Black People : Child Shootings in WA

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by anAfrican, Mar 31, 2012.

1. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    we've had three cases of children getting hold of their parents guns and, in one case, injuring a fellow classmate, and in two others resulting in the death of a child. the cases have been handled differently:

in tacoma: TACOMA, Wash. -- Saying the death of a 3-year-old boy who shot himself in the head with a gun found under a car seat was the result of "criminal negligence," a Washington state prosecutor has charged the child's mother and her boyfriend with manslaughter.

in bremerton: The mother of the Bremerton boy who brought a gun to school that critically injured a classmate was led from a Kitsap County courtroom in handcuffs on Thursday.

Jamie Lee Chaffin, 34, is facing felony assault charges in connection with the shooting of Amina Kocer-Bowman last month. Police and prosecutors say the boy picked up the loaded, unsecured weapon during a weekend visit with Chaffin and her boyfriend.

in stanwood: Last Saturday, the 7-year-old daughter of an off-duty Marysville police officer was fatally shot when a sibling found the officer's gun as the children were in a van, parked near the Stanwood City Hall, while the officer was outside. The death of Jenna Carlile is being investigated by the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office, and Snohomish prosecutors have said they will review the investigation upon its completion to determine whether criminal charges are appropriate.

2. MsVeraisblessed

MsVeraisblessed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,148
    Well,...we parents are responsible for our weapons. It is supposed to be locked away and not sitting around where the kids can get ahold to it. I'm sorry but i'm going to have to blame the parents on this on...

My mother, my aunt, my grandma, all had guns.. I knew bout 'em. I didn't go messing with em for fear what they will do to my arse...

In my mind, none of these kids should be around any guns at all...

But wait,....i might end up eating those words.....

My cousin just brought her son a bb gun. He loves guns she says to me.. I am dreading the news i will get in the future that this child done shot someones eyes out....

Just keep the guns away from these kids..

3. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    the thing that gets me is that each of the cases is being handled so differently; different charges, different timelines, different methods: that marysville cop is on "paid administrative leave" while this stuff is "being investigated" ...

take a look at how each of the kids got hold of the guns.

4. MsVeraisblessed

MsVeraisblessed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,148
    Your right,... these are some twisted cases..This is sad period..

Their stories bothers me.

it is just so....ugh,...i need to pop a pill..

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    American system is a unjustice one so every case will be seen differently but all have the same badge a fatal shot dat kills
    GUNZ ..................weapons should not be loaded ...............the laws of the land is twisted so we will see twisted outcomes