Child Welfare System As Damaging As Slavery

karmashines

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 26, 2005
States frequently separate families without adequate intervention

Miami Gardens, FL (BlackNews.com) - Child welfare and family preservation expert Renee Michelle Harris believes the child welfare system in the U.S. today has lost sight of its true purpose and now inflicts more harm than help on the families it encounters. More importantly, the impact of the child welfare system on black families is horrendous; and the severity of the damage will not be felt for years to come.

"What the system is allowed to do to black and poor families is a travesty," Harris said. "The rate at which parental rights are terminated and the flimsy reasons for doing so should sound a very loud alarm all across this country. If it were happening in more affluent neighborhoods, the system would be brought to its knees."

http://www.blacknews.com/pr/childwelfare101.html

karmashines said:
States frequently separate families without adequate intervention

Miami Gardens, FL (BlackNews.com) - Child welfare and family preservation expert Renee Michelle Harris believes the child welfare system in the U.S. today has lost sight of its true purpose and now inflicts more harm than help on the families it encounters. More importantly, the impact of the child welfare system on black families is horrendous; and the severity of the damage will not be felt for years to come.

"What the system is allowed to do to black and poor families is a travesty," Harris said. "The rate at which parental rights are terminated and the flimsy reasons for doing so should sound a very loud alarm all across this country. If it were happening in more affluent neighborhoods, the system would be brought to its knees."

http://www.blacknews.com/pr/childwelfare101.html

They have been doing this for a long time.

We can do something about it. It has to be challenged. I didn't get to read the link yet. I will I shall return and do so.

HODEE said:
They have been doing this for a long time. We can do something about it. It has to be challenged. I didn't get to read the link yet. I will I shall return and do so.

I think child protection agencies like DYFS overreact when dealing with black families (people), like many government agencies do. In many cases they remove children that need to remain with their parent(s).

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back