Black People : Chaos in Darfur Rises as Arabs Fight With Arabs

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Goddess Auset333, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Goddess Auset333

Goddess Auset333 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    September 3, 2007
    Chaos in Darfur Rises as Arabs Fight With Arabs
    By JEFFREY GETTLEMAN

NYALA, Sudan, Aug. 28 — Some of the same Arab tribes
    accused of massacring civilians in the Darfur region
    of Sudan are now unleashing their considerable
    firepower against one another in a battle over the
    spoils of war that is killing hundreds of people and
    displacing tens of thousands.

In the past several months, the Terjem and the Mahria,
    heavily armed Arab tribes that United Nations
    officials said raped and pillaged together as part of
    the region’s notorious janjaweed militias, have
    squared off in South Darfur, fighting from pickup
    trucks and the backs of camels. They are raiding each
    other’s villages, according to aid workers and the
    fighters themselves, and scattering Arab tribesmen
    into the same kinds of displacement camps that still
    house some of their earlier victims.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/03/world/africa/03darfur.html?th&emc=th

2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    When will folks realize...

These are "Arabic speaking" BLACK PEOPLE fighting other "Arabic and non-Arabic speaking" BLACK PEOPLE?

3. abdurratln

abdurratln Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +153
    Take anything we read in the New York Times about us with a grain of salt..........errrrrrrrr, with a whole ton of salt. In other words, do not believe a single thing until it can be verified by an African source.

4. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    You said on here:

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49962&page=16

This I'd like an extended response to, if you have the time and patience to expand.

A colleague of mine is Sudanese, and he will look you in the eye - with no guile whatsoever- and tell you "nothing is going on there" - his wife and children are currently "home" on vacation and will return just before Ramadan..

what is your truth?

5. abdurratln

abdurratln Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +153
    First of all, African, truth is not the exclusive property of any one individual. I would go so far as to say that no one individual can provide the complete and absolute truth about anything. That best that I am prepared to attempt is to offer a perspective, a point of view.

We know that the people of Sudan are Africans. This is prescience. It just so happens that I had recently completed a survey of Sudan before the crisis developed in the western region. No one had advanced any such notion as "Arabs" versus "black Africans" in Sudan. We knew that the Sudanese culture had traditional, Euro-Christian and Islamic influences and elements. But, no knowledgable person was prepared to argue that people in the west were "Black" while people in other regions were "Arabs". Those of us who have observed Sudan over several decades knew that there was no neat little "racial" divides comparable to what we have in the USA. It could not have been otherwise. Sudan has it's own culture and it's own history. It is simply not real to suppose that society is the same there as it is here. Think.

So, when the major news medium began to report that "Arabs were commiting genocide against Africans", I knew they were lying. This is what I mean by prescience. It was actually sad to see this happening. We all like to believe that things are better in this country than they actually are. No one is born with a knowlwedge of racist reality in this country. We become aware of racism through living here, studying and learning and just experiencing everyday life. So, any intelligent person, especially an African will agree that America is a racist country. It has always been so. So, just by using our brains, the ability that GOD gave us, we ought not have been surprised to notice that the USA news media was doing a racist hatchet job on us.

But, for various reasons, many of us failed to get it right. A small few of us had things at stake. In other words, some us deliberately and consciously sold us out; betting that we ordinary people were too ignorant of the facts to notice. But, this to a large extent is what happened. They adavanced their personal career interests to lie to us and pretend that what media was saying was true. Their extended families supported this. So, it was very difficult to cut through the fog.

FUDAA came into being mainly to tell the truth on Sudan. There was a vaccum, a truth vacuum and a leadership vacuum. No one, none of the so-called leaders would stand up and tell the simple truth. About 6-7 months ago, Brother Dr. Gamal Nkrumah wrote an article on Sudan for BBC News. Here, the truth was told in English by an African. Thus, we had a primary source that stated clearly that the conflict in Sudan was not about race. As Brother Gamal's article gained attention, USA media became silent on the issue. President Bush had recently lied about it being genocide. Actually, it was fratricide. But, nobody wanted to acknowledge fratricide because fratricide is about the esstential brotherhood and sisterhood of all Africans. So, the system became silent.

It just goes to show us that the truth will always come out. This is a corrupt country. We are used to lies and dishonesty. This includes outright lies by the two most recent sitting presidents. Think. This is deep! A president, two presidents lied to the nation. But, there comes a time when the truth prevails.

There is war in Sudan. There is war in several African countires. But, none of these conflicts are about race in the sense that there are Africans fighting non-Africans. They are all about Africans fighting other Africans. The era of racial conflict in our history ended with the liberation of South Africa. The only remaining comparable examaple is that of Israel. Israel is where European Jews are colonizing African/Arab lands and expropriating the indigenous people without just compensation. Other than Israel, there are simply no racial conflicts in Africa. The conflicts that do prevail are usually over resources. In the dry regions, there is a serious scarcity of water and grazing grounds. This some times lead to conflict. In places like Congo (and Sudan and Nigeria and Chad) outside neo-colonial interests instigate conflict in order to avoid paying a fair merket price for the resources. For instance, the big oil companies may pay a bunch of thugs to rebel in the areas surrounding oil well sites. This way, they will not have to pay the central government taxes, etc. "We are in rebel controlled territory. So, we have to pay taxes (a small fraction of what is actually owed to the government) to the rebels". Think.

6. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Really? Zullie i am not shocked by that but find it amazing, Minute Bol has spent millions trying to help is fellow sudanese brethren and sisteren , however the pink western media are liars , however with the amount of people involved I find it hard to belive nothing is going on, then again i am from Amerikkka so my eyes are seeing the truth!

7. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
  8. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
  9. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
  10. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    This is a interesting 'spin'. By "spin" I mean...piece of the puzzle.
    Yet, abdurratln, what is your 'point of view' (and i like this term as opposed to "truth") regarding arabs who enslaved Afreekans way back when:?:

:hearts2: