Black People : Cherokee Nation Votes to Expel Blacks

why state negroes have no clue.....

OmowaleX said:
"We do virtually nothing to stop the injustices we face right now".

Please speak for yourself and do not overgeneralize this statement to the Black masses who historically have a history of rebellion and resistance against colonial oppression.

What you view as "wishful thinking" is based upon historic precedent.

Which can be verified by extensive and intensive study of Native military history.

In many instances, it was the POLITICAL VICTORY of AFRICAN NATIVE-AMERICAN FORCES WHICH FORCED THE UNION IMPERIALIST ARMY into political accord and military treaty going back to the Moorish defeat of us imperialist aggression in the Barbary Wars.

http://www.johnhorse.com

OmowaleX said:
Sister Destee,

What EVIDENCE supports your position?

Any conclusion or opinion expressed is speculative and based on assumptions.

EVIDENCE shows that in the past WE, Our Ancestors not only defended themselves against "white supremacy" but defeated it!!

I present EVIDENCE in the STONO REBELLION and various other campaigns waged by the SEMINOLE NATION.

If it were not for the acts of STATE NEGROES who went over to the "Union" the Republican forces would have lost the civil war.

It was only after the CO-OPTATION of the LOUISIANA NATIVE GUARD that the Union army under Gen. Banks obtained supremacy, and if the Black NATIVE CORPS de Africanine resigned along with their officer courps the milatary balance would have shifted to the REBELS and the Cherokee and others would have logically sided with them instead of capitulating to the Union's imperialist settler colonial forces!

The same today....

Black Buffalo soldiers and dixiecrats pull out of their loyalty to the major parties and capitalism COLLAPSES!

We held the balance and do so today but a DEFEATIST MIND SET does not allow us to see the Power that we have....

Brother Omowale ... all one has to do is look at our current world condition, our babies dying every day, and we are doing nothing collectively to immediately stop it. Are you saying we will care more about our own individual lives, than we do the babies that are dying right now? If they threaten our life, we'll fight, but we won't fight for the babies? Please.

You highlight incidents, that even still, leave those folk subject to their oppressors. A nation within a nation, someone said. I don't see how this can truly be considered a victory, when they remain subject to the invaders of their land.

Not to take anything from them, they've done great things in the face of adversity, but we have a world full of Black People being oppressed. How can we use what they did, to realize even a portion of those freedoms for our people collectively?

Yes ... we might win a battle here or there ... but the war rages on ... and we're losing.

:heart:

Destee

OmowaleX said:
"We do virtually nothing to stop the injustices we face right now".

Please speak for yourself and do not overgeneralize this statement to the Black masses who historically have a history of rebellion and resistance against colonial oppression.

What you view as "wishful thinking" is based upon historic precedent.

Which can be verified by extensive and intensive study of Native military history.

In many instances, it was the POLITICAL VICTORY of AFRICAN NATIVE-AMERICAN FORCES WHICH FORCED THE UNION IMPERIALIST ARMY into political accord and military treaty going back to the Moorish defeat of us imperialist aggression in the Barbary Wars.

I can speak for all of my people ... all Black People in the world ... so long as all Black People in the world collectively and clearly are maintaining the space at the bottom of the barrel.

Pointing to one or two individual successes, does nothing to alter our condition in the world.

Historic precedent? Show me anywhere in recent history, where Black People have collectively and drastically done something to improve their collective world status. Please show me, for i'd love to see that, love to build off of it ... show me ... please.

:heart:

Destee

Sun Ship said:
First of all Brother Kemet the efforts of the Black panthers, and the Civil rights movement and other progressive Black movements went, hand in hand regardless if history will ever record it this way. And the most radical of folks I know have said that it was absolutely necessary and an imperative that our basic civil and first amendment rights were intact, regardless of the tactics. All you have to do is look at Black America before the 60’s and 70’s. The civil rights movements and the integrationist, who came later, were two different types.

Agreed 100%. When brother Malcolm sat with MLK he mentioned that his own rhetoric would serve to make it easier for MLK to make progress on his initiatives. Whether they originally set out to or not, the nationalists and the civil rights crew fed off each other in a symbiotic relationship, so no argument there.

sunship said:
Remember the civil rights movement was much older than King, and had it’s militant arm also. All we are given is the MLK and SCLC version of the story.

And if you think the rights that we and every other American (now enjoy) were merely given to us and not earned or gotten through civil disobedience and unrest than you need to get a better understanding of that time in history.

Brother sunship I didn't say we earned our rights through begging, and I've posted in other threads about the honor and respect we owe our ancestors for the sacrifices they made with the ACTION they took towards civil disobedience.

But again, this supports my argument. The civil rights progress we did make HAD to have some foundation of ACTION (civil disobedience). It wasn't just lawyers slanging lawsuits that got us anywhere.

sunship said:
You ain’t got to tell me what’s happening to us…you think I’m unaware of the ways of this system, with all the folks I know including myself having been subjected to it’s madness? Hell…we’re catching mo’ hell in the so-called ghetto from our fellow Black sisters and brothers than any Cherokee or white man right now. I’m sorry to say, we’re killing and assaulting each other (for literally nothing) almost as fast as white folks are locking us up!

To solve this problem, we first got to ask the question WHY we're assaulting each other, WHEN did it start, and who is ultimately the root cause. After you figure that out if it makes sense to go coming with lawsuits against those who are the root cause to help you get out of it, then by all means go for it. I still say you'd be wasting your time.

sunship said:
Foreign immigrants take more advantage of the civil right laws and liberties that Black folks fought and died for than Black folks do! …all we do is vote, march, and protest so immigrants can exercise more rights!

Really? How? Which civil rights laws do foreign immigrants take advantage of that we don't? I always thought foreign immigrants took more advantage of collective wealth building strategies that have nothing to do with civil rights.

sunship said:
Let’s stop pipe dreaming… Where's the facts....You’re talking about our own nation…how and where?

The roots of a nation can be formed right here on American soil by starting the planning and figuring out how to pool resources and recruit the expertise needed in the key areas like commerce, education, housing, construction, defense, etc.

The enlightened leadership tackles the negotiations to procure whatever land is decided will be the homeland, whether that be land in Afrika, the carribbean, a state in the U.S., whatever is viable.

Then the first wave takes the leap and starts building....and success eventually breeds more success. Of course the first expatriates will mostly be skillled and motivated black people, but as the homeland develops, the pressure on those left behind will force them to recognize america cannot be their permanent home and the promise of a nation created by and ran for the diasporic descendants of slaves starts to have more appeal.

sunship said:
Africa hasn’t made hardly one move toward extending a welcome mat for repatriation after all of these years! There are a few African countries chewing on it, but it’s taking forever!

Probably because our best and brightest spend so much time trying to figure out how to squeeze water out of turnips in the u.s. rather than seriously engaging our black brothers and sisters around the world.

The onus is not entirely on Africa to roll out a welcome mat for us.

sunship said:
And do you think they want the poorest of our Black huddled masses and welfare moms from the ghetto, or our Black male prison population? NO they’re looking for diasporic Africans from America to bring some of that bloodstained imperialistic white man money and plenty of it! I don’t know too many countries in the world that are turning down that old filthy American dollar, even the so-called terrorist like it…LOL!

The only folks who call it begging are some of the folks who have posted in this thread.

That is a mischaracterization. The terrorists are not over here sueing for money in the American courts, rather they are having their expatriates SEND money which they are pooling collectively in financial institutions all over the world being used to fund their nationalistic interests...on a global scale. Obviously that is much different from asking the u.s. government to give them some rights...so let's not misconstrue exactly what's being called begging.

Simply put, if you coming to me asking me to give you something, even though i done already told you no, told yo daddy no, and told his daddy no, you might want to figure out there's no point in you beggin, and even less point in you advising your son he should come beggin either.

sunship said:
One of the main reasons continental Africans have such big issues with us is because we fanaticize, romanticize, and rant about Africa more than we study or understand it from a practical point of view!

Which means what? What specifically are we supposed to understand about practical Afrika that we don't?
sunship said:
We think that some type of revolution is going appear out of nowhere the angrier and more convincing we sound. I’ve been around for a while; it was first street corner talk, then it became radio talk, then it became let’s go hear brother Farrakhan tell us this for the 1,000th time talk, then it became buy my revolutionary books, rap music, and t-shirts talk, and now it’s internet forum talk.
Are we getting ready to bust the Black male population out of jail? I don’t think so!

Are we trying to manufacture armament even here or in Africa? I don’t think so!

Are we going to stop using the Internet because the white man owns it and we know they’re spying on us as we type? I don’t think so!

Are we going to quit our jobs if we find out affirmative action made our employers hire us and Federal law mandated this? I don’t think so!

Are we going to tell Black farmers who are struggling to keep their farms to turn down all federal farm subsidies and let us proud Black folks pay the difference out of our income tax return checks? I don’t think so!

But we have the nerve to tell Black Freedmen not to get what's theirs or try to get all that's coming down the pike!
There is no Black country or Black land for the Katrina victims to go to…there was no African-centered back-up plan! If we could stop daydreaming and romanticizing for a moment we may see the angles toward developing some REAL and TRUE type of independence.

See I read all of that and it sounded real good....kinda like a good, solid, jump out ya seat and holla sunday sermon. :) (Don't hate... you know we all still like a good message)

But after the applause dies down and folks have returned from running up and down the aisle, the question still left is WHAT exactly are you advocating as a strategy for this "REAL and TRUE type of independence" you speak of.

So far all I've heard is what we can't do and what we ain't about to do.

Other than that you've expressed some faith in the effectiveness of manipulating american or cherokee laws that are "already on the books."

I don't have nearly all the answers for how nation-building needs to work, but it seems clear to me there is a HUGE gap between filing lawsuits seeking accomadations from american courts and "real and true" independence.

I'm just not smart enough to see how one leads to the other.

If those 2800 black cherokee need to sue their way back into the cherokee nation, more power to them. I wish them luck. If 34 million black folk in this country take that as our approach to deal with the surmounting problems we face, we deserve to stay on the plantation.

Peace.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back