Black People : Child Support

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by legit-writer, Feb 10, 2013.

1. legit-writer

legit-writer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    Why do you think some parents go out of their way not to pay support? What should be done about parents who fail or refuse to pay child support?

2. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    I believe that any parent who refuse to pay child support is wicked. Children were not asked to be born and I think that those refuse parents are doing their children a disservice. Here in Barbados there are some men who end up in jail for not paying child support. This behaviour puts a great strain on the mother who have to make ends meet. It may cause her to become involve with someone else just to get financial support.

Barbados sets up child support assistance fund

Government has announced plans to establish a temporary child support assistance fund.
    News of this came this evening from Minister of Finance Chris Sinckler during his delivery of the Financial Statement and Budgetary Proposal.
    Sinckler said this very troubling issue of the non-payment of child support by delinquent parents has attracted much public attention.

http://www.stabroeknews.com/2012/archives/06/26/barbados-sets-up-child-support-assistance-fund/

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

It could be so many reasons, angry with the other parent (taking it out on the child), conditioned not to love their own self, which includes their off-spring, never learning the great importance of their contribution to their children's life ... so many things it could be ... but unfortunately, i think the primary reason is that many can't afford the babies that they bring into the world. Folk are having sex, unemployed. It's a combination for disaster, yet it's taking place all day errry day ... :look:

I don't know what should be done. I think every situation brings its own unique particulars, and ideally it is for the two involved, the ones that made the baby, to work out the logistics. It's truly unfortunate that so intimate and personal an act as conceiving a child, requires outside facilitation from strangers to help with the consequences. This problem is really just a manifestation of the greater issues we face, and i believe if we can begin to address those, these things will begin to pass away ... but until then ... it appears the system has a solution ... if you don't pay your child support, i've heard you go to jail / prison.

Great Topic Again Sister! :toast:

:heart:

Destee

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

Sister dunwiddat ... i edited your post, removing the majority of the article and including a link to where we could read it in its entirety ... i had to go and find the link ... Sister ... this is extra work that i do not want ... i love you ... but you can't add whole articles, other people's property without their permission ... instead ... just include a few sentences and a link to where we can go and read the story in its entirety.

This is rule # 2 ... and repeated violations could cost you participation here.

Just a heads-up.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

5. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,126

Its a doubled edged sword. There are just as many parents who go out of their way to not allow visitation rights. What should be done about them?

6. legit-writer

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    good question. maybe they can be charge with kidnapping lol

7. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,126

They arent. And GOD help you if you dont pay support when you dont get to see your kid

8. legit-writer

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    oh yeah that is very common these days for real.

9. legit-writer

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    As far as what can be done about it, maybe they can take it from their Social Security check and if they have no Social Security, then off to jail.

10. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,094
    ...Yeah they go to jail, and your taxes go up to support them, while from jail, they are 100% unable to pay support, all the while you will pay more 'convict support'.

Brilliant!