Black Spirituality Religion : *Character/Defect*

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Fine1952, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,774
    I have an depth discussion with a good male friend of mine who is Moslem everyday. We respect each other's views on the CREATOR/the UNMOVABLE MOVER/THE HIDDEN.

Yesterday, we were talking about the attributes of GOD and he made a very interesting statement that I share and understand on the God of the Christian Religion:

He said: "Since the bible refers to God as a jealous God that's a major character defect because it shows emotion -- a human character trait -- that truly minimizes the true divinity of GOD."

:sick:

2. hiphopolx

hiphopolx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +209
    Sounds like the beginning stages of fictional story

3. Afru Shukuwr

Afru Shukuwr Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    It is all fictional. Christians have no clue at all. So many words have been taken out and added to the orignal writings. Chapters have been taken out. Just look how the dead sea scrolls and the current Bible are different. The sea scrolls were part of the original. Many of these writings were written many years apart.
    The writings that the Christians are worshiping are from the ones that rewrote them. King James, Shakespeare, Joseph Smith(Mormons) and so on. They even put a painted picture of a man they call Jesus in the books that resembles each of the rewriters.

4. Zacharias

Zacharias Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Hotep -- Afru Shukuwr

You make a very good point , Some nubians worship a God that does even look like them , And they wonder why their prayer aren't being answer . When one is worshiping a image that doesn't look like him / her , he / she is giveing power to that image .

5. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42

Quote: "Christians have no clue at all".

I must make exception to this statement. I am sure those who practice Ethiopian or Coptic orthodoxy have more than a "clue". The same goes for those ascribing to "Black Chrisitan Nationalism". Specifically, various chapters of the Shrine of the Black Madonna. I have not mentioned this before but I actuall joined the Atlanta Chapter of the PAOCC last December when my daughter was Baptised in the Shrine. My daughter was born on the Day of Epiphany (1986) and Baptised on the Day of Advent (2006). Any one with a KNOWLEDGE of these two days KNOWS the dates also fall on specific Dates of KMT Feasts, and "Black Catholics" also observe the same IDENTICAL feast days according to the "Egyptian" (KMT) Calendar system. Certain observances related to the Lunar Calendar also were also observed in KMT and also by the Dogon and the Akan. I have done a lot more study in this area as well as FIRST-HAND Knowledge and experience from NUMEROUS "religious" affiliations as my family background varies from all three "Abrahamic Faiths" into KMT Spirituality, Buddhism, Gnosticism, etc.

Pasters such as Chip Murray of the FAME in Los Angeles, as well as Rev. James Lawson also have a lot more than a clue. AME "faith" is BASED on a working KNOWLEDGE of African Spirituality and inclorporate various "rites of passage" PROGRAMS similar to those practiced in West and East Africa.

If they dont have a "clue" why else would they refer by the name "SIMBAS"??!

6. Afru Shukuwr

Ratings:
    +61
    Well they wouldnt be the traditional Christians though.

If I was them for other than teaching purposes I would not allign with a Christian title. They are good for teaching the traditionals.

7. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    The only "traditional Christians" would be those of the ETHIOPIAN ORTHODOXY, that is to say, the TEWAHEDO, and those whose "faith" is aligned with observance and reverance of the BLACK QUEEN_MOTEHR ANCESTRESS.

All others are false replications based on usurpation of the "faith".

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071
    "an depth discussion"

Fine1952,

The conversation with your male Moslem friend touches on the very essence of the Bible and its purpose. It also demonstrates the error of taking Scripture out of context.

There are many Scriptures defining jealousy in the Word of God, but it seems he has made reference to Exodus 20: 4-6(one sentence);

“Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me: And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.”

There is no secret of God’s jealousy. His very name is Jealous:

Exodus 34: 14 – “For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:”

You have cited two (2) key words, jealous and emotion. According to Webster;

jealous: “[zelosus: see ZEAL] 1. very watchful or careful in guarding or keeping [jealous of one’s rights] 2. a) resentfully suspicious of a rival or a rival’s influence [ a husband jealous of other men] b) resentfully envious c) resulting from such feelings [ a jealous rage] 3. [Now Rare] requiring exclusive loyalty [the Lord is a jealous God]”

emotion: “[ to agitate, stir up] 1. a) strong feeling; excitement b) the state or capability of having the feelings aroused to the point of awareness 2. any specific feeling; any of various complex reactions with both mental and physical manifestations, as love, hate, fear, anger, etc.”

Some commonly think of “jealous” as envying another for what the other person has or does, but as one can see, that way of commonly speaking is contrary to the real meaning of the word, and so, this is human nature.

As with God, the Divine, jealousy is the sole or only “attribute.” God desires that we not worship man’s creation of (small) - “gods,” only HIM.

As to the divinity of God (Yashua), an attempt at explaining this age old problem can be found at:

http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=473783&postcount=657

Would you please explain the origin of, “THE UNMOVABLE MOVER/THE HIDDEN?”

9. Afru Shukuwr

Ratings:
    +61

Do you mean traditional as in true? What main things make them so?

I was speaking traditional as in most of todays in America.

10. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,774
    I doubt "that" start of the an untruth!