Black People : Chicago Rings in First Homicide of 2016 - Count Continues into 2017 - Continues into 2018, 2019, 2020

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Nykea Aldridge Death Comes Amid Spike in Chicago Shootings, Murders

Even before the high-profile shooting death of Nykea Aldridge, NBA star Dwyane Wade's cousin, Chicago had been battling a citywide spike in violent crime.

While the connection to one of the country's best-known athletes has drawn national attention to the city's problem with gun violence, the underlying problem remains all too familiar for many Chicago residents ...

https://gma.yahoo.com/nykea-aldridge-death-comes-amid-spike-chicago-shootings-103704733--abc-news-topstories.html

Brothers arrested for the murder of Wade's cousin.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
BOT, like I see other folk do, smh. (normally, I'll post an article or sumpt'n - but this is easier - hope no Rule violation is created for this)

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:facepalm:

Hobossuper gang’ tied to 9 murders; lengthy trial set to begin

As they planted the seeds of Chicago’s “new breed of street gang” more than a decade ago, its South Side leaders allegedly uttered these simple words: “Man, we Hobo.”

Hobosjust sleep and rob,” they said.

Now, the nickname is inked on the skin of the gang’s elites along with the words, “The Earth Is Our Turf.” But the ruthless and exclusive Hobos crew, an alliance of deadly street gangs forged in the now-demolished Robert Taylor Homes, didn’t stop with robbery, the feds say. Not even close ...

http://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago/hobos-super-gang-tied-to-9-murders-lengthy-trial-set-to-begin/

Federal prosecutors included this photo of Gabriel Bush (fourth from left) in a court filing. They say it is from a trip to Hawaii with five friends that Bush paid for. Bush is among the members of the Hobos gang whose trial starts this week

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

A 'war on guns' won't stop Chicago's violence

Chicago has reached a crisis point for gun violence. Voices from various public officials have recently suggested that the solution is to increase the penalty for gun possession. They suggest that a "war on guns" needs to be launched, with longer prison terms providing victory. They are sadly mistaken. In 1971, President Richard Nixon perceived a crisis in the rising use of marijuana, cocaine, heroin and other mind-altering substances. He declared a "war on drugs," which was dramatically expanded in the 1980s by President Ronald Reagan. Penalties for drug possession and delivery were increased. The result was not a decrease in drug usage, however, but rather the demonization and incarceration ..

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/26f65c68-c86f-3edc-9874-19c4bc0e7782/ss_a-'war-on-guns'.html

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

The Black Body Count Rises as Chicago Police Step Back

‘The streets are gone,” Dean Angelo, president of the Chicago police union, told me last month. The night before, Aug. 14, a Chicago police officer’s son had been killed in a shooting while sitting on his family’s porch, one of 92 people killed in Chicago during the worst month for homicides in the Windy City since July 1993. The August victims who survived included 10-year-old Tavon Tanner, shot while playing in front of his house (the bullet ripped through Tavon’s pancreas, intestines, kidney and spleen); an 8-year-old girl shot in the arm while crossing the street; and two 6-year-old girls ...

http://nation.foxnews.com/2016/09/12/black-body-count-rises-chicago-police-step-back?ref=yfp

AP Graphics
In 2016 nearly 3,000 people have been shot in the city, an average of one victim every two hours

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: