Black People : Chicago Rings in First Homicide of 2016 - Count Continues into 2017 - Continues into 2018, 2019, 2020

The Chicago Negro and the Warsaw Ghetto
Antiblackness at the root of gun violence “solutions”

... As we drove through the South Side, she commented that this part of the city “has a lot of what my husband likes to call blue-light districts.” As she laughed at her own joke, I nodded and looked out the window ...

Eve L. Ewing
Medium member since Jul 2017
Sociologist of race & education at the University
Essayist. Poet. Author of Electric Arches (Sept 2017, Haymarket Books). Black girl thriving.
Jul 19
https://medium.com/@eveewing?source=user_popover

Examining The Reasons For Chicago's Violence

LONNAE O'NEAL: First of all, we need to remember violence in Chicago go way back. You know, this was mob central. This was Al Capone. These were gangster days. There are gangster tours of Chicago, and so violence didn't start on the south and west side of Chicago. Violence is very much baked into the cake and part of the story and the legend of Chicago. We want the violence in Chicago to be caused by A or A and B and C, when really it's a hundred things over years and decades and generations. And a real lack of political will to fully address and excavate any one of them.

1. Examining The Reasons For Chicago's Violence : NPR
    - - Cached - Similar pages
    Sep 3, 2016 ... Chicago police said there were 90 homicides there last month, the ... The city has had more murders this year than Los Angeles and New York combined. ... Other say it's the economy, gangs or a poor public education system. ... And my grandfather always used to tell me idle mind is the devil's playground.

:great:

Black Lives Matter, other community groups win seat at table in fight over Chicago police reform

Jeremy GornerContact Reporter
Chicago Tribune

... The agreement comes on the heels of three lawsuits filed last year against the city, urging Mayor Rahm Emanuel to allow a federal judge to oversee an overhaul of the Police Department in the wake of a U.S. Department of Justice report that found the department was deficient in training and supervision and prone to excessive force, especially against minorities.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ago-police-consent-decree-20180320-story.html
upload_2018-3-21_9-58-29.png
Mayor Rahm Emanuel, left, takes questions at a news conference in 2017 following an announcement of a lawsuit against the city to force a police reform consent decree. (Jose M. Osorio / Chicago Tribune)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back