Black Short Stories : Chapter One of my first book!!!

cuvriefloesta

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 20, 2003
Houston
Occupation
student
What's up family...this is chapter one of my book...I kind of scanned through to make sure I deleted all the curse words if i missed one please excuse me it wasn't done intentionally. I understand this site is all about love, but I would appreciate it if everyone was completely honest with their words...I could use some constructive criticism...if it's really serious send me a private message. Thanks family...I hope you like chapter one.

For Every Action

"I honestly believe you can love more than one person at a time. Actually I think you can love millions, but as far as being in love with two people...that' s like having right leg in one pool, and the left one in another. No matter how hard you try you ain't swimming."

Verse One

"I ain't perfect
never said I was
but all I want to know is
do you give it up?"​

"There are too many problems that face the American couple today for love to be a factor. First off there is the presence or absence of sex, the concept of marriage, and other outside forces that manage to ruin a good thing. We have come to the conclusion that love is impossible, and useless. So we find the statment false it is not better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all."

"Whatever happened to the days that we got an "A" just for coloring in the lines?" Asked Alivia as she typed their five hundred word English reports.
"You know what happened, you graduated from elementary school and begged me to come with you."Retorted her lifelong friend Camila.
"Shut up girl."
They laughed. Oh it is easy to laugh when you are two beautiful girls in your third year of high school, so young, and vulnerable. Gone forever were these girls days of eating play dough, and licking grass. Gone forever were the days of innocence, and hide and go seek, but of course they didn't miss it. They were too young to miss it, but just to old to do it.
"So?"
"So what?," asked Camila. Now Camila is the captain of the majorettes, the school beauty, and most likely the future homecoming queen. So it's needless to say that the boys loved her, and she loved the boys. No let me correct myself. She loved the cute boys.

"So, what's up with you and Derelle Edwards? Are yall going to hook up, chill, or keep doing what yall are doing now?" She paused. When no answer arrived she continued. "What did he say at the movies Saturday?" Alivia asked. Alivia is really pretty but she was kind of shy. Not to mention the fact she was always behind Camila's shadow. She was recolgnized by most people as Camila's best friend. With the exception of a few boys who weren't blinded by hip-hop videos and could see beauty in women who weren't yellow with their skirts and shorts stuck up their behinds. To them she was pretty. To them she was fine, but they were spread few and thin.
"You really need to get you some business." Camila rolled her eyes, and turned back towards the computer screen expecting Alivia to drop the subject and continue typing, but that didn't happen. Alivia replied."Yeah but if I was busy with mine then who would handle yours?" She laughed lighty. Tossing her hair over her shoulders like them girls off those hair commercials do. Whenever they entered the room they were he show. Boys would awkwardly stare at Camila and girls they would sneak glances their selves when noone was looking. So Camila and Alivia always had to look their best from every angle. "You need to tell that boy of yours he can't eat the apples and not plant the tree. You hear me? Now what did that ***** say at the movies?" Camila recognized Alivia's tone of voice and knew that Alivia would never finish writing their reports if she didn't answer her questions. "Ok first off Alivia, Derelle isn't getting a regular supply of fruit, and secondly, he didn't say anything cause I didn't go."
"Why?"
"I had to help out mama, somebody didn't come in." Camila's mom had several delivery franchises. She had a deppartment store too, and whenever someone didn't come in Camila would have to fill in. Usually it caused her to miss some big date or something else she would have enjoyed.
"Oh. Too bad, maybe next," Camila cut her off. "Save your sympathys for somebody who needs them. My day wasn't ruined, but you know what I'm going to keep this little adventure to myself, because you starting to get on my nerves."
"Yeah whatever, you just don't want me to tell you what you need to hear. Like the fact that you need to pull down that short skirt," said Alivia as she tugged on her friends clothes. Camila stood up, and touched her thigh in the back to see where her skirt ended.
"Why would I pull it down. It took me five minutes to roll it up right, and you know I'm not the type to do useless manual labor. Speaking of labor I'm tired of writing this paper. Do you think it's long enough?"
Alivia looked back towards the computer screen. She didn't comment on the fact that Camila hadn't typed a single word, but she replied, "Yeah, I'm sure when Ms. Greene said she wanted two five hundred word papers from everybody she wasn't talking about us. Nope, in fact I think she said she only wanted two sentences from this group seeing how you're in it and all. I think we could help her out and just go write an "A" in her grade book for this project. That way she won't waste your time trying to read it."
"Good thinking on your part. I knew there had to be a reason why I kept you around me,"said Camila fully aware of Alivia's sarcasm.
"I'm bout to go to the cafateria. I'll see you after eighth period Camila."
"What about the paper?" Asked Camila.
"Umm let's see...This is a group. I did my part. We're half way through, and you have done nothing. Guess what happens to the other part." Alivia left Camila sitting there pouting, but soon enough a couple of boys came to help her. The library was packed as always. Alivia had to reserve a computer a day in advance, because of the short supply. There were several groups found there. Some were trying to further educate themselves with essays by Emerson. Some were too frightened to sit in the cafateria alone, so they gathered in the library. Still alone, but alone in a group. I was one of them. I was always lerking in the shadows just hoping that one day I might get the chance to even talk to girls like Alivia or Camila. My name is Ashley. You will hear about my small, but significant part in their lives later.

As Alivia grabed her books and got up from the computer desk, she couldn't help but see Marcus in the door. He stood there as cute as ever with a huge smile displaying all of his perfect white teeth and the deep dimples in his chocolate skin. His clothes fit him like a model, with enough bagginess to please his friends, but small enough to keep them from falling down. Everyone wanted him. He was a god on the football field. He was the top quarterback in the city. Alivia had hogged him up ninth, and tenth grade, but they broke up about four months ago, when he told all his big mouth friends that they had sex. He winked at her. And in the time it took for him to close his left eye and open it back up, butterflies were swarming around her stomache. She grabbed it tring to calm it, but it was useless, but her feelings for him didn't matter anymore. Now it was about pride. You couldn't just stay with somebody after he told the whole school about your personal business. That would make you look bad, and Alivia couldn't stand to look bad. She hated scenes, but they were cute together. They were voted cuttest sophmore couple, and everyone thought they were a shoe in for junior couple as well. Until they broke up of course.
She rolled her eyes as she bumped into him on her way out the door. His friend Xavier was next to him and laughed at her. Every man has that one friend. The one who knows all his **** business and he thinks that gives him the right to talk mess to any girl that his patnah dates. Xavier was that one to Marcus. Although Alivia dispised Xavier, she hated Marcus with a fiery passion. When she wasn't rethinking their past of course. She bumped Marcus with no high, excuse me, or my bad. She rolled her eyes and continued to walk. She thought to herself,"Ok I seen him without having a nervous break down. Just keep walking, and don't look back." But by the time she finished her thought he was right behind her and she heard him call her name.
"Alivia, hold up we need to talk." That voice. The thought of it used to put her to sleep at night. She thought,"Don't look at him."
She turned around and looked directly into his eyes. Wrong move sister. He had he trapped. His baby browns could send any woman into a trance, and as much as Alivia wanted to be more she was still just a woman. "We have nothing to talk about." Alivia stumbled on the word we, almost choking on it. She knew the word "we" implied togetherness, and they no longer meant "we".
"I don't think that's true. I think we have alot to talk about." There goes that word again.
He continued," You know you still have feelings for me, but you are too childish to admit that. You need to grow up."
"Grow up? That is a rather interesting choice of words Marcus. Too bad you used those already. Remember a month ago, I told you I wasn't ready to have sex with you and you told me to grow up, and me being the fool that I am I do it. I have sex with you, and what do you do in return? You tell your little friends, and then you act like you don't know me. So is this how it feels to be grown Marcus? If so...I'd rather stay young. Get out my face."
"Baby look I'm sorry." His face almost broke her. The puppy face. She named it that the first time he apoligized for not calling her back, and it always worked on her, but she remained strong.
"Oh, I know you're sorry, because now you are trying to get your penis wet, and you know I ain't going to let you do it. You're sorry because you know you are a dog, and now I know it too. You're sorry because now I'm having sex with guys who know how to keep their mouths shut." She lied. There was noone else, but she wanted to hurt him. Not as much as he hurt her, but she wanted to see the look of pain that he was carrying now. She had to know that she could make him feel. If he couldn't feel love for her he had to feel anger, pain, feel something.
"What guys? Who you been sexing Alivia? Huh? Tell me now! I ain't playing with your behind." He was getting loud, and two sophmores exiting the library gave her a funny look as they passed by. One even chuckled. He was screaming loud enough for anyone to hear, and he didn't care. As they walked further down the hall she heard one of them say, "He is too fine to be tripping on her. I'll give him something to smile about." The girl's comment embarassed her and made her feel ashamed, but she didn't say anything. She never said anything.
She stepped closer to him and whispered, "That's none of your business anymore." She stepped back to leave but then had another thought, "I will tell you this though, keep your enemies close brother, watch your homies." What better way to make a brother look stupid than to spit some Tupac at him. She left satisfied. He would think twice before he told any of his low down friends that she was giving it up, and it ain't like she actually said any names, so it's his own fault if he ends up fighting with one of them for no reason. She thought about and called back to him,"Marcus tell Xavier I said hi." She laughed as she continued walking. That chick is bad.

The cafeteria was full. Just like the library. The lines were long, and the tables were crowded, but unfortunatly Alivia had to eat unlike her toothpick with hips thin friend Camila.
"Dang, I'm starving." She said to herself contemplating on whether to step in line or to bum off one of her associates.
"Excuse me?" He turned around. He was sexy. Not pretty boy sexy or Tyrese sexy, but an everyday sexy. If he would have spoke to me I would have died, but of course he wouldn't he didn't want fat Ashley. He wanted little sexy Alivia. Too bad she wasn't biting.
"Oh nothing, I was just saying I was hungry, and these lines are so long."
"Oh, I thought you said that if I gave you my chips you would hang out with me tomorrow." Is that the best line he could come up with? He must be new here, because everybody else still saw her as Marcus' girl, and wouldn't dare come on to her. Well at least not that obviously. The chips sounded good, but the strings attatched weren't really appetizing at this time in her life. The guy was definatly boyfriend material, but he would need work, and she had put enough energy into Marcus.
"I think I will just wait."As she said the words she seen Marcus coming towards her out the corner of her eye. She couldn't face him twice in one day. She had to keep the boy talking to her so Marcus wouldn't say anything. "I think I will just wait until you call me and we'll see if we can make that happen, ok?" The guy smiled. Did he think that sorry excuse for a line worked? No one even used lines anymore. They were tired, but who cares. He was just her toy for the moment. "Yeah, we'll do that. I'll catch your number later, and he handed her the bag of chips."
"I guess you are moving around faster than your friend, Camila. Oh and look you are giving your self away for Dorrito's. It took me a year to get that close you and this guy buys you lunch and the draws drop." He snatched the bag of chips out of her hand and threw them into the nearby trash can. "Dang," Alivia thought to herself,"I really wanted those."
"Marcus, I thought we were through talking." She ignored his last comment.
"No you were, I haven't started talking. Who is that boy? You know what? It doesn't matter, because you probably don't even know his name." He was right."If you would have waited I would have told you how mistaken you were about me, but you know what? Forget it, and you for that matter. I got plenty of girls who would love to be my girl, because obviously you aren't interested." He left her wondering how he always manages to get the last word no matter what. He left her wondering how she was mistaken, and most of all did he really mean what he just said?

The day went by short, the week went by shorter, and the month passed quicker than the week. Summer had arrived, and she planned to enjoy it. Days were spent swimming, and jumping from cousin's to cousin's house, and nights were spent reading. Except for July. She had to get a job at the grocery store because her mamma was tired of working. So her last official school summer was spent packing cans of beans into brown paper bags, and earning a measly five dollars and fifty cents an hour. How do I know this? Because she worked in aisle nine and I was in ten. She never really spoke to me, but some times when an item wouldn't scan she would lift it up to show me, and I would tell her the price. I remember every item. There was the can of corn. 3 for a dollar. The bag of Lays Potatoes. They were on sell for fifty nine cants, and the condom box. I sort of blushed when she lifted that up to me, but I told her, "One ninty eight for regular sized and two dollars for large." I rember because she laughed.

Marcus didn't bother to call her once this summer,and she felt really bad when she heard that his grandfather had died two days after they had sex, but when she called him and said she was sorry he simply replied that he knew that, and hung up. She hadn't heard from Camila either, but that was common during the summer. Camila was usually busy working or playing, and Alivia wasn't in the mood for one of Camila's wild stories, so she didn't call her either. The would see each other in August. The communication break would simply give them more to talk about. Well Camila more to talk about because Alivia wouldn't have anthing really extraordinary to say. "Oh well," thought Alivia,"There is another summer wasted."

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back