Black People : Christian *Coons*...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by ShemsiEnTehuti, Mar 20, 2007.

1. ShemsiEnTehuti

ShemsiEnTehuti Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +32

This man, Pastor Manning, is a coon. White people didn't fight to free African people. They fought for the Union. The issue was always that the South wielded more political and economic power than the North because of the vast numbers of enslaved Africans resident in their territories. This man is a disgrace and shows why our communities are suffering because we have this venom at the heart of Diasporic African communities all throughout America.

2. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    This is what is called white wine in a brown bottle.

He knows how many white men died but says nothing about how many Black men died before, during and after the Civil war. He is the most ill-informed speaker I have ever had the displeasure to listen to.

Maybe he is not alone in his thinking. Maybe there are others who need to know the truth . Lincoln made it crystal clear that he did not care if the slaves were freed as long as the union was held together. He didn't free all the slaves. His Emanicipation Proclamation only freed the slaves in the rebel states in order to entice them to join the Union army just like we joined the British army when the governor of Virginia promised us freedom after George Wahington banned us fromhis army.

I still find it hard to believe that a Black man would actually get up and teach this garbage. He is too articulate to be unschooled. But he was schooled in the classrooms of his slave masta.

3. ShemsiEnTehuti

ShemsiEnTehuti Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +32
    You are right on the money...here is an excerpt of President Lincoln's letter to Horace Greeley on his sole intentions about slavery:

"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union..."
    ~http://showcase.netins.net/web/creative/lincoln/speeches/greeley.htm

4. Chucky

Chucky Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Here is another example of a christian Sambo with his espousing of the white man's religion, worshiping his white God attempting to seek acceptance of masta by acknowledging those devils who died in the civil war. Wake up! The civil war had nothing to do with freeing Black people.

5. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    Yes, the speaker was terribly misinformed.

No, the civil war didn't start to free slaves.

Lincoln was never an abolitionist, not in the sense of a Fredrick Douglass.

However, Abraham Lincoln was a complex man whose tactical manipulations on the issue of slavery evolved over the years.

He consistently is on record 20 years prior to the civil war espousing slavery as a moral evil that should be contained (as in not expanded), and eventually eliminated.

He did not view blacks as "equal" to whites, but he considered them "men", and thus entitled to be treated as such by the constitutional framework of america.

This was a RADICAL view in mid-19th century america, and the fact that someone with such views was elected president WAS the primary reason the south to finalize its secession.

Above all lincoln was a politician, so he had to say the right things at the right times, carefully considering how far he could push outside of public sentiment and still achieve his goals.

One cannot take a single quote from one letter and from it surmise the full essence of his opinions.

If you look at the body of his work, and you look at the end result of his actions, I think it is clear, as white folks go, lincoln was among their better examples of moral fortitude.

It is short-sighted to assume the plight of black folks in this country did not dramatically change with lincoln having prevailed over davis.

Check this lecture out, it gives pretty good balance while presenting the historical context of lincoln's evolving philosohpy:http://britac.studyserve.com/home/Lecture.asp?ContentContainerID=88

Disregard the title "Great Emancipator", the speaker is very nuanced and points out the flaws in the emancipation proclamation but also gives good background on its ultimate effect and some implications for 19th century black people.

6. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    thanks for the clip

and i thought comedycentral.com had funny stuff

not to take away from the point of 400,000 white man dying, just i doubt they died trying to free slave so "slaves" can have a better life

hahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

7. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    To me the more crucial point on this thread is the title.

Sure, the speaker is lacking.

But it doesn't seem consistent to refer to black people as "coons" on one day but complain about proliferation of the "N word" on another.

8. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    excellent point

excellent point

9. We

We Well-Known Member MEMBER

Nationbuilding
    Ratings:
    +11
    Miseducation. PERIOD.

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Brother Kemetkind ... i agree.

Yes, the Brother's presentation is lacking ... repeating what he's been given ... but he is still a Brother ... still a Black Man.

The fact that we so quickly call each other out of our names, coons and sambos, is a disgrace as well, and contributes to the suffering in our communities. It provides no good or useful example for the youth coming behind any of us.

We are so quick to disrespect our own ... when this type of interaction comes from the "most knowledgeable of us" ... it is even more frightening than what he is doing ... for the most knowledgeable are fully aware that we've all been bamboozled, hoodwinked, and led astray ... while pointing at one or two that manifest such conditioning ... when in reality ... we've all manifested it, at one time or another.

To call each other out of our names, repeating foolishness (words) created to destroy us, we perpetuate the conditioning.

It makes us wrong too ... one tearing down one side, while the rest tear down the other.

They got us working all sides, against ourselves ... and we willingly participate in it.

:heart:

Destee