Black Spirituality Religion : Christian Testimonies

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by truetothecause, Apr 3, 2008.

1. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Greetings All!

I'm just wondering here, with all that we have learned regarding the christian religon and it's impact on the Afreekan mind, how do people account for the real lived testimonies of many of our family members past and present?

I mean, I no longer follow christianity and I recognize the danger, separation and pain it causes amongst US, yet at the same time, I cannot discount the testimonies of the people who do practice it.

Just as those of the Yoruba, AAS and other ATR assert the Spiritual effectiveness in their daily lives, so to have our people similar experiences in their belief and practice of christianity.

So what, I wonder, do those who are staunch in their critique of the negative impact of said religon in the lives of OUR people, attribute those testimonies to:?:

M.E.

:hearts:

2. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Any examples?

3. truetothecause

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Hey Kieta!
    Well like, the testimonials given in church or homes...money given when least expected yet sorely needed.
    A child coming home who was missing...this following the 24 hr. prayer vilgil or something like that or right after they joined the church and they had not been in it before.
    The "feeling" or "Spirit" of the 'holy ghost' during services. This looks very similar to "possessions" in the Yoruba or other ATR's.
    Physical healings which the christiam attributes and swears was the "work of the Lord" in thier lives.

Are these all simply coincidence and if so, the things that people state who practice ATR's also coincidence or can they really be linked to their belief system and practice of it/them?

M.E.

:hearts2:

4. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382

Believe it or not, I addressed things like this in my book so I know you have not read it. However dear Sister...energy is energy, whether positive or negative and whatever goes out must return back to you according to the law of correspondence. When I have more time maybe I can post some pages from my book about this....maybe. You too can heal by touch...you just don't know it and haven't developed yourself to do so...but you got the power.

5. truetothecause

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Aite, Aite, Aite......You are correct that I have not read your book.
    I have no funds to purchase and this is the only reason why I have not read it.

I would LOVE to hear some of the things you spoke about on this topic and I imagine, based on your assertions here; re: we all having the power; that those things apply to the other religons as well.

I hear the "maybe's" as well..so......PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE..just a few paragraphs or pages....* with my best puppy eyes and sweet smile...lashes fluttering*

And are you also suggesting that those "testimonials" are in actuality the persons (Afreekans) ability to exercise the powers we have only they also don't know it's THEM and not the "work of the Lord":?:
    If so this makes much sense to me cause I'm clear that we (Afreekans) seem to be very AFRAID of admitting we have power in many ways.
    I've talked of "powerlessness" over racist/white lunantics behaviors yet, that does not equate to our being totally powerless.

Look FORWARD to hearing back from you!

M.E.

:hearts2:

6. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    I had to sleep on this

question and I have been thinking about it, and I offer my experiences...

I come from a very Christian family..... so I am qualified to speak of my experiences...

now, as Br. Keita states positive energy is positive energy... some who follow faiths... follow their own promptings more still.... they only use religion for a road map if u will but not the exact route as u know there are many ways to get to one destination...

although this stands true.... the people accounted for within are a small number..... u can do this math just by watching church folk (pun intended if the shoes fit wear em well)

the biggest picture tho.. is that religion and religious laws offer no flexibility.. they offer one route to get there.... disrespectful...

and their definitions of "forgiveness" is parrallell'd to the action of sweeping things under the rug..... pray about it... put it in someone elses' hands..

well sis..

i recently returned to the origin of my christianity to find that my little cousin was molested by my other cousin... he was three freakin yrs old...

guess what my nana at church prayin about it when she **** well has the ability and the authority to change that situation..

instead my cousin was told "let's just be a family.,," he 23 now.... and he tell me he depressed ...

i told him that his behavior is effecting his being...

the fact remains that he still lives here... i told him to pack his stuff.. leave and never look back..

he say nana was the only one there for him...

spoiling him otta guilt .. that don't ride over this way...

religion is her excuse and not her roadmap....

cowards premeditate sin with intent to repent later...

somebody gonna pay and that's my word!!!

so for every great real testimony ... there are 50 excuses...... no dice from me..... real talk...

if i die and wind up in christian heaven i wanna go head up wit white jesus.....
    and homey that painted him that way.

7. GeorgeM

GeorgeM Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +33
    As above so below....

I grew up Catholic, altar boy, down on my knees praying with rosaries and to statues..aspired to be a priest...and went to catholic school til I was to go to tenth grade......looking at me now you would think I made all of that up....broke away from it all when I was thirteen ( I wrote a poem about this called "I remember thirteen).....my self couldnt take the lies anymore.....I knew there was something that was happening when something "good" happened to me but I knew it wasnt that white God they taught me about nor those white saints....energy is energy like keita said.....wish for something hard enough and it will manifest....

8. A007

A007 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +115

It is as Keita said about energy. Our minds are powerful enough to bring about almost anything we focus on. The people with the testimonies attribute the "good" stuff to their own particular religion, but they never wonder if the same result would have come about if they subscribed to a different religion. The answer would likely be YES!! It was the positive focus and energy that brought about the desired result. It was not the religion. This can be observed because ALL religions have similar testamonies. In addition, there are ATHEISTS who have testamonies about positive results that they attribute to karma or whatever else that is not related to a religion.

Have you ever heard of the placebo effect? In a drug trial the control group is given a sugar pill and others are given an actual drug. Because the control group is not aware that they are the control group they BELEIVE they have gotten medicine to help with whatever ailment they have. Without fail people in the control group get better simply because they believe they were getting help and the mind manifested healing. It is the same for religion. The people believe so the the mind makes it happen.

9. Kabal

Kabal Banned

Ratings:
    +2
    I think that's a great question Truetothecause,

I believe that the power of belief can make anything "real".

I was raised in a home with christian beliefs and virtues and routinely going to church. As a young boy, I had a dream of "walking & talking with Jesus through the ancient city of Jerusalem." As a pre-teen, I felt that I had prophetic gifts and that my destiny was to be a prophet in the ministry. When I was 16, I was "baptized by the Holy Spirit" and spoke in "other tongues". I was an avid bible reader and studied the greek and hebrew words to gain further clarificaiton.

Yet at the same time, I found myself attracted to the world of psychism, spiritualism, and New Age philosophy. During that time, the christian world became more strange and weird to me. I started having clairvoyant, clairaudient, precogniton, spirit contact, and out of body/ astral projection experiences.

Although, I'm now diametrically opposed to Xtianity because of my involvement and beliefs in the occult and metaphysics . . . I still believe that beliefs have power and make whatever doctrine you believe in to be true.

10. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    This is a very good question and believe it or not the answer is not complicated at all. The fact of the matter is, that faith alone in a higher being no matter who or what you call it/him/her, is the actuall healer of all things. Its actually within us, so no matter what you believe, if you believe it hard enough it manifests itself through miracles,healings"sightings" or whatever...its faith that heals and faith alone regardless of if that faith is in Jesus, Allah, Buddah or a tree on the side walk...