Black People : Childish Hatreds

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by happy69, Apr 6, 2004.

1. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
  2. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention happy69. Talk about being targeted, those folks were bound and determined to get rid of her.

3. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Busted!

I'm glad the sister had the good sense to protect her welfare by leaving the force. Who knows to what lengths cretons like her co-workers would go, to puff up their egos.

Also, we need to give the sister serious props for having the courage to pursue this situation in the legal system. She owed it to herself and her family to press forward and not give into their attempts to intimidate her and set her up.

With the kind of money she'll be awarded , would you remain in a place like Springfield or would you move to a different location?

Peace,
    Queenie :spinstar:

4. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    When you have to sue to get your rights as a citizen....there is a problem. When you have to sue to get into an organization....there is a problem. When special laws have to be created to ensure your rights in the country of your birth, parents birth, grandparents birth, and family as far back as you can count.......again there is a problem. African American have to continue to fight the same fight over & over.......for the right to sit at "masters" table and gain his "temporary" favor. I wonder will we ever reach the point where we will tire of this game?

5. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    PA what you say is 100% true. You know how I feel about Us always wanting to sit at the masters table. Not only should We tire of the game; We should learn to build and keep Our Own **** table.

But, in this case and cases such as these-She had to fight, and as Sister Queen said-let's thank God that she did. Hey, she got almost 1 million in damages- then, on the other hand, I can only imagine what this could have done to her psychologically.

This is just like what We are allowing to happen to Our kids in some schools.

Watz, and all... I put this here just to say, hey this kind of childishness is going on--In most cases like stupids on college campuses dressing in blackface; or someone with a confederate flag, or even some dog calling someone a N- those kinds of things should have no place in Our minds--and when it is Old white men and women doing it, it is even more pathetic! Those things are too stupid to even think about...But this Sister had no choice but to fight: this was not something as inane as the stupidity that We are baraged with on a daily daily basis... this was a matter of her life and well-being; and Let Us thank God that she had a few Brothers who at least had her back on some issues.

We will not be able to let Our guards down until We stop letting them infiltrate Our minds with trivial-trash- that only defines them and not Us... And Until We fight Hard for each other (like We should have at this time-instead of Black people and others who only want Us when in need... example, I have nothing against Janet Jackson, and for a long long time, she too did not affiliate herself with Black folk -if u remember... and now, every time I see her it is all about the strength of being Black, how she loves her Black people, how she will live the rest of her life making her Black people proud--overload okay!!!! Just like what Vanessa Williams did)...This was a fight that had to take place...she made a difference.

Queen, let's do give this Sister much props for getting out of the situation, and God for letting her be able to; so many times We have to stay and subject Ourselves to their and sometime Our own HATREDS... Now, We have to draw upon what Our fore parent's gave Us...PRIDE AND RESILIENCE...
    We have to get to a point where hunger no longer keeps Us stuck.

No, Sis, not only will I not stay; I would never go back. She stays, she gives back the money- buying a house, a car, taxes, schooling.

I cannot wait for America to look itself in the mirror- I thank God for this Sister, and hope that this TRAVESTY has only made her the STRONGER.

6. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Bro. Pan, I agree with you completely. It's a shame but so true that the U.S. has become a nation of lawsuits for one reason or another. It's unfortunate and distressing that Black people have to take issues like these to the courts in order to seek redress and remedial compensation. From the time that we set foot on American shores, we have not had the right to decide our own fate and those rights have had to be legislated in order for us to receive any small semblance of control. But control we do have and we must wield it at all times, even at the risk of losing one's life if it protects and saves the lives of others like us.

You wonder whether we'll (meaning African Americans I presume) ever get tired of playing the "defending our rights" game. You know, I can certainly understand why you wonder about that Bro. Pan because it does seem like a whole lot of fighting to receive so little in return. But in actuality the returns that we gain are extremely significant and important to continue to fight for. In the chain of events as far as Black history goes, every little battle fought helps to sustain our existence on this planet. We must fight many different kinds of battles, as we've always done because we're in a war against oppression and efforts by others to rule the world that we live in.

"No ways tired," as the song goes because in order to feel like you and many of us do, we have to continue to fight the little battles like this sister did because eventually it will begin to make sense to us, all of it coming together, and set off a chain reaction of events led by us. I do believe that we as a people, are beginning to get a clear sense of the BIG picture and realize that our future looks like more of what we've always received IF we don't come together to create a serious and strategic backlash rejecting someone else's plan to keep us relegated to servant status.

We can do simple things such as engaging in letter writing campaigns to each other showing support for efforts we make on an individual basis like this sister's activities. We can congratulate her on demonstrating courage and sheer guts to fight back. Let her know that she has become a role model and more than an "unsung" hero to our people. Why did this sister and her family have to suffer alone, subjected to depression and other illnesses worrying over this? If we start keeping track of these types of things going on around the country and world that impact us, we can show solidarity and strengthen ourselves by creating a chain linking us to each other. With technology as it is today, we can use it in ways to draw us closer together.

No ways tired . . .

Peace,
    Queenie :spinstar: