Chicken and iron

African_Prince said:
Is chicken a sufficient source of Iron or am I missing out by not eating beef?

I will give you ONE word of advice after what I heard today.

AVOID any meat products in the near future which potentially may be contaminated with the same gluten used in pet foods.

Same with wheat and any grains containing gluten.

In regards to IRON, find a good, balanced muti-vitamin, multi-mineral supplement. This is especially important if you are vegan.

18mg daily should be sufficient.

(Daily requirements vary according to blood type)

Please excuse me,....

OmowaleX said:
I will give you ONE word of advice after what I heard today.

AVOID any meat products in the near future which potentially may be contaminated with the same gluten used in pet foods.

Same with wheat and any grains containing gluten.

In regards to IRON, find a good, balanced muti-vitamin, multi-mineral supplement. This is especially important if you are vegan.

18mg daily should be sufficient.

I dont want to post any more threads but this article explains what I was referring to.

http://www.reuters.com/article/health/News/idUSWBT00687920070424

In regards to IRON, find a good, balanced muti-vitamin, multi-mineral supplement. This is especially important if you are vega

I do take a multi-vitamin but I don't want to depend on one. It should be used in conjunction with a healthy diet. What would I do if man never invented a multi-vitamin, would chicken be a good enough source for iron?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back