Black Spirituality Religion : Christian Devotionals

In His Eyes, Part 1 - Girlfriends in God - April 22, 2014
Mary Southerland

God can set you free to be all He created you to be.

A healthy self-image is not rooted in pride, and it does not exalt self above others. In Romans 12:3, Paul clearly says, “Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.” Be realistic in your opinion of yourself. Success comes when we learn to accept God’s evaluation instead of our own, when we give Him permission to make us what He created to be, and when we begin to understand who we are in His eyes. How? Let’s look at six steps we can take to understand who we are in the eyes of God.

Step one: Check the label.

I love a good sale, don’t you? In fact, a 75% off tag may very well be a sign from God. (I’m still trying to convince my husband.) I have also learned that you can save money in the long run if you check the label. Let me explain.

We needed a new sofa – desperately. It had to be a certain color and style and fit my limited budget. I headed for the nearest furniture outlet, where I narrowed my selection down to two sofas. Both were on sale, and both would work in our home. I saw the salesman coming. Before he could say a word, I asked, “Which one of these sofas would you tell your wife to buy?” The man immediately pointed to one of the sofas and said, “Definitely that one.” When I asked why he had chosen that particular sofa, he replied, “Check the label. A company known for its quality work makes it. The other sofa is a cheap imitation.”

We can judge a product’s potential and value by looking at the one who created it.

God does not make cheap imitations of anything.

You are valuable simply because you were created by the hand of God. His design of you, and His plan for your life is second to none. He paid the highest price that could be paid – for you. To cower or crawl in inferiority is to say to God, “You made a mistake when you made me.” God doesn’t make mistakes, girlfriend. He never has to say, “Oops!” We were created in His likeness, and we are valuable to God. God knows your name. He loves you. You are His masterpiece and have been validated by God Himself. Wow! That is quite a label!

Step two: Embrace the plan.

While painting in the city park, an artist spotted a beggar sitting across the path from where he was working. Thinking of God’s handiwork in every human being, the artist painted the man as he imagined he could be. He then called the beggar to see the painting. “Is that me?’ the beggar asked. “That is the way I see you,” replied the artist. The beggar stared at the painting. With tears in his eyes he said, “If that’s the man you see in me, then that’s the man I will be!”

God created you in response to a unique plan He has for your life. You can discover that plan by reading the Bible, God’s instruction manual for your life. The Bible is powerful and will allow us to understand who we are in God’s eyes - when we consistently read, memorize, and apply it in our daily lives.

In my next devotion, we will look at four more steps we can take to understand who we are in Christ as we learn to recognize our value in His eyes. Don’t miss it!

Let’s Pray

Father, thank You for life and the special plan You have for me. Honestly, it is hard for me to understand and really believe that I am special to You. To think that You know me and love me just as I am really rocks my world, but I do want to see myself through Your eyes – no more and no less. Please help me.

In Jesus’ name,

Amen.

http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/girlfriends/

Send Judah First
Judah means PRAISE.

Judah means “praise”, or “to praise”.

Gen 29:35 (NIV) She conceived again, and when she gave birth to a son she said, “This time I will praise the Lord.” So she named him Judah…

Judah was the first tribe to go into the land and begin to drive out the Canaanites.

Judges 1:1-2
Now after the death of Joshua it came to pass, that the children of Israel asked the Lord, saying, Who shall go up for us against the Canaanites FIRST, to fight against them?
And the Lord said, JUDAH shall GO UP: behold, I have delivered the land into his hand.

Judges 20:18
And the children of Israel arose, and went up to the house of God, and asked counsel of God, and said, Which of us shall go up first to the battle against the children of Benjamin? And the Lord said, JUDAH shall go up FIRST.

God gave Israel the strategy of SENDING JUDAH FIRST. Praise is powerful, and opens the way for many victories.

This is a part of God’s divine order. Praise goes first. Praise is a priority.

The word “Judah” means “praise.” Interestingly, when the children of Israel went into battle against that supposedly impregnable city, Jericho, they sent the praise and worship teams first (priests blowing the trumpets). Whenever the children of Israel moved their camp in the wilderness, they were to commence the move with the tribe of Judah going first (Numbers 2:9). (Stone Kingdom Ministries)

http://www.johneckhardtministries.com/2014/04/send-judah-first/

http://www.drchandragill.com/

JANUARY 1, 2014
DRGILL in BLACKADEMICALLY BLOGGING!
Blackademically Blogging: With so much talk about winning for this new year, I wanna discuss the value in Losing...Because they oddly go together. In biblical terms, Jesus had to Lose His life, Moses Lost his comfort and Job just flat out Lost it all. Whereas its great to talk about what they ended up being and doing, truth is they Lost a lot to get there. So are you willing and ready to Lose too? Scripture constantly co-signs the inevitability of Loss to achieve greatness, but many of us still question it in our own lives. We ask "why us" when God is showing His "What" to us. (Insert:pause!) He's showing us via every Loss, "what" to do and "what" to accept per His Divine Order. So here's the point: "What" God is saying is, there's some value in Losing and perhaps we need to experience a few more Losses as to learn how to truly Lose to gain. Hmmm, don't feel that? Well, haven't you already resolved to finally Lose the weight, Lose the laziness, Lose the toxic relationships(for once and for all), Lose the profane, Lose the excuses and Lose the habits that keep you in sin? Well, if so, we need to then associate our overall success with Losing...and not just winning. Doesn't sound right to many "what" God does and "why" it happens to us but lemme tell you this: I am who I am because somebody chose to Lose their life so that I may live mine....! So uhhhhh, Are You Ready to Lose (for God's gain) in 2014! #DeeperUnderstanding #NotSurfaceThinkingfor2014 #NotTheLosingYouKnow #Pray4theStrengthToLose

VBS 2014: Are You Connected?

About The Jesus Connection … what a friend

Welcome to The Jesus Connection … what a friend Vacation Bible School Program. ARE YOU CONNECTED? Be a part of the Jesus Connection Academy (or JCA) as we explore God’s Word through print, online and through social media as we learn character building qualities that teach us how to live in fellowship with Jesus. To live in fellowship is to have a real time connection with Jesus because when you are connected to Jesus, you want to live like Him. Through the Jesus Connection program, we’re certain your students will obtain a scripturally sound education that will last a lifetime. There is never any down time or slow access to Jesus so this connection will last forever! It’s a connection for eternity that will build and enhance the spiritual qualities needed to live today.

The theme scripture is, 1 Corinthians 1:9, “God … invited you into this wonderful friendship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.” This verse is a part of the Apostle Paul’s opening remarks in his letter to the church in Corinth. The word fellowship connotes a close intimate relationship with Jesus. God blessed the Corinthians with the many gifts they enjoyed not because they were so deserving or holy, but because God is faithful. God has called them into “fellowship” and has therefore equipped them so their testimony may be “confirmed,” or established until Jesus returns.

.......cont....http://urbanministries.com/vbs2014/

Paying Attention
Thursday, May 15th, 2014

Read Colossians 3:12-17

View the May-June, 2014 Issue
[God] has said, “I will never leave you or forsake you.”

- Hebrews 13:5 (NRSV)

My friend told me that some recent repair work in her apartment block required that the electricians turn off the power. She said that she quickly realized how many conveniences she took for granted. The lack of power made everyday tasks impossible: no light, no television, no washing machine, no refrigerator/freezer. She couldn’t cook food or boil a kettle of water or work on the computer or listen to music. Her family’s life was paralyzed. When the electricity finally came back on, happiness reigned! Something similar seems to happen in the way we regard God’s gifts; we take them for granted: air, water, sunlight, the changing of the seasons, birdsongs, flowers, food, a roof over our heads, health, a good mood. How often we delight in all these and more — forgetting to thank God, who sends us these blessings. May an unending hymn of praise sound in our hearts to God — the giver of all good things!

www.upperroom.org

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back