Cheikh Anta Diop..........

Discussion in 'Honoring Black Ancestors' started by info-moetry, Mar 28, 2005.

1. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace family,

This is one of the first to ever present proof of Afrikan origins as the Mothers & Fathers of Civilization on this side of the 20th century!!! He presented it beyond a reasonable doubt & the Europeans blocked his works from being published here in Amerika. It was his friend Dr. John Henrik Clarke who finally after years of trying, got some of his books published here....

much respect due to the god!!!!!!

http://www.africawithin.com/diop/diop_bio1.htm

peace

2. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

Thank you brotha for posting this thread on one of our most Illustrious Ancestors.

Ashe

3. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    "The African Origin of Civilization: Myth or Reality" This book should be in every black household!

4. Pharaoh Jahil

Pharaoh Jahil Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25
    Peace,

Cheikh Anta Diop is one of my first teachers. He was the one who showed me that the Ancient Egyptians were a dark people of Afrika.

Peace....

5. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    I read about Dr. Cheikh Anta Diop in Visions for Black Men. I like his perseverance. Is John Hendrik Clarke on the same level as him? I have been looking all over for the Origins of African Civilization.

CD

6. Akilah

Akilah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Scheduling Coordinator for large Health System
    Ratings:
    +36
    Question

I believe I read somewhere here on Destee's forums
    that Dr Diop had a white wife... would ya'll still consider
    him to be a pro-black ?

7. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    I did not find anything relevant to that.

CD

8. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Sorry I responded to this so late Akilah, but I just noticed it. Dr. [Cheikh] Diop felt that there was only one human race, the African race. Everything else was a mutation off African genes. Thus he probably felt, he was "purifying" his white wife, and saw no contradiction in his actions. In many ways this is a variation of a modern idea that race is just a social construct, which has become very popular in many black intellectual circles.

Personally I don't subscribe to the theory of race being a social construct. There is one species that all people belong to, which is homo sapien-sapien. This is why we are able to reproduce with one another. However there are definately different races, with different characteristics between us. To illustrate this point I'd like to make a comparison with cats and dogs (I hate to compare people with animals, but I think it is an accurate comparison in this case). It is possible to bred a Tiger with a Lion or a Cheetah with a Leopard because they all belong to the same species. However all four animals are different races with distinct characteristics and behaviors. This also holds true for different species of dogs. The same also holds true for humans!

I take nothing away from Professor Diop, his works were nothing short of ground breaking and brilliant. However declaring oneself pro-black while having children and leaving one's inheritance with other races (in particular the race of your enemy) is a contradiction which can't be overlooked in any circumstances. I've always said blacks in IRs can do good works for the black community, but that doesn't make them pro-black. The motivations behind one's actions are just as important as the acts themselves. Indeed the ultimate motive behind most blacks in this situation is the improvement of the black community, in order to achieve the acceptance of whites.

All this being said, pro-blackness is a title thrown around far too liberally these days. Pro-blackness is not an action. Pro-blackness is not a body of work. Pro-blackness is not a tendancy. Pro-blackness is a lifestyle! It involves ones political, economic, and social behavior (which involves dating, marrying, and mating). If one is talking black, acting black, but having their children & giving the profits (inheritance) of their deeds to other communities....then no they aren't pro-black! If one's social behavior serves to further dillute the black race instead of ensuring the continuance of the black race....again they aren't pro-black!

9. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    An addendum to what I wrote above.

Although I do not support interracial dating, I recognize it as inevitable in an integrated society. Indeed the European & American social-political and economic order requires non-whites to assimilate into white culture in order to advance within it. This is especially true of the French, which is the environment that Diop came under. Although one can assimilate through education, occupation, or affiliation. The most powerful expression of assimilation into white culture that a non-white person can demonstrate is to marry a white person. This achieves three major functions: 1. If the black person is successful, the benefits of his/her achievements do not go to the benefit of the black community. 2. The further dilution of African blood. 3. The creation of offspring with a great likelihood to identify with & promote their non-black heritage within the confines of the black community (thus operating as agents of conversion and division).

Most blacks in relationships with whites (or other non-blacks) are fully aware that they are assimilating into white culture. In addition to this, most are making a deliberate effort to further dilute their African blood, and distance themselves from their African heritage. Although I do not agree with their choice, there is nothing I (nor anyone else) can do to stop it. Not only can people not be stopped from abandoning a community/culture, those who choose this route should be let go. That being said, I take strong exception to a black person in an interracial relationship that dares to classify themselves as “pro-black”. Such a person is either unaware of how their social behavior fulfills one of the biggest goals of white supremacy (the genetic destruction of the black race); or, they are trying to deliberately misguide & misdirect the black community!! The most important aspect of pro-blackness is the continuation of the black race, which is only guaranteed with black people having children with black people! One can not fight the system of white supremacy through their works, while simultaneously supporting it through their social behavior (having non-black children). It is a contradiction which can not be reconciled.

10. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Yes that makes a lot of sense Baba Pan. Because despite whether he was married to a white woman or not, his perseverance while in college inspired me.

CD