Egypt : Chinese teen defaces Egypt temple; sparks outcry

What appears to be top priority is the division going on in this thread, lol. A house divided against itself will not prevail...

Clyde, I keep saying it - the black community is NOT a monolith of thought and opinion. To expect 100% agreement or consensus is a pipe dream. And totally unnecessary. Revolutions have been fought and won by a dedicated MINORITY since time immemorial. The American Revolution was fought and won by 1/3 of English colonists. 1/3 wanted independence; 1/3 wanted to stay with the British crown; 1/3 sat on the fence. Same "dedicated minority" is true for every other country, including China! In fact, look at the Civil Rights Movement. Only about 1% (that's right ONE) of blacks were actually active in that Movement, 99% sat in the comfort of their living rooms and watched them on TV. And yet, and yet, that 1% changed the world. All over the world, movements, both revolutionary and like the CRM, Reform, were inspired by the CRM. White as well as black.

Everybody will not be there at the start nor at the finish.

I have to admit that I'm a bit perplexed and somewhat hurt to have my input in this discussion described as a "rant" and perceived to be of little to no importance in the big picture of things as it relates to Afrikan people.

I tend to only enter into discussions about things I feel competent enough to speak on and that's not every thread posted.

I'm not well versed in foreign politics so I leave that discussion to those who have something to say and can speak on those matters. Doesn't mean I don't find the discussion relevant though and of great importance. Don't presume that because you don't see my rage, that I'm not internalizing what I'm reading and feel the impact of the message. If something makes sense to me, I will "Like" the person but not always post a comment.

Personally, I believe that EVERYTHING and EVERY TOPIC that is raised to shed light on the suffering of Afrikan people is a top priority. That's why I'm here and that's why I contribute when I feel I have something to say. I don't have an ego that compels me to post in every thread, but the mere fact that I'm here and keep returning means that I feel a part of this community and am, for the most part, in agreement with the issues and concerns expressed here.

I may not always agree with everyone here but I never "throw the baby out with the bath water." I try to embrace the diversity in the way Afrikan people think, recognizing that we aren't going to always agree. I work hard at being civil and respectful at all times, even when I don't agree.

I clearly asked a question here.

when African people around the world are on the verge of extinction, but where your outrage about that?

We are outraged about it, and post daily about it... problem is, we aren't organize on this Site to do anything about it. But you cannot deny the efforts to have a starting point toward Destee.com Unity:

http://www.destee.com/index.php?thr...emple-sparks-outcry.76297/page-31#post-804144

In fact, if you can drop these petty differences between us, consider this a direct invite to getting the above started, what say you?

Clyde, I keep saying it - the black community is NOT a monolith of thought and opinion. To expect 100% agreement or consensus is a pipe dream. And totally unnecessary. Revolutions have been fought and won by a dedicated MINORITY since time immemorial. The American Revolution was fought and won by 1/3 of English colonists. 1/3 wanted independence; 1/3 wanted to stay with the British crown; 1/3 sat on the fence. Same "dedicated minority" is true for every other country, including China! In fact, look at the Civil Rights Movement. Only about 1% (that's right ONE) of blacks were actually active in that Movement, 99% sat in the comfort of their living rooms and watched them on TV. And yet, and yet, that 1% changed the world. All over the world, movements, both revolutionary and like the CRM, Reform, were inspired by the CRM. White as well as black.

Everybody will not be there at the start nor at the finish.

http://www.destee.com/index.php?thr...emple-sparks-outcry.76297/page-31#post-804144

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back