Children having children

SwtT...your reaction to Destiny's remarks confuses me. Are you not pleased that she's choosing to remain a virgin for the reasons she's given? Why do you compare her to the girls you know that said what she did and turned out doing the opposite? She has admitted to being tempted, yet she hasn't succumbed to the temptation. Isn't this praise-worthy? Shouldn't we be uplifting and supporting Destiny for having made a choice and sticking to it so far? Don't you think that a woman can say one thing and actually do what she says? Don't you believe there are women who are virgins until married anymore? Am I misinterpreting what you wrote?

Not at all NNQueen. You didn't misinterpet me at all:) She just sounds typical to me. They all say the same thing and I'm sorry but sounds like a 14 year old girl looking for praise as she writes it. Like she's trying to impress someone by saying "Hey,I'm a virgin, Give me a good job sticker". Sumthing about that just....ugh I dunno NNqueen..Majority of the time, people don't do as they say but hey? I could be wrong and true, I'd be happy for Destiny IF I WAS WRONG.....but I'll be blunt and frank...I don't think she can hold out:)

Statistically speaking SwtT, you're probably right that most young women don't hold off from having sex until they're married. But I still think we shouldn't ridicule or discourage the efforts that many might make.

Sex is a natural thing and people are meant to experience it. Our bodies are designed to have sexual relations when it matures to the point when it's ready. Nature doesn't place an AGE on it, people do. Nature doesn't dictate the circumstances in which it should happen, people do. Nature doesn't judge whether it's right or wrong, people do.

For whatever reason people want to wait or not wait is their business. Who are we to judge them right or wrong. If she decides not to wait, then what are we going to do? Run behind her with a smirk on our faces taking pride in the fact that she proved someone right that she didn't wait saying "I told you so"? Will it make her a liar and a hypocrit? Watch out for those glass houses.

What if she is a 14 year old girl looking for praise? Why is that bad? As far as I'm concerned there's not nearly enough praise being meted out in our community when people deserve it. Let her wear her badge of honor, the same as you deserve yours for deciding to practice abstinence. If that's what you want to do for whatever reason you choose to do it, then you deserve praise, encouragement and recognition. Doesn't mean you're looking for it, but if others admire what you're doing, they'll praise you for it.

Go ahead and be blunt and frank in expressing your opinion as everyone should be. But I, for one, will be supportive of those that are making an effort to be the type of person that most of us find admirable, and that includes YOU.

Peace!

YAWL tawk the TAWK but do you really walk the walk I am there everyday !!!!!!!! I mentor young women not on abstinanace but on their lives I tell them its not what you do but its the choices you make. Do you see this guy as a father? SEX is SEX we all want it and crave it and we all know what good SEX IS! So why wouldn't young girls and boys crave what we all crave? It's in their face 24/7, have you really gone into the inner city and become a big brother or sister? Or you preaching from the pulpit? Kids will not respect you! You just like Granny and Momma! If you ain't in the trenches with them they don't believe a word you say! You don't have to live their lives but show that you have seen or expirenced what they going through! (The NANCY REGAN campain "JUST SAY NO TO DRUGS" yeah that worked millions of crack addicts later) Show them whats out there in the real world talk to them about choices show them examples of bad choices they watchin BET MTV and ABC thats as real as it gets! And if TV is all about SEX what do you think they gonna do? As women you must be bold enough to share your life expierences good bad and ULGY! As men we must put the bone down and alllow the babies to be the kind of women that we would want as wives! Tell them what we look for in a wife, cause they believe its the women in the videos shakin their butts and gyrating their pelvis. If you wanna have an effect on the babies having babies then you gotta picture the world from their EYES and show them whats wrong with THEIR VIEW (cause like Martin said) "YOU'VE BEEN TO THE MOUNTAIN TOP and YOU HAVE SEEN THE OTHER SIDE"

NNQueen, you have a very good point:) True tru. Bt that girl ain't 14.shes 16..................;) No real point there I m just pointing it out.....

UPTOWNE, Regina, NNQueen and myself are not trying to preach!!!!!! We have all been up there and true, we all do point out all the things that you are commenting on but we on't preach. If you took around you, more people are DOWN IN THOSE treaches and just talking to kids about sex. Sex isn't a taboo issue but face it, The kids between 11and14 are vurnerable....Yea, I said 11.....More and more little girls are trying to shake their a$$es like in those videos. As you,a man, are talking abou the type of females in these videos...We kno that thats just a chea fling there but the woman that yu're looking for as a lifetime partner is the one that just might be keepin their legs closed:shrug: We share al the expericence of sex with the yyounger generation....You, as a man, are you willin to talk to younger men about fatherhood??? Not preachin.....but just talkin..................

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back