African American History Culture : chicago-south-side 1941....

Discussion in 'African American History Culture' started by jamesfrmphilly, Apr 9, 2017.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,584
  2. Al D

Al D We become that which we repeatedly do.. PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Retired Business Owner
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +477
    A magical time that has come and gone brother James.
    I see a lot when I look through these photos, I see the pride, despair, hope, laughter, smiles. innocence, hardness and softness as well as the struggle in all the beautiful dark faces.I also see the influence of a pale-skinned euro people's on a people from the continent of Africa. Here we are today some 76 years later with some significant progress, change and improvements but with folks still experiencing a great deal of the hardship, despair and struggle today. We have seen change and we have not seen enough change..One thing has changed and leaves my heart yearning for that time is the innocence, the playfulness, the laughter and smiles have vanished from the faces of the children...
    Hopefully some will read this and look through the photos and desire to recapture some of that good old beautiful black magic that we as a people made from back in the day....Thanks for the post brother...

3. sekou kasimu

sekou kasimu PanAfrikanist Revolutionary PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Retired Ironworker
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +978
    I hate to rain on your parade but "some significant progress, change, and improvements...'? Such as?

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,584
    :11100: i was born in 1942. i remember a little of how that was.

5. Al D

Al D We become that which we repeatedly do.. PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Retired Business Owner
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +477
    Hey brother Sekou, do you really need me to tell you that? If you were the student of history and Pan-Afrikanist that you claim to be, you would know..Ignorance and pettiness is a luxury that some people can afford to immerse themselves in, not me!!! Write that history article brother and stop trolling....

6. sekou kasimu

sekou kasimu PanAfrikanist Revolutionary PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Retired Ironworker
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +978
    Why when questions are raised about posts on this site folks are accused of being trolls? FYI 'no-one is bigger than the movement'! Walter Sisulu told Nelson Mandela that when they were in prison. Mandela ignored the advice and proceeded to make a deal with the white that left whites in control of the country!!! I ask for examples because I wonder if you know something that I don't. Maybe a perspective I hadn't considered. IMO with the reincarnation of Hitler in the White House, we are in the same exact position that European Jews were in Fascist, Nazis Germany!!! Rest assured that my intentions are honorable. You appeared to be one of the truly conscious ones on this site.

7. Black Cypher

Black Cypher Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +44
    " I ask for examples because I wonder if you know something that I don't. Maybe a perspective I hadn't considered. IMO with the reincarnation of Hitler in the White House, we are in the same exact position that European Jews were in Fascist, Nazis Germany!!! Rest assured that my intentions are honorable."

[​IMG]