Black People Politics : Chris Christie & The GWB Scandal

Gracious

Aug 8, 2013
Greetings Family,

Everybody's talkin' or at least has heard about this ... but just in case, here's the long & short of it & "why" we should care:
Chris Christie's Bridge Scandal, Explained

New Jersey Gov. Chris ChristieFuture-Image/ZUMA
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/01/chris-christie-bridge-traffic-jam-emails

How'd this begin?
In mid-September, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey unexpectedly closed two access lanes on the New Jersey side of the George Washington Bridge, which spans the Hudson River and serves as a major commuter route between the two states. A massive, weeklong traffic jam ensued, clogging the streets of nearby Fort Lee.
Cops and lawmakers in Fort Lee said they were given no warning about the decision to close the lanes, which delayed school buses, "first-responders", and commuters bound for New York City. The Port Authority justified its decision by saying it was conducting a "traffic study."

Why is this political?
Soon after the traffic jam, rumors emerged that the Port Authority closed the bridge lanes as political retribution against Fort Lee Mayor Mark Sokolich, a Democrat who endorsed Gov. Chris Christie's opponent in the 2013 gubernatorial campaign. As news outlets and New Jersey Democrats dug deeper into the circumstances of the bridge incident, they eventually connected the lane closures to two Port Authority officials with close ties to Christie: Bill Baroni, the deputy executive director of the agency, and David Wildstein, its director of interstate capital projects. Baroni and Wildstein have since resigned, and both men have retained criminal defense attorneys.

All along, the Christie administration had denied any connection to the decision to close the bridge lanes. In September, a Christie spokesman called the retribution claim "crazy." Christie told reporters at a December press conference that the Fort Lee traffic snarl was "absolutely, unequivocally not" a result of political score-settling.
Why should we care?
We as a Peoples & as a local/national community "should" care about this scandal because it is indicative (a picture-perfect-postcard example) of absolute power corruption ... ABSOLUTELY!!!​
This saga (like many) started because of ego & political greed, has more than likely costed New Jersey tax payers millions ... AND for what??? AND ... to me ... is a sad example of many who lead us!!!​
Please let me know your thoughts:)

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
This stink will stick, because he dogged the media about it. lmao

Gracious

Aug 8, 2013
This stink will stick, because he dogged the media about it. lmao..

Could be Kem...could be. And I think that that's why the media can't stand him!

Ya know, what got me was, in his press conference yesterday ... over & again, talkin' 'bout how "sad & innocent" he said he was (about the ahhh ... deeds of his "inner circle") ? And then, how he all of a sudden found it necessary to go to the Fort Lee Mayor & ummm ... make amends? Make amends ... now??? This scandal happened waaaay back in September. What took sooo long?

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Greetings Family,

Everybody's talkin' or at least has heard about this ... but just in case, here's the long & short of it & "why" we should care:

Why should we care?
We as a Peoples & as a local/national community "should" care about this scandal because it is indicative (a picture-perfect-postcard example) of absolute power corruption ... ABSOLUTELY!!!

This saga (like many) started because of ego & political greed, has more than likely costed New Jersey tax payers millions ... AND for what??? AND ... to me ... is a sad example of many who lead us!!!

Please let me know your thoughts:)

Are Chris Christie's problems getting worse? (+video)

Chris Christie faces a widening probe involving more close aides, more questions, and more scandals. And it's not just the press and New Jersey lawmakers in the investigation, it's also the feds.

But today’s a new dawn and for Governor Christie, the woods remain dark and deep, to mix a few metaphors. Bridgegate is not going away. Many questions remain, and top New Jersey Democrats have vowed to continue issuing subpoenas in an attempt to get answers. Christie’s troubles may be at their beginning, not their end.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/DC-Decoder/Decoder-Wire/2014/0113/Are-Chris-Christie-s-problems-getting-worse-video

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Politics,

Fallon and Springsteen Roast Chris Christie

Tuesday on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon," Jimmy and Bruce Springsteen performed another one of their classic musical duets. This time, it was a parody of "Born to Run" that made fun of New Jersey Governor Chris Christie's recent New Jersey bridge traffic scandal. Decked out in matching 80's-era Bruce attire, the two of them really went to town on the Governor – which must have been pretty hard for Christie to watch, considering he's a giant Bruce Springsteen fan, literally and figuratively!

suggested reading and video viewing:

http://tv.yahoo.com/nighttime/fallon-springsteen-roast-chris-christie-091211636.html

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
impeach a fool…….

New Jersey mayor accuses Christie of strong-arming

New York (AFP) - Republican Chris Christie, embroiled in a scandal over manufactured traffic jams in New Jersey, faced additional accusations Sunday of political strong arming that have sullied his image as a presidential contender.

The Democratic mayor of the Hoboken, New Jersey, Dawn Zimmer, accused the Republican governor of threatening to withhold money for Hurricane Sandy relief from her Democratic stronghold city unless she approved a redevelopment plan which he supported.

http://news.yahoo.com/jersey-mayor-accuses-christie-strong-arming-181343805.html

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie (C) and Mayor Dawn Zimmer (R) of Hoboken during a joint press con …

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Politics,

Olympic Icon Carl Lewis Offers Unique Political Perspective On Chris Christie

Shortly before Carl Lewis officially entered the 2011 state Senate election for New Jersey's 8th legislative district -- a Republican stronghold located in Philadelphia's outer suburbs -- Gov. Chris Christie caught wind of the decision.
The Republican governor of New Jersey then called Lewis, a Democrat and nine-time gold-medal-winning Olympian in April of 2011.
"I'm going to come after you," said Christie, according to Lewis.
The Christie administration said that a phone conversation took place but has denied that the governor tried to dissuade Lewis from running.

Despite butting heads later on, when Lewis and Christie first met at that Hall of Fame induction, they struck up a cordial relationship. It eventually led to serious discussions about a plan where they would consolidate the physical education programs of New Jersey schools, and the former Olympian would help run it.
Once Lewis entered the state Senate race, those plans were squashed. Eventually so was Lewis' candidacy.
"Mr. Lewis was disqualified -- by every court, state and federal, which he petitioned,” said Michael Drewniak, Christie's press secretary via email to ThePostGame.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/men-action/201401/carl-lewis-chris-christie-new-jersey-politics

Ken Taylor

Aug 27, 2013
Could be Kem...could be. And I think that that's why the media can't stand him!

Ya know, what got me was, in his press conference yesterday ... over & again, talkin' 'bout how "sad & innocent" he said he was (about the ahhh ... deeds of his "inner circle") ? And then, how he all of a sudden found it necessary to go to the Fort Lee Mayor & ummm ... make amends? Make amends ... now??? This scandal happened waaaay back in September. What took sooo long?
I hate to admit it but I used to think Christie was rough around the edges, but had the tenacity to govern righteously when its more expedient to bow to the winds of the political environment. This scandal has demonstrated to me that his tenacity is a tool of dirty deals and political scheming. This dude is nothing more than another Boss Hogg

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
Implementation and Sustainment
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.
It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍