Black Spirituality Religion : "Christian terrorism"

Ecks

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 4, 2013
Peace Brothers & Sisters ("Brothers & Sisters" to all who are Black,)

I came across this link about "Christian terrorism:" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism . As I have heard the term "Islamic terrorism" thrown around very much in Western media, do you think that it is fair or accurate to call the groups that are mentioned at the link "Christian terrorists?"

Peace & Love,
Bro. Ecks

(PS: I want to say, ONLY FOR THE RECORD, that if you have ever heard me talk about my faith in Min. Louis Farrakhan & the Nation of Islam as a non-member of the Nation of Islam, I want to say that I am still a non-member of the NOI and I am no longer a believer in him and them. Peace.)

The extreme right-wing is typically Christian in the West.

There are plenty of news outlets that report on things like this but their religion never gets to be the sticking point it does in the longer narrative that gets woven over time. In other countries, it fares a bit better in terms of how it gets called out.

I think it's completely fair to label them as such because it's accurate, and their ideology includes their religion. I think we'd be better off as a society if it was something that happened more often. If it only ends up demonstrating to people that religious extremism doesn't just belong to the out-group/others I would consider that a net gain.

Examples:

The Norway Shooter:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anders_Behring_Breivik

A political hate-party of fascists in Greece Golden Dawn attacking a theater (they're no strangers to violence and politics and have done worse):
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/oct/12/greece-fascists-beating-people-police

We go to war and bloodshed over religion, from the Mideast to Belfast, Ireland in the past, to inter-religious disputes right here in the US. I've been in an ongoing debate with a right-wing Christian who blames the left and Democrats for all that is wrong, calling them atheists, and who trashes Muslims for all our international problems. He hardly sounds genuinely Christian to me.
So I dispute with him, and also send news items which he does, too, which generally portray all Muslims as wicked Jihadists out to "get us."
I posted a Huffington Post story on which reported, "Churches in Central African Republic are caring for thousands of Muslims who have been trapped in a cycle of revenge attacks, perpetrated by a pro-Christian militia. Since December, Anti-Balaka militias have been emptying Muslim quarters and avenging earlier attacks by the Seleka, an Islamist militia. The Seleka rampaged through the country in early 2013, terrorizing Christians and ransacking churches, hospitals and shops."
My point: to show Christians, unlike this guy, having compassion for Muslims.
Then I followed that post with a closer story here in California, of Muslims showing compassion for Christians. THEN THIS BEAUTIFUL STORY:

April 8, 2012
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento mosque broke religious barriers today when, for the first time, it allowed a Christian congregation inside to hold Easter services.

Spiritual Life Center lost its lease one week ago, leaving it parishioners without a place to worship for Easter. That’s when Salam Community Center on College Oak Drive offered its mosque to the Christian church.

“I mean, we saw the opportunity to help them,”said mosque spokesman Adnan Syed. Traditionally, non-Muslim churches are not allowed to hold meetings inside mosques.

Spiritual Life’s reverend, Michael Moran, called it history in the making.
“My heart is filled with generosity for the Muslim community to allow us to meet here today on Easter,” said Taylor Moran, a parishioner.

EXAMPLES OF LOVE FROM DIFFERENT FAITHS....TO EACH OTHER!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back