Black Spirituality Religion : Christian Devotionals

Jan. 10, 2014
Going Through? There Is Grace For That

God never said life would always be easy, but He did say He would not leave us comfortless or by ourselves in the midst of storms. If you are in a rough space today, there is grace available
to you.

Earlier, I was walking outdoors when, suddenly, my foot slipped out from under me.

Down I went.
“Oh boy, I’m gonna pay for that,” I told my husband Kenya as he helped me up out of the
snow.

It happened so fast, I couldn’t even break the fall.

Ouch.

My left hip took the brunt of it.

Well, as I regained my stability, I instantly felt throbbing pain and knew I would be feeling the impact of that tumble well beyond that moment.
....I’ll likely be sore, but thankfully I’m alright. My last bad fall landed me in the ER with a broken left wrist, so it could have been a lot worse.
The thing about falling is, usually, your body has very little time to react. That’s what’s so disconcerting. Before your brain can even catch up to what’s happening, you’re already going down. And without the proper time to respond, there is nothing you can do except deal with the effects of the fall.

You sort of get up and walk—sometimes limp—away, assessing the damage based on the intensity of the aching.

Whether you end up badly hurt or just a touch achy, either way, there is nothing that can be done about it. You have to hop on up, brush off, and keep on trucking.

The same is true of life.

Things happen.

Sometimes, you get knocked off your feet by bad news. The storms of life have a way of blowing you over and hitting you hardest when you least expect it. Day to day, you can’t know for sure what awaits you.

So the best thing to do is what I did today.

Regroup, stand erect and push forward.

That doesn’t mean you won’t hurt.

I wish I could tell you that, but it wouldn’t be true.

The fact remains, some trials are difficult. When the rug gets snatched from under you, at times, you feel heartache, heartbreak, sadness, loneliness and discouragement. Despite your willingness to dust yourself off and go on, there will be moments when you will still feel the impact of what happened.

But don’t let it stop you.

If you have to walk with a limp, then hobble on. If you have to cry at night, go ahead and release it. But the next day, arise and carry on.

I don’t know about you, but there have been extended periods of time when I have had to carry out my duties in life with a heavy heart. I would be wiping tears before walking out the door to face the world.

There have been seasons when I was going through so much, while grappling with a plethora of emotions, and still had to function as if everything were normal. The world didn’t stop because I was going through.

It took everything in me to put one foot in front of the other.

Thank God for His grace that carried me through.

That same grace is available to you also.

To remind of this, I’m stirring 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
NIV into your cup of inspiration. It says, “But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.’”
As you drink down the contents of your cup, you will be reminded that for every weakness, difficulty, hardship and infirmity, there is grace

If you refuse to quit and choose to lean on God, He’ll help you through it all.

He’ll keep you going. He’ll lift your head and soothe your soul. He will comfort you until it doesn’t hurt anymore.
And in those time when it feels unbearable, He will bear the burdens for you.You can make it because of God’s grace.

It's there for you.

Tap into it.

Now let’s pray.

http://www.empoweringeverydaywomen.com/dc-jan10-Gods-Grace-Is-Sufficient.html

Stress and African Americans: A Daily Devotion
By Dr. Tracy Scott

A little knowledge about stress and its effect on health benefits everyone. It is estimated by the American Institute of Stress, that 75% to 90% of all doctor’s visits are caused by reactions to stress.

Stress poses a profound difficulty for everyone....

The everyday struggle of dealing with prejudice also contributes to the high and potentially deadly levels of stress in the African American community. With the challenges of poverty, discrimination, injustice, poor choices, etc., the quality of life for African Americans both male and female encourages an ongoing and constant schizophrenic mind set of anger and assimilation that many experts believe is a primary reason for the increased death rates among the African Americans....

Daily Devotion

Sunday: Read and meditate on Matthew 11:28

Monday: Learn to realize that all stress is not bad. Read John 16: 19-28 and Isaiah 55:1-3

Tuesday: Strive to be patient with yourself. Read Romans 12:12 and II Timothy

Wednesday: Change your faulty beliefs. Read Matthew 6: 25-34. Remember 40% of the
things people worry about never happen

Thursday: Learn to relax. Read Psalms 23&123 and Hebrews 4:4 over and over again
while listening to Christian/Gospel music at least 15-20 minutes a day

Friday: Take a grace inventory. Remind yourself of what God has done in your life.
Read Philippians 1:6, 4:4; 4:6 and 4:19

Saturday: Develop a sense of humor. Learn to control what you can and what you cannot. Read Proverbs 31:25; Psalms 37:13 and II Corinthians 7:4

For more information about Healthy Living Seminars, visit us on the web atwww.healthylivingseminars.org or call us 1-888-805-6616

Songs from Heaven (Nataph)
Heaven Drops

Psalm 68:8
The earth shook, the heavens also dropped at the presence of God: even Sinai itself was moved at the presence of God, the God of Israel.

Dropped is the Hebrew word Nataph meaning to drop, drip, distill, distill gradually, prophesy, preach, discourse, to drop (prophecy) drip, to ooze.

The Lord drops his prophetic word. This word drops from heaven. This is the result of the presence of the Lord.
This happens during worship. God inhabits the praises of his people. The presence of the Lord will manifest as a result of praise. The presence of God causes us to worship. Worship is our response to his presence.

God drops the prophetic song. The singers can sing prophetically as a result of NATAPH. These are songs from heaven. Thy are dropped from heaven. These songs can drop on anyone in the congregation.

Another Hebrew word translated “prophet” shows that prophets speak what they hear from God (or today from the Lord Jesus), and they do not speak on their own. The Hebrew word nataph, sometimes translated “prophet,” means “to drop, drip, or distill.” Its uses include rain distilling and dripping from the sky, words that “drop” out of someone’s mouth, and wine dripping from the mountains in Paradise. Although prophets are called upon to “drop” words where and when God demands, the more obvious thing we learn from nataph is that God drops His words upon the prophet. It means, as Strong’s Concordance says, “to speak by inspiration.” This means that the message the prophet brings is not his own message, but the Lord’s words, and furthermore it implies that many times the prophet may not know much of the message when he starts prophesying, but that the words “drop” upon him, i.e., he speaks them as he gets them from God.

This dropping cause us to sing inspired songs. Songs of inspiration are prophetic songs. The singer is inspired by God to sing a new song. Churches must allow God to drop these songs during worship. We should not QUENCH the manifestation of the Spirit.

1 Thessalonians 5:19
Quench not the Spirit.

This form of singing develops gradually as we ascend in worship. Nataph means to “distill gradually”
This form of prophecy ‘distills gradually’. The Hebrew word nataph means a forming, developing word, like ruminating on food. This form of prophetic utterance is slow to develop and comes like the dawn. It is possible to write such inspiration down and deliver it. An example of this is found in Job, “After I had spoken, they spoke no more; my utterance fell gently on their ears” (Job 29:22). As he spoke, they had unfolding revelation or understanding of God’s word to them. (Robert I Holmes)
to distill means to appear slowly and in small quantities at a time. This cannot be rushed. It will take some time for these songs to be released. It will take some quality time in worship.

The prophet’s words often revealed the gentle heart of God, their words “distilled and dropped like dew and gentle rain;” “nataph;” 5179, Strong says “nataph,” means; “to ooze, i.e. distil gradually; by implication, to fall in drops; and figuratively, to speak by inspiration: drop, prophesy.” This word not only shows the gentle side and nature of prophecy; it also reveals that prophecy can come slowly, bit by bit, with pauses, short or long, between the parts of each complete revelation. (Hebrew words for Prophets and Seers)

Nataph means to ooze. Ooze means to progress slowly but steadily. Nataph was one of the spices used in the anointing oil, STACTE. The Hebrew word for this spice is “nataph” which means a “drop.” Further study reveals that it is a gum rosin that oozes from the bark of the tree, and is used as an expectorant.

http://www.johneckhardtministries.com/2014/02/songs-heaven-nataph/

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

It's a lot going on and I know I have not been here for a long time but it is about to change.
Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Back