Black Sports : Chris Paul and Ref... "Why Uh Uh?" Gets Technical Foul

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by UBNaturally, Feb 6, 2015.

1. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Chris Paul irked by ref's call

CLEVELAND -- The Los Angeles Clippers will be the first to admit that technical fouls didn't cost them in their 105-94 loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers on Thursday night, but after the game, they still were fuming about being T'd up five times.

[​IMG]
    All-Star point guard Chris Paul's technical came with 10:17 left in the third quarter when he tried to get the inbounds pass quickly, but instead was T'd up after questioning Lauren Holtkamp, who became the third woman to referee NBA games full time this season.

"I think we have to show better composure, but at the same time some of [the technical fouls] were ridiculous," Paul said. "The tech that I get right there was ridiculous. I don't care what nobody says, I don't care what she says; that's terrible. There's no way that can be a tech. We try to get the ball out fast every time down the court, and when we did that, she said, 'Uh-uh.' I said, 'Why, uh-uh?' And she gave me a tech.

"That's ridiculous. If that's the case, this might not be for her."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...rs-frustrated-techs-female-rookie-ref-not-her