Black People : Christian Backers of Israel Reach Out to Blacks

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by RAPTOR, Oct 20, 2011.

1. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,095
    AIPAC Also Looks for More Support Among African-Americans

By Nathan Guttman

Once known for their work together on civil rights, African Americans and Jews have experienced decades of contention over a range of issues since the 1960s. But now, some in the pro-Israel community see an opportunity to reconstitute a black-Jewish alliance centered on Israel.

With the coming of age of a new generation of black religious and social leaders, pro-Israel advocacy groups are reaching out to enroll African Americans in support of Israel, often in a religious setting.

Christians United for Israel, the largest non-Jewish, pro-Israel organization in the United States, has scheduled two October events in New York intended to highlight the group’s increased outreach to African-American evangelicals who hold positive views of the Jewish state. The American Israel Public Affairs Committee, the

pro-Israel Washington lobby, is conducting a similar effort, aimed primarily at African-American student leaders. The outreach efforts represent the possibility of a new chapter in relations between Jews and the African-American community, one in which the factor uniting both sides is support for Israel, not a joint struggle for civil rights.

“The biblical argument is our first and strongest motivation for supporting Israel, but the next motivation should be this joint history,” said Michael Stevens, CUFI’s coordinator of African-American outreach. Stevens believes that in CUFI, which is a mostly evangelical group with some participation of other Christian denominations, African-American churchgoers can find a voice for sentiments they already harbor toward Israel.

“I firmly believe that Dr. Martin Luther King was a strong African-American Zionist,” Stevens said in an October 10 interview with the Forward, “but I think nine out of 10 African Americans don’t know that.”

Stevens, who is the founder and senior pastor of the University City Church in Charlotte, N.C., described his aim in straightforward religious terms. His mission, the pastor said, is to remind the African-American community about its pro-Zionist core belief, which stems from God’s biblical promise to “bless those who bless Israel.”

Read more: http://www.forward.com/articles/144558/#ixzz1bKo9pQ6L

2. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    This is some B.S. as usual. Before Israel...aka. white people who adopted the religion of Judaism to escape the Christian and Islamic crusades reach out to our people over here (which is obviously political), they need to reach out to the Jews in Ethiopia and other parts of Afraka. Furthermore, since the land that they have was illegally taken from the Palestinians in 1948 and given to them, they need to get that ish straight first before they talk about getting our people mixed up in any of their dirty laundry !

3. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

All this is doing is creating more confusion and smoke for the criminals to keep getting away with murdering anyone who poses a threat to Israel. Look at the one black leaders name that they throw out there to put an emotional attatchment to their efforts, Dr. King!

This is the same ol'e game they first played when they marched with us back in the 60's and as soon as they got want they wanted, they bounced and joined in on the oppressing.

Israel is trying to wash the blood off her hands and dry them on our backs.....

- He wants us to bow down to the false state of Israel by mis-using what the bible actually meant? Israel in the scriptures was the name of a person not a state. This is the same scripture they always use when they want their way. They used it in 1948 to falsley take over the state of Palestine.

- i would have had more respect for the guys words if he would have just come straight out and called us stupid. :eek:

4. largo

largo Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +286
    They have no blood ties to those biblical personages and they know that. They are converts to a religion, a messiah they don't believe in spoke against. And everything Keita Kenyatta said.

5. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    What!? Ain't that some crap!

6. blackeyes

blackeyes Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +449
    lol that's what my granny used to always say...and "pray for Israel"
    I wonder if this Blk v. Jew beef is regional?
    I am from Jesus-Land I don't know any blk folks who dislike or are suspicious of Jews anymore than other white folks...

7. Black-king

Black-king Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +720
    I hope this fool realize that the so called Jewish people funded the Atlantic slave traded, and brought the real Jews to slavery here. That's why Black peopel need to get out these pagan Christian churches because many of these pastors are agents of the devil.

8. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    whoever works hardest and most focused to influence the youth in this matter will win. They may do for zionism what they did for the Illuminati and have rappers promote it!

9. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    I hate when I hear Blacks support israel,it's like YO Dumb-A#@ there are Blacks living in Israel right now,they are treated like crap. racism is rampant in Israel. Are all jews bad apples?> of coure not,but they are white.

10. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    Why join up with a group whose cause is not our own?