Brother AACOOLDRE : Christ & the Caesars By Bruno Bauer

Discussion in 'AACOOLDRE' started by AACOOLDRE, Nov 2, 2016.

1. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +411
    CHRIST AND THE CAESARS
    By Bruno Bauer

Book review By Andre Austin, author of Lukewarm: the Temperature of Justice (www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Andre+Austin)

I must admit I made the terrible mistake of confusing Bruno Bauer, who wrote the classic Christ and the Caesars in 1877, with Giordano Bruno. The later G. Bruno was burned at the stake by the Catholic Inquisition in 1600 for advocating we return to the original or natural religion of Egypt” (Black Athena By Martin Bernal p.24).

So I’m reading Bruno Bauer thesis that the Stoic Seneca helped prepare the way for Christianity and never find his German eyes being closed. I would have never knew about Bruno Bauer without first reading about him in Joe Atwill’s Caesar’s Messiah. I’m beginning to speculate that Atwill got inspiration of his book title from Bauer. Seneca did study meteorology in Egypt and may have incorporated some of this teaching which influenced Christianity.

Bauer states: “When I first dealt with this question (see my ‘Criticism of new Testament History’, Leipzig, 1841, 2, 46-47) I pointed out already the parallel existing between Suetoniu’s imperial biographies and the historical writings of the new Testament, between the Roman’s imperial figures and the savior image of the Christians” (p.1). Bauer states that “Christianity itself is nothing more than metamorphosized Stoicism” (p.13). He cites an early Christian teacher Jerome calls Seneca outright “one of us” (p.27). Bauer goes on to claim Stoicism as “parallel contacts between the sayings of Seneca and those of the New Testament” ( p.44). So lets look at some of similarity.

First note Cynics held the view that virtue is only good and that its essence lies in self-control.

Stoics believed in controlling Hot & cold passions of sin. They wanted to be indifferent to hot cold on a physical/spiritual level as it applies to Rev 3:14-22.

“The Cynics of the first Athenian age of prosperity had already trained an apostolate of warning and conversion. There were among them house assaulters, door breakers, soul inspectors…The idea of this apostolate was still alive among the Stoic and Cynic wandering preachers of the end of the first and beginning of the second century after Christ. Arrianus writes, e.g (Epictet. Diatr. 3. 22): ‘The true Cynic is a messenger of Jupiter (Amen) sent to open the eyes of men to their errors and, with hands raised high, to exhort them to turn away from the road on which they seek their fortune in external things” ( p.26). I will combine this quote with another quote and see if I can find passages in the NT that are on the same page and flow.

In speaking of a community with aids and assistants “Seneca too tired to understand and give a form to this idea. With his intentions thus completely corresponds e.g Epicure’s saying: ‘We must select some noble man whom we have always before our eyes so that we live as if he looks at what we do, and act as if he sees it’ (Epist. 11) He finds it useful and wholesome. We need, he continues, a guard and teacher. A great number of sins are eliminated when the stumbling person has at his side a witness. The spirit must have somebody whom it reveres with an awe…the mere thought of such a helper has regulating and improving power. He is a guard, an example and a norm without which one will not restore to balance whatever is wrong…Seneca makes attempts after attempts to design the form of this new ideal. It is always on his mind, especially in the letters. He would like to understand it completely as it is and use it in his contact with the infirm” (p. 41). Plus I would add Seneca stating “He who has no control over himself can’t be a ruler and whoever can’t be guided can’t guide” (p.83).

I’m very surprised that Bauer didn’t connect the above two quotes with the theme of the infirm Paul’s eyes being blinded, the Lukewarm/Salve church in Laodicea (Rev 3:14-21), and the letters between Paul & Seneca where controlling his temper helps him see his errors.

Take a look at Rev chapter 3: 14-22 it fits something like a replica of the Stoic theme above. We have Amen (Jupiter) who is called a true witness talks about seeing two groups of people the Lukewarm is balanced between the negative deeds of Hot & Cold. Then we have the salve people who have trouble with spiritual/physical eyesight who can get a fortune in refined gold and have open doors to his kingdom if they can get their act together with good deeds.

Bruno Bauer was correct that Stoicism helped developed Christianity but he was incomplete. Christianity is like a Frankenstein body, a composite of several religions primarily that of ancient Egypt.

APPENDIX & NOTES:

Paul to Seneca & Lucilius

Concerning those things about which ye wrote to me it is not proper for me to mention anything in writing with pen and ink: the one which leaves marks, and the other evidently declares things.

[Paul may be afraid of leaving marks that will put marks on himself see my note below]

Especially since I know that there are near you, as well as me, those who will understand my meaning.

Deference is to be paid to all men, and so much the more, as they are more likely to take occasions of quarrelling.

And if we show submissive temper, we shall overcome effectually in all points, if so be they are capable of seeing and acknowledging themselves to have been wrong. Farewell”.

[This proves to my satisfaction that Seneca was a messenger and guide to Paul’s blind eyes in Acts 9:1-19 on a road. You know Seneca in Acts 9 by his first name of Ananias. Seneca would have understood this temper (temperature) as Lukewarm (healing substance for the eyes to see properly]. For more evidence see Paul and Thecla: “Paul preach the word of God concerning Temperance and the resurrection, in the following manner: Blessed are the pure in heart; for they shall see God”.

Luke is a pun for Look. So lukewarm is correct vision being free from the Temperance/Temperature of Hot & Cold.

What did the Stoic historian Pliny the Elder mean when he said “Nature has provided the eye with many thin membranes and hard outside coverings as a protection against cold and heat she cleans the eyes with moisture....” (Natural History Book 11:147).

How do these two Bible quotes below relate to Pliny and the 3rd chapter of Revelations?

“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God” (Matthew 5:8)

“Anyone who does what is evil has not seen God”. (3 John verse 12)

All of these questions will be answered to explain how Lukewarm is based on an Egyptian goddess. Lukewarm is the Temperature of justice.

Plutarch, in his essay Isis & Osiris p.83:

“Egypt, moreover, which has the blackest of soils, they call by the same name as the black portion of the eye, ‘Chemia (Ham), and compare it to a heart,; for it is warm and moist,… like the heart in a man’s left side”. The Stoic Zeno taught the breath of the soul is warm (Lives of Eminent Philosophers Volume 2 p.261 By Diogenes Laertius).

Some Bible commentaries would like for you to believe that the Laodicea church couldn’t drink cold water or take hot baths in that area. This is ridiculous and silly because those things couldn’t be classified as deeds.

2. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +411
    A Poem written to Amen in 300BC

Sia (Knowledge) is his heart,

Hu (the Word) is his lips (Jesus is The Word)

His Ka (Spirit) is everything that exist by virtue of his tongue (Compare with Rev 3:14)

His Ba (soul) is Shu, the air, his heart is Tefnut, the fire, (Jesus is the tree of Life)

He is Heru (Horus) of the double Horizon who is the sky (“Iam from above” John 8:23)

His right eye is the day, his left is the night (Light of Jesus was his eye)

He is everybody’s guide in all directions (Walk by faith not Sight-2 Cor 5:7) Ram=guide of flocks

His body is Nun”

The stoics clearly had to be influenced by poems like this to link up Jupiter (Amen) as a guide that helps them see on the road for direction.