Black Christians : Christian Discernment

Discernment is such a wonderful gift. Not everyone can differentiate the voices which speak to us from above (God), without (peers) and below (satan).

That being your case...I'm CLEAR that my "voices" come from WITHIN....NOT...
"from above"....

Yes I can differentiate sugar from ish and that is the purpose of my Spiritual Gift....

M.E.
:hearts2:

Listen Sis, In all respect for your convictions, I respect Paul better than I do any Christian today". Why so? Because in the Bible he admitted that he "lied about God and he admitted that he used guile and craftiness to catch the people". In other words, I can respect someone who admits that they used deception to get the people. The people do not practice Christianity, they supposedly practice Paulanism. Furthermore since the Bible says that Jesus was hanged on a tree, why isn't anyone wearing trees around their neck which is how they always been killing black men?...and since I can document, which I will on my website that what you claim to practice goes back over 10,000 years, how do you call it Christianity when it was never that until called that by our oppressor?

That being your case...I'm CLEAR that my "voices" come from WITHIN....NOT...
"from above"....

Yes I can differentiate sugar from ish and that is the purpose of my Spiritual Gift....

M.E.

Well, of course, that is MY "case," True. I hold to Christianity and I posted this in the Christian forum. The title of this thread is "Christian Discernment." So, of course, my view would be from a Christian standpoint/teaching.

Please tell me if I am perceiving your tone incorrectly....Even though you are not, now, Christian, you posted here to tell me of your previous spiritual gift "assessments" within the Christian church. But, when I responded from a Christian viewpoint of "discernment," you returned to stress your present convictions about the spiritual gift.

So, how did my motive for this thread and your motive for responding to it come to clash here?

And, yes, I, too, can tell "sugar from ish." Truly, that is the crux of "discernment."

1 Cor 2:15 (KJV) But he that is spiritual judgeth all things...

Mat 7:1 (KJV) "Judge not, that ye be not judged..."

F.F. Bruce: "Judgment is an ambiguous word, in Greek as in English: it may mean sitting in judgment on people (or even condemning them), or it may mean exercising a proper discrimination. In the former sense judgment is depreciated; in the latter sense it is recommended."

NIV Study Notes: The Christian is not to judge hypocritically or self-righteously, as can be seen from the context. [But] Scripture repeatedly exhorts believers to evaluate carefully and choose between good and bad people and things. The Christian is to "test everything":
1 Thes 5:21 (Phi) "By all means use your judgment, and hold on to whatever is good."

A.W. Tozer: "Among the gifts of the Spirit scarcely one is of greater practical usefulness than the gift of discernment. This gift should be highly valued and frankly sought as being almost indispensable in these critical times. This gift will enable us to distinguish the chaff from the wheat and to divide the manifestations of the flesh from the operations of the Spirit."

For clarity, let's use the word discern for the judgment that God encourages, and criticize for inappropriate judgments....

It is important that we judge things properly, or discern.... Discernment by outward appearances, out of ignorance, confusing cause and effect, symptom with problem, can be devastating--even with the best of intents.
http://www.acts17-11.com/discern.html

Well, of course, that is MY "case," True. I hold to Christianity and I posted this in the Christian forum. The title of this thread is "Christian Discernment." So, of course, my view would be from a Christian standpoint/teaching.

Please tell me if I am perceiving your tone incorrectly....Even though you are not, now, Christian, you posted here to tell me of your previous spiritual gift "assessments" within the Christian church. But, when I responded from a Christian viewpoint of "discernment," you returned to stress your present convictions about the spiritual gift.

So, how did my motive for this thread and your motive for responding to it come to clash here?

And, yes, I, too, can tell "sugar from ish." Truly, that is the crux of "discernment."

discernment is not limited to "christians". I think the title is misleading as it creates the illusion that the gift of discernment is indicative of 'christ ianity'

is "christian discernment" different than any other type of discernment for you:?:

i just posted cause i felt like responding. i was reminded of a particular time in my life:em0100:

is that a problem:?:

how are you perceiving my tone:?: i just want to be CLEAR in my communications

M.E.

discernment is not limited to "christians". I think the title is misleading as it creates the illusion that the gift of discernment is indicative of 'christ ianity'

is "christian discernment" different than any other type of discernment for you:?:

i just posted cause i felt like responding. i was reminded of a particular time in my life:em0100:

is that a problem:?:

how are you perceiving my tone:?: i just want to be CLEAR in my communications

M.E.

Well, that's why I asked so I wouldn't assume what your intent was.

I responded to your post from a Christian viewpoint. Yes, I thought I detected a bit of a defensive tone in your reply to me in that you were steadfastly separating your beliefs from mine.

However, surely, by now, you and I both know where each of us stand in our respective spiritual beliefs. So, I thought your tone was defensive.

But, if my "discernment" was off kilter there, I do apologize.

Also, you say you think the title is "misleading. "However, I wasn't intimating that discernment is restricted to Christianity, but the thread is specifying what it is within and to Christianity.

So, how could it be "misleading" when it is posted in a forum set aside for the "Study" of Christianity? Everything I post here pertains to Christianity and its tenets/teachings and "discernment" is one of them.

Denotatively, DISCERN means:

–verb (used with object)
1. to perceive by the sight or some other sense or by the intellect; see, recognize, or apprehend: They discerned a sail on the horizon.
2. to distinguish mentally; recognize as distinct or different; discriminate: He is incapable of discerning right from wrong.
–verb (used without object)
3. to distinguish or discriminate.
http://dictionary.reference.com/dic?q=denotative&search=search

But, again, this thread is speaking to spiritual discernment in Christianity. So, I just don't see how the topic nor my intent can be seen as "misleading."

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back