I wish I could take credit for these devotionals
but they are not my own writings. They are
devotionals that I receive from Christian
forums, websites, and the chaplains at the
Hospital System that I work for.

God's continual blessings to you ! :grouphug:

Faith Is Action

Hebrews 11:6-10

Christians have the capacity to believe God for far more than we are typically willing to ask Him to do. Instead of demonstrating a solid conviction of His faithfulness, we often act out of a weak, halfhearted belief. The Lord is waiting for uncertain believers to come to Him in complete trust. The people living the richest spiritual lives are those who anticipate the Lord doing great things--they exercise the gift of faith.

Exercising faith cannot be passive. Notice that an action word follows every mention of faith in Hebrews 11 (prepared, obeyed, and lived). Instead of folding hands and waiting for God to do something, believers need to get busy. Our first responsibility is to go before the Lord with our petition, sometimes more than once. Then, we must consciously decide to trust Him for an answer and wait with assurance and anticipation that He will follow through on His promises.

God did amazing feats through the lives of the Hebrews 11 men and women. As believers, we have the same potential for Him to work powerfully in and through us. Of course, the Father does not ask us to tackle more than we can handle. Start today by giving Him the small anxieties that plague you. Or ask God for one change you want Him to make in your life.

Like an under-used muscle, faith might at times become flabby, but by putting it into action, believers can build a strong, tough trust. As our assurance builds, we believe the Lord for progressively greater things. In return, He will use us in ways we never imagined.

www.charlesstanleyinstitute.com

Stages of Our Christian Life

2 Peter 3:14-18

Just like us, the early church faced many trials and heartaches. Persecution of Christians was ever on the increase. In writing to the churches, Peter admonished believers to be diligent in their faith and secure in the peace of God. But how can we be peaceful in restless times? And how can we remain hopeful when injustice is increasing?

The answer is found by looking at the object of your affection. What gets most of your attention? If your mental focus is set on the difficulty of your circumstances, then more than likely you will struggle with maintaining a good attitude and an awareness of God's presence. But if your attention is centered on Christ and the promises He provides in His Word, then you will experience a residing peace that lingers deep inside.

Perhaps your life has gotten off course. You find yourself complaining to God and wishing you were in a different set of circumstances. God has a plan for you right where you are.

The Christian life is a process. We learn as we grow through life's difficulties, and God uses each one to teach us more about His faithful love and care. If you have drifted in your devotion toward Him, go to Him in prayer and confess your wayward attitude. Then ask Him to restore the sweetness and joy of the fellowship you once shared with Him.

Building a Faith Foundation

Lamentations 3:21-23

This week, we have been examining the nature of faith. But on what must we build a strong faith in the Lord? Let's look at seven key stones in the foundation:

1. God is. Faith must be built around the simple confession that the Lord is real--that He exists and is indeed God.

2. God is love. Not only is God real, but He is intimately concerned with your life and wants to engage in a relationship with you.

3. God is just. You never have to wonder whether or not the Lord will treat you fairly. His justice is absolutely perfect--even when He pours out His loving discipline.

4. God is all-knowing. He knows your heart, your pain, and your questions. You cannot shock or surprise Him.

5. God is everywhere. You never have to wonder where He is; in truth, you cannot escape Him. Wherever you are, whatever you're doing, He is right by your side.

6. God is all-powerful. There is nothing greater than God. No matter how enormous the challenges and heartaches in your life seem to be, you can overcome them in His power.

7. God is faithful. That is, He is utterly and completely dependable. Because of this last key stone, God's children know that they can always count on Him for the others. No matter how far you stray, He remains at your side. Regardless of what you have done, He will always welcome you home.

Use the above list as a prayer guide, recognizing each one of these characteristics of God and offering your faith as a sacrifice today.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on $$RICH$$'s profile.
$$RUCH. SO COOL.VBRO. WHAT MY bornday. Again. Destee. June. U didn't call. Phone me. I'm loosingbit. In my dopamine euphoria. None stop. I send my new pic. Noylt. Me. That guy. Wears 1x. I wear.b3x. Ok love Destee Fam. Errors I don't care ok. Love
Destee wrote on MANASIAC's profile.
I saw you ... :yaay: ... Welcome Home! ... :flowers:
Back