Black Spirituality Religion : Children and Spiritual Rituals

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by truetothecause, Oct 16, 2008.

1. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Greetings All!

Knowing how you have studied and utilized Spiritual work for yourself and have received benefits, I wondered if people also do Spiritual work with their children and teach their children about these things.

Do people do rituals with your children?
    Is there a benefit to the children to do so?
    Or is it more about the adult being straight and in a safer Spiritual zone allowing them to be ever present for the child?

I imagine as people do rituals to cleanse the home environment, that benefits the child as well. Yet, what about the fact that school aged children are exposed to much "negative" energies during the course of the day. And what about the fact that children are likely to more susceptible to Spiritual attacks based on the potential they carry.
    Does it make sense to give your children Spiritual baths and/or teach them rituals:?:

"Thanks in advance for Sharing!" (Destee)

M.E.
    :hearts2:

2. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    CHAOS

YES I KNOW WOMEN WHO DO RITUALS FOR AND WITH THEIR CHILD AND/OR CHILDREN. THE MOST THAT I HAVE SEEN AND/OR HEARD OF BEING DONE ID PROTECTION RITUALS. OTHERS THAT I HAVE KNOWN IS REMOVING "NEGATIVE" ENTITIES(INFLUENCE) FRON SAID CHILD. SPIRITUAL BATHS TO ME IS A MUST BUT I WOULD WAIT TIL A CHILD GET A CERTAIN AGE AND IF THEY HAVE THAT DESIRE TO GO DOWN THAT ROAD BEFORE TEACHING RITUALS.

3. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    I light frankinscence and myrh incence in her room from time to time.
    I gave her her first cedar and sage bath thursday night because her attitude was ridiculous.
    I also lit a white candle in the bathroom while she took her bath.
    After her bath her entire persona changed.
    At first I didn't want to do things like this with her becuz i didn't want to influence her choice in what to practice.
    I figure there is no harm in calming the spirit.

4. truetothecause

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Greetings in the name of all that is DARK and UNHOLY....CHAOS!

now please keep in mind Destee and those who would become anxious hearing the terms "unholy", or "CHAOS"... I'm with Sizzla who says..."don't teach the youth bout no **** "holy ghost". A "holy ghost" to me is the epitome of a WHITE PERSON...a ghost we are taught, and which is programmed in our minds, is white entity that does EVIL and something for us to fear. white people have also worked to make themselves out as the "holy" "pure" "good" people and WE KNOW that's a bald faced LIE. By combining those words..."holy ghost" perpetuates the myth that white people are "good"..hence..."casper the friendly ghost" . I flip the script on all that they have taught us therefore, if "holy" for them is a good thing..it is prolly very bad for us. They have taught us that WE are "unholy" ..so I speak in the name of US ...that which is "unholy"......OK...

Now with that said....
    Thank YOu Brother DARKSIDE MAGICK for responding and you as welll SiS Cursed Heart.
    In regards to the part's of your statements I have quoted, I'm wondering WHY, if part of a parents job is to teach a child the way they should go, when it comes to Spirituality and Spiritual Systems, we wait and allow them to CHOSE from all the b.s. that is out there? If that child came here through YOU, is it not what Spirit has revealed to you as "right", "good" and necessary, then is it not equally what that Spirit is supposed to be trained in as well?
    It seems people draw a line when it comes to Spirituality and their children...allowing the child the freedom of choice in terms of Spiritual beliefs and practices.

M.E.

5. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674

CHAOS

I SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE PRECISED IN MY WORDING AS YOU ARE RIGHT SISTER TRUE. IF YOU SEE A CHILD THAT HAVE THAT SPARK AND YOU CAN SENSE IT , YES ONE SHOULD TEACH THE CHILD. IT IS KIND OF THE STAR WARS ANALOGY WHERE THE ELDER JEDI ONLY TEACH TO CHILDREN WHO HAVE A CERTAIN ENERGY AND CERTAIN STABLENESS.ALSO I WAS THINKING WHEN YOU ASK THE QUESTION THAT YOU WAS TALKING BOUT HIGHLY ADVANCED STUFF BUT YES ALL CHILDREN ESP. "BLACK" CHILDREN SHOULD BE TAUGHT TRADITIONAL AFRIKAN SPIRITUALITY.

6. truetothecause

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    It seems to me that parents begin teaching children religious beliefs they themselves hold whether the child has a spark for becoming a priest, minister, missionary...or not.

It's like, parents don't decide to not teach the child english, waiting for them to decide what type of language they want to speak. Its just a part of the culture...what we do...
    yet with Spirituality and/or religion, they get to choose...right from the door. Well..they DO have sunday schools and the like for children of parents in the baptist/christian faith.

Why not with these most CHAOTICALLY CRUCIAL practice of ....ummmm what to call it:?:....Ancestral/Spiritual RE~cognition and Rituals, to aid the/our Spirit has it journeys through here....now...

It also seems to make sense to teach and practice performing rituals on our children as they are closer...."time" wise to the Spirit World. Their sorta "fresh" and a parent can begin to trained/teach the child how to care and protect themselves Spiritually...just as they are taught to cross a street, build friendships etc....

Seems to ......

M.E.

7. nayiladances

nayiladances New Member MEMBER

Instructor/Trainer for Job Corps Program
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree that our children need to be taught...period. Whatever your path is, the children of the house should be taught so that understanding or gaining understanding becomes second nature. My daughter, who is 7, enjoys mixing herbs and why I use certain ones for colds, cleansing, etc...At her age, she is very comfortable asking for candles or particular incense for peaceful sleep or if she has had a rough day at school. She also pays close attention to the lunar calendar (we are Muslim) and the changes of the seasons. I do not think it is any different at all than Sunday schools...the most important teachings should be in the home, I think.

8. truetothecause

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Hotep and Greetings nayiladances!
    I'm pleased to make your acquaintance and Thanks for Sharing.

Yes...I like your :thinking: and share similar views yet, I have birthed and raised no children of my own. It just seems to make sense to teach the youth the truth's that you as a parent possess. Why leave it up to the child:?: Sounds Black! the things your daughter is learning. It's knowledge such as this that supports my claims that our youth DO have some "hope" and/or ARE growing into knowledge of self and will be able to keep up the fight and bump stuff up a few notchs. :cheers: to you :bowdown:

M.E

9. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    True! Can't let your child allow they know it all, but that there's always something more to learn, to understand.

I haven't birthed any children myself, but with my younger brother there are "rituals" I guess you could call them. There's prayer and grace, and helping him read the Holy Doctrine. Everyday he's gained a better understanding toward it, and I'm thankful for that. I'm not always the one to help him though; it goes around from all my siblings.

I believe there's benefit; his being saved to the Father our KING and the Son our Savior. There's always benefit to being faithful to He who died for us, and believing in He who was resurrected the 3rd day to eternal life. The benefits won't all be realized in this life, these bodies, but they will be forever realized when our time comes. Blessings!