Black Entertainment : CHRIS ROCK FILES FOR DIVORCE

Kemetstry

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Chris Rock files for divorce, splits from wife Malaak Compton-Rock after 19 years

By Shari Weiss
BBhiGoz.img
© Charles Sykes/Invision/AP Chris Rock files for divorce, splits from wife Malaak Compton-Rock after 19 years
Chris Rock and his wife Malaak Compton-Rock have split after 19 years of marriage. The news was announced in a statement she released on Sunday, Dec. 28, followed by a statement from Rock’s lawyer confirming he has filed for divorce.
“After much contemplation and 19 years of marriage, Chris and I have decided to go our separate ways,” says Compton-Rock. “Being fortunate enough to lead a life of service by working with those most vulnerable makes me well aware of life’s blessings, even when faced with difficulties.”
Comtpon-Rock continues, “While recognizing that this is a significant change, my children remain at the center of my life and their well-being is my top priority. It is in this spirit that I sincerely ask that their privacy and the privacy of our family be respected during this transition in our lives.”
Rock’s lawyer Robert S. Cohen says, “Chris Rock has filed for divorce from his wife, Malaak, This is a personal matter and Chris requests privacy as he and Malaak work through this process and focus on their family.”
Rock and Compton-Rock, the founder of the non-profit styleWorks, wed in November 1996, after meeting two years prior. They have two daughters together. Lola was born in 2002 and Zahra was born in 2004. As Gossip Cop reported, the actor recently spoke about raising his girls on “The Tonight Show,” where he amusingly gave Jimmy Fallon parenting advice.
Rock was previously rumored to be divorcing Compton-Rock back in 2006 and 2007. They later said the reports were false in a joint statement, in which they called the allegations “untrue rumors and lies.” “We remain, as always, very happy and committed to our marriage and the beautiful family that we have built,” the coupple said at the time.
Rock has spent the last few weeks on media rounds for his new film "Top Five." He wrote and directed the movie, in which he also stars.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back