Black Spirituality Religion : cheotep

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by urban_savage, Mar 17, 2004.

1. urban_savage

urban_savage Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +0
    *the original content of this post was edited out in a temporary fit of embarrassment at being publicly chastened in a forum frequented by a community for whom (at least based on-line persona) i feel respect for, intellectually and spiritually. the original posting was a request for information as regards an egyptian sun-priest named "cheotep" (sic?) that i subjectively have been "channelling" for the last few weeks, with the speculation that the entity in question might have been a past life, and most likely is meant to help me become a better healer*

after further thought, i decided i'd rather get self-righteous.

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Urban Savage ... hello ... what does your name mean, if you don't mind sharing.

Thanks.

Destee

3. Kannte

Kannte Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Good question, Destee:

I was wondering about that also. I really paused to conside the meaning of that.

4. urban_savage

Canada
    Ratings:
    +0
    originally the "urban savage" tag goes back to a comment a friend made a few years ago, upon seeing me wearing a trench coat in the wind, while waiting to cross the street, ie. that i looked like a "noble urban savage". i dropped the 'noble' portion because no one can declare themselves noble, but rather must strive towards it.

in recent times, the savage portion of the nick has come to mean several things, usually based on my definition of savage as being any behavour or belief patterns that do not fit into the cultural matrix of the individual using the term. i am less familiar than most with the information technology that prevails in the modern environment, i am originally from a rural community and have personal ethical and valuation systems that are at odds with the "sophisticated" or "worldly" cynicism that many think of as civilized, and my spiritual beliefs tend to draw on systems that many think of as being primitive or "savage", although i tend to think that most tribal spirituality is more in tune with our basic natures than modern paradigms, and i am convinced that prior to recorded history there were extremely advanced non-industrially based technological cultures across asia, the middle east, and northern africa, and central america (given my predominant ancestry, i hate admitting that europe may have been shut out on that one, but the evidence i've come across tends to indicate that the great civilizations were centered around the equatorial latitudes).

mostly i'm the urban savage because i live in a city, and i think more people need to peer through the thin veneer of "civilization" that they cherish so greatly.

5. urban_savage

Canada
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok. i'm getting the impression that i'm not going to get a response here. if anyone has any inclination, however, to email me links that might help in my search for info, or can recommend other sources, i'd be very grateful. i'm not even totally sure that i'm spelling "cheotep" correctly.

thank you. in lakesh.

6. Kannte

Kannte Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    urban_savage,

Try asking your question in the "Columnists" section to Amun-Ra or Chief Elder Osiris. They maybe able to assist you.

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Brother Kannte ... posting the same information in more than one place (spamming) is against the forum rules and should not be encouraged.

Urban Savage ... thanks for the meaning of your name. I don't have any information to share with you regarding your topic. Have you done a search on google?

:heart:

Destee

8. Astro

Astro Well-Known Member MEMBER

consultant
    Ratings:
    +0
    Urban Save

Urban Savage there are no certain answers in a milieu where you're seeking to integrate aspects that sometimes entail conflicting values into a coherent context. The only successful enterprise of that kind is in mixing Gumbo. Foods are quite amenable to being coherent in adding elements that may not appeear to be compatible. The illumination that leads to our standing before God with any degree of confidence is not to be found in any elaborate typology as you describe. That's the wrong tact in my opinion, something like the situation you see in India. Those people have in the area of thirty million gods and an odd ball mix of philosophical systems. They have their sages and bearded men sitting on grass mats in the dark at the back of caves to make inquiries of, however what has it led to in the advancement of the nation? then again, if you choose, you can give yourself over to any of thousands of philosophical systems that are in the world to gnaw and chew on in an effort to satisfy your spiritual appetite. I am Christian and am grateful to say. Without being primitive in my presentation, a spectacular feature of Christianity is its simplicity. Simplicity in faith is foolishness to Greek oriented minds, which you appear to have. There are systems with incantations, rituals, everything a wondering mind needs to occupy itself. I would suggest, if you're seeking any kind of confidence in what you embrace, you shed all the trappings and start afresh. As a Christian it's my duty to point to Christ, which I would be more than happy to spend time to satisfy your questions. Other than that, if not inclined in that direction, I would suggest you shed all the trappings, get your trench coat and be on your way into lif and let life teach you in its own terms. Life has a way of establishing truth, our job is to be patient and receptive to what comes with our experience. How do you think the gurus get what wisdom they have to offer? These things are obtained through living the hard knocks in life, along with whatever study you give yourself to. The only thing, as you yourself pointed out, the essentials are given to all men. Simplistic societies are not swallowed up in a pool of darkness because of a lack of industrial or technical achievement. I suggest, rather than weighing yourself down with all the rick-a-maroo that has your head spinning around, take time and be diligent in your hearts desire for truth to emerge. The most that anyone else can do is give their version of what they have become convinced is God's revelation to man. Again, I'm Christian, the next man may point to Ali Baba, God will reveal himself to his own. The more you engage belief systems, the more guarded you need to be as to your investment of faith. This is true, with no doubt.

9. urban_savage

Canada
    Ratings:
    +0
    you know, i just spent about a half an hour in extreme doubt. have i been fooling myself? have i allowed my search for understanding to be undercut by shallow ritual, and the trappings of appropriated belief systems? have i possibly even crossed the line into potential insanity by allowing the belief that i may be channelling information from someone who has been dead for several thousand years (a possibility that i'm always on the watch for as i slowly have opened up my belief systems, moderated credulity).

then i realized that i was doubting my own faith. that i was allowing the opinion of someone i have not even met to make me doubt my own sense of reality, and how i have chosen to seek greater knowledge of the light.

i'm aware that it can be very messy to mix belief systems. i'm also very strongly convinced that all belief systems have truths built into them, else they would not have survived. i have never been able to stomach the belief that the creator of all would deny any human, born into any culture, enlightenment/salvation/realization/whatever-you-want-to-call-it. i have been finding more and more, with each phase of beliefs i have travelled through, that usually everything comes down to respect for oneself, the preservation of the tribe, and a proper mix of awe and gratitude for the privilege of walking in creation. in short love.

simplicity is good, yes. the simple truths are the ones to follow. the ten commandments? love 'em (both versions). golden rule? been a staple of my life since adolescence. christianity simple? not for a long time.

i believe that there was a christ. i believe that incarnate in this world, there have been many "beings of light", teachers that came here/came back/aspired to show us the way back to the source of light/love. i believe the entity known as christ was probably one of the greatest of them, if not even a being of an entirely different order. i can't say. i don't trust the mainstream of written history. i believe the word of christ was selectively edited, and the lineage of paul corrupted, and that it started happening not long after the death of christ. i'm pretty sure that the son of god never intended for his words to be the excuse given for the atrocities performed in his name over the last few millenia, but that doesn't predispose me greatly to allowing anyone proclaiming himself "christian" to show me the way. which particular sect were you planning on using as a pointer? catholicism? that would increase the amount of ritualism in my life well beyond what it has now. from the sounds of it, you probably wouldn't deign to talk to a unitarian, nevermind that their basic credo of open-mindedness has served as an essential world-bridger between humans of many diverse nationalities.

again, to be perfectly clear, i am not bashing christ or christianity, at least as represented by those who follow the spirit of christ, as opposed to mouthing his praises. and i am most definitely NOT accusing anyone of being a hypocrite. i can even appreciate the offer to guide a stranger towards salvation, unwillingness to aide those in need is not something that any faith worthy of the term allows. if anything, the impression i get is of a good christian soul attempting to guide someone percieved to be in need of guidance.

i do, however take great exception to a criticism of my belief system. i believe in the one. just that. i think it's stupid to even label it that far, as much as trying to speak the unpronouncable name of god (Jehovah? what the heck?). i believe in the feeling i have when i see the world around me. i believe in the feelings i have when i see children playing, or my friends dancing, or the sun hitting rainsoaked earth. i believe in the things i feel on the occasions where the world overwhelms me with it's wonder, and tears of gratitude for being allowed here stream down my face. i don't spend my entire life in that state. i have days when the sight of sunlight dancing across flowered fields is....just light shining on plants. i don't feel myself lost because of this. the most beautific humans i know, be they wiccans, atheist humanitarians, or street ministers, still have their days where they have to really force their way to smile. it's called being human.

admittedly, what you've seen of me could give most doubt. self-conciously white kid (or so it seems you percieve me, although i am 30, and have been living on my own for about 13 years now, and i probably am overly concious of my race in this context) shows up out of nowhere and starts asking about obscure priests of ra, babbling about channeling and reincarnation? yeah, i could see why that might give a bad impression. i even admit that there is a chance that it could be completely delusional. i don't care. since i've started being willing to take chances on the fact that maybe the things that i percieve might not be delusional, i've really started to find a lot more meaning in everything. somehow i end up in circumstances where i can help people. somehow i'm more willing to accept the fact that day to day reality is far more miraculous than people give it credit for. that every single human being has the potential to be far more than they usually give themselves credit for.

so far, this entire cheotep delusion has brought personal disaster to me. i've committed to purifying my body, mind and spirit for three lunar months, including laying off of a ten year cigarette habit, doing more yoga, and paying closer atention to my diet. i've started trying to learn more about the principles of ayurvedic medicine, and the common medicinal plants indigineous to the area in which i live. i've started spending time every day meditating on the nature of the sun, and how the masculinization of the sun in relatively recent history could exemplify the negative paradigm shift that has allowed us to burn off the ozone and otherwise defile the earth that was gifted to us. i'm spending the summer in prayer that humanity as a whole gets it's act together so that the generations to come do not find themselves ruling over a global wasteland. i'm praying that the projections of gender can be removed from the light of the sun, so that once more (if only for me, it may all be subjective fantasy) it may be a portal to the pure light of the one. i've also spent far too much time beating my brain about how to make the actions of my day to day life live up to the world of my dreaming life, at least as far as helping the people i see around me. i do what i can, but i'm also praying for insights into how i could effect more lasting changes in what i see in the world i have been born into.

the simple fact is, i love the rick-a-maroo. i love learning. i love finding levels of connection and interconnection in everthing in creation. i love spending weeks or months at a time wringing over relatively simple things until i have milked out every iota of understanding i can find in them. i love looking for god's signatures (they're everwhere). the only simplicity i have any use for is "when in doubt, choose the light/love/life". after that, give me the trappings, the obscure languages, the arcane technologies, the ever-repeating conclusion that we are just motes in an infinitely extending wavefront, but that we are graced with the choice to shine, and in so doing make it easier for the other motes to do so, that in fact we are all just one mote.

maybe i should choose the simpler path, or at least one that is less likely to give me headaches. maybe i risk my eternal soul, choosing to think that i am on the path that is right for me, when i am really completely wrong headed. maybe i am in foolishly standing in defiance of the one true way. or maybe i trust that i am what i am supposed to be, in the unknowable patternings of the one.

then again, traditionally i would be called a heretic and most likely burned at the stake. thank you for your well intentioned concern, a man (unabashedly).

by the way, this:

"They have their sages and bearded men sitting on grass mats in the dark at the back of caves to make inquiries of, however what has it led to in the advancement of the nation?"

...plus this:

"How do you think the gurus get what wisdom they have to offer? These things are obtained through living the hard knocks in life, along with whatever study you give yourself to."

...doesn't put you in any danger from the hobgoblin known as "consistency" (admittedly, in full context of the original quote, this may not be a bad thing)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016