Black Entertainment : Charlie Wilson

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Tracylois, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Tracylois

Tracylois Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    R kelly produced a lot of tracks on Charlie's new album and I know it going to be a slammin album I mean come on now with r kelly track history. He has produced a lot to hot songs.

2. notbeautiful

notbeautiful Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I like that song he has out now. I've never heard of him before though.

3. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    R.Kelly is talented, but imo, all his songs sound the same. This runs the risk of being burned out. Babyface used to write and produce for a lot of singers too, where is he now?

4. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    BURNED OUT? HES OUT LIVED N MUSIC BEING BURNED OUT.. THAT MAN GUNNA BE THE NEXT RON ISLEY.. JUST ASK YOURSELF.. WHERES BABYFACE... KEITHSEWAT.. BOBBY BROWN.. GENUINE... D'ANGELO... THEY BURNT OUT.. THIS MAN HAS BEEN MAKIN MUSICE SINCE 89.. THATS A LONG TRACK RECORED FOR A MAN IN TODAYS MUSIC INDUSTRY WHERE WE SEE SOMEANY FLY BY NIGHT ARTISTS..... :hearts4:

5. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

First he'll need to be that court case he's facing. However the people you named are not the best examples in the world, perhaps with the exception of D'Angelo, who's taken a "break" from recording to deal with his own legal woes.

All of the other performers you named, released records that reflected a specific Genre of Music, like Keith and Bobby a la New Jack Swing. Ginuwine only had one or two albums under his belt, and I'm not sure he wrote much of his own material.

Much of the success or failure of a recording artist is directly attributed to the efficacy of the marketing campaign of their respective record companies. If the record is not marketed vigorously (payola helps) the chance of success is not very good. This is what happened with MJ's last album.

There is another dynamic as well, that we tend to overlook, SEX SELLS, R. Kelly's career has been peppered with law suits and sexual inproprietys since he and Aliyah were a "couple" and the bulk of his songs were fairly sexually explicit. The same can not be said of the people you've mentioned above

6. Deepvoice

Deepvoice Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    At 38 or 39 years old he's almost the next Ronald Isley, lol. He might be 40.

7. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    R.Kelly is a great song writer just have bad habits when it come to
    young girls but this guy will be writting for a while yet to come the songs
    he did for Charlie was tight .

I believe he can mix it up when he want to just doing what sells and make
    the chart as hits. But Charlie Wilson is the uncle to snoop Dogg and was /is
    the Lead singer of the great (Gap Band)

8. triniti424

triniti424 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Singapore
    Servant of the People
    Ratings:
    +131

Bad habits??? :puke: hes a pervert with a clinical disorder... I tend to agree with brotha Sek...MUSICALLY most of his stuff sounds the same. You can almost tell within the first 10 seconds that its an "R KELLY" attributed song. Not to say he doesnt have talent (he still nastee as all heck) but his stuff sounds the same.

I love the gap band...so I gave Charlie a chance with this little solo deal. So far...I havent been swayed into complete support but its decent.

oh and I would NEVER give R Kelly rights to say he was the next "ron isley". Hes a faint imitation at best...but stand apart he does not. sorree to say it.

9. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Finally someone besides myself who sees this guy for what he truly is. We need to stop treating out entertainers with kid gloves, particuliarly when they have a thing for under age girls, or boys.

You're right about the comparison to Ronald Isley. Ronald Isley, and the Isley brothers have been around for over 40 years. Musicians Like Jimmy Hendrix played with them at one time, so it's safe to say they are tried and true musicians, something I find missing in today's R&B performers.

There are few entertainers that can write music in several genres, Prince being one of them. Although his style is distinctive, it's not monolithic. This was the point I was making when I mentioned R. Kelly and Babyface. Both of them are singer songwriters who've written and produced for several other artist, but you can always tell it's them. The same held true for Rick James, or Teddy Riley.

For the last 10-15 years most of what I hear on the radio are grooves instead of songs. Heavy on beats and light on melody. When was the last time you heard a horn section or strings in a song? and don't let me start on black videos. :bam:

10. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    You know it's interesting, Stevie Wonder was the most prolific Singer/songwriter of the 70's, and people thought he would have hits until the day he died, how many people are rushing out to buy his latest album now?