAME INTO MY LIFE, WHICH COULD NOT HAVE BEEN THE RESULT OF MY THOUGHTS, BECAUSE I CERTAINLY NEVER ENTERTAINED ANY THOUGHT WHICH COULD HAVE SUCH A RESULT."

So in the end...it sounds like you are suggesting that YOU DID IN FACT ...bring it on yourself...and WE ..AFREEKANS brought the shystem of slavery on OUR selves...:SuN033:

DID WE THINK THAT INTO EXISTENCE:?:

M.E.

when you know you move beyond faith, your faith becomes the object

It's eating me to say this bro:qqb020:
In this 1 instant Bro Oceolo is right. (even a broken clock is correct ever so often). I know his premise is wrong but his words happen 2 b right.

Faith in it of itself is nothing -- it is rather the object of your faith that is important.

Faith actually is nothing it is a concept or idea. Unlike an object that is made up of matter/energy. Where Oceolo and others who think like him is lost. Is when their faith is based on subject matter alone. As oppose to object matter that we actually and universally can experience together. Such as a Sunny Day on the beach. The Million man March. A Destee member picnic.:hi: etc. etc.
Now It gets sticky when faith is based on a subject he/she can not experience. Faith alone with no object to substantiate the faith is very divisive among us.
I read a lot of things you state here brotha and I can follow and understand the bulk of what you are saying even though we have never met

(yet, I'll give U a call next time I'm in Bucktown lol),

we don't follow no dogma, specific religious or academic doctrine. But in most cases we see eye to eye because of the focus you have on tuning in to the intelligence inside you which is the same as the intelligence going on all around us.

it's hard to explain

It's subject matter ppl don't get to focus on too often, Plus our language(English) doesn't translate this subject matter to well but I still give it the ole college try. :lol:

but it's more like how does you stomach "KNOW" to digest food

how does your heart "KNOW" to beat

how does your eye "KNOW" to see

and hopefully you can see where i'm taking this

U -know- I- C brotha and those are excellent examples U brought forth. No need to quote words from a book when you truly understand something.

Peace:glasses:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back