Black People : Changing our Current Definition of Racism. e.g White Supremacy

youngblackceo

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 19, 2004
Richmond,Va
I titled this post because I think one of the major stumbling blocks African people continue to stumble on is the fact that we continue collectively to avoid our reality as a people. This is do in great part of the fact that we have not done any real critical analysis of how we have come to define our political and social being in this world.
Some of the posts I read points to this reality in great detail. The fact that we still have this almost childlike belief and hope that one day we are going to get are just rewards in this country points to this block.
I will touch on a couple of subjects in this posts but the first thing I want to do is to get us to start looking at another way of defining what we call racism are white supremacy.

I want to refer to you all a book that Amos Wilson mentioned in one of his lectures the title of the book is "Portraits of White Racism", by David T Wellman. In this book Mr. Wellman gives us a very good definition of racism e.g white supremacy.
In it Mr. Wellman says I quote, "That racism is a culturally sanctioned, rational response to struggles over scarce resources. We can count for its widespread character and avoid the inconsistencies and meaningless distinctions that arise when it is viewed as prejudice."

You see part of the problem I have with the civil rights movement and the continued push by our so called leaders is this movement who's primary goal is to change the attitudes of those in a dominant position over us. This type of thinking has left us in a very vunerable position.
We talk about racism as if it's just some irrational belief of and individual who does not like another person because of the color of their skin. Our organizations base the goals they would like to acheive on this foolish assumption. That is way irregardless of how much so-called progress we have made our situation is getting worse.

Dr. Wellman goes on to say that "Racism is a structural relationship based on the subordination of one racial group by another. Given this perspective, the determining feature of race relations is not prejudice towards blacks, but rather the superior position of whites and the institutions-ideological as well as structural-which maintain it.

You hear that folks whites love to play this game with us always talking about producing a society that does not see race. "What a joke!" These people understand where there power comes from and they know that in order to maintain that power. They must always adapt to the demands of the subordinate population. So yeah they are not calling us dirty names to our face and we have a few good jobs and are able to live in any neighborhood. But yet we still keep having the same problems and not only that things are actually getting worse for us. But this a free,colorless society so you can't blame it on just racism right? It must be because of your class then right? According to Mr Charles Barkley that's what it is because there were some poor whites in New Orleans. You see how this talk about ending racism and colorless society does nothing but ensure the race in power that their position will not be threatened.

Anotherthing he mentioned was the institutions help maintain their power. This is a very important fact we have to realize because our continued dependency on whites institutions will continue to ensure our subordinate position in this world. Our energy should not be wasted on this continued push to integrate into american society. If you look at some of these definitions you see that dream will never come.
Our focus must be own changing our perception of our place in the world.

White Supremacy should be defined as a system that was designed and maintained to provide economic, political, psychological, and social advantages for whites at the expense of Africans and people of color.
When we move based on this reality it will keep us from fumbling and stumbling around all the other BS we get ourselves into.
I don't care how much we differ from ideologically if you think that these definition I brought to you guys tonight are true. Then let's drop the BS and get to work.
If you think these definition are true than you should in know way still feel comfortable about calling yourself American without even given that label a thought. If you are a christian our a muslim and think those definitions were true and you are not looking at those two institutions with some serious questions than you are just fooling yourself. All the BS we have come to associate and identify with are just mental blocks. Designed to manipulate our consciousness and to keep us from developing the mental skills that will help us solve our problems.

This is not about whether are not we call ourselves African are American. Our whether are not the militant our radical blacks move back to Africa.
I think sister Destee said it best white supremacy is wordwide so you are not going to escape it by running to the ends of this earth.

This is about whether are not African men will decide to confront white men and end his ability to impose his power on us. This is our task as men brothers. Not to ask for equal parts of the pie he took from you, but to take back what is yours.

youngblackceo said:
I think one of the major stumbling blocks African people continue to stumble on is the fact that we continue collectively to avoid our reality as a people. This is do in great part of the fact that we have not done any real critical analysis of how we have come to define our political and social being in this world.
Some of the posts I read points to this reality in great detail. The fact that we still have this almost childlike belief and hope that one day we are going to get are just rewards in this country points to this block.
as you start out your words of wisdom with a generalized put down of your target audience i decided it was not worth reading any further.

if you are so smart, write a book, get a group of followers and leave me the hell alone.:deal:

youngblackceo said:
I titled this post because I think one of the major stumbling blocks African people continue to stumble on is the fact that we continue collectively to avoid our reality as a people. This is do in great part of the fact that we have not done any real critical analysis of how we have come to define our political and social being in this world.
I will touch on a couple of subjects in this posts but the first thing I want to do is to get us to start looking at another way of defining what we call racism are white supremacy.

I want to refer to you all a book that Amos Wilson mentioned in one of his lectures the title of the book is "Portraits of White Racism", by David T Wellman. In this book Mr. Wellman gives us a very good definition of racism e.g white supremacy.
In it Mr. Wellman says I quote, "That racism is a culturally sanctioned, rational response to struggles over scarce resources. We can count for its widespread character and avoid the inconsistencies and meaningless distinctions that arise when it is viewed as prejudice."

You see part of the problem I have with the civil rights movement and the continued push by our so called leaders is this movement who's primary goal is to change the attitudes of those in a dominant position over us. This type of thinking has left us in a very vunerable position.
We talk about racism as if it's just some irrational belief of and individual who does not like another person because of the color of their skin. Our organizations base the goals they would like to acheive on this foolish assumption. That is way irregardless of how much so-called progress we have made our situation is getting worse.

Dr. Wellman goes on to say that "Racism is a structural relationship based on the subordination of one racial group by another. Given this perspective, the determining feature of race relations is not prejudice towards blacks, but rather the superior position of whites and the institutions-ideological as well as structural-which maintain it.

You hear that folks whites love to play this game with us always talking about producing a society that does not see race. "What a joke!" These people understand where there power comes from and they know that in order to maintain that power. They must always adapt to the demands of the subordinate population. So yeah they are not calling us dirty names to our face and we have a few good jobs and are able to live in any neighborhood. But yet we still keep having the same problems and not only that things are actually getting worse for us. But this a free,colorless society so you can't blame it on just racism right? It must be because of your class then right? According to Mr Charles Barkley that's what it is because there were some poor whites in New Orleans. You see how this talk about ending racism and colorless society does nothing but ensure the race in power that their position will not be threatened.

Anotherthing he mentioned was the institutions help maintain their power. This is a very important fact we have to realize because our continued dependency on whites institutions will continue to ensure our subordinate position in this world. Our energy should not be wasted on this continued push to integrate into american society. If you look at some of these definitions you see that dream will never come.
Our focus must be own changing our perception of our place in the world.

White Supremacy should be defined as a system that was designed and maintained to provide economic, political, psychological, and social advantages for whites at the expense of Africans and people of color.
When we move based on this reality it will keep us from fumbling and stumbling around all the other BS we get ourselves into.
I don't care how much we differ from ideologically if you think that these definition I brought to you guys tonight are true. Then let's drop the BS and get to work.
If you think these definition are true than you should in know way still feel comfortable about calling yourself American without even given that label a thought. If you are a christian our a muslim and think those definitions were true and you are not looking at those two institutions with some serious questions than you are just fooling yourself. All the BS we have come to associate and identify with are just mental blocks. Designed to manipulate our consciousness and to keep us from developing the mental skills that will help us solve our problems.

This is not about whether are not we call ourselves African are American. Our whether are not the militant our radical blacks move back to Africa.
I think sister Destee said it best white supremacy is wordwide so you are not going to escape it by running to the ends of this earth.

This is about whether are not African men will decide to confront white men and end his ability to impose his power on us. This is our task as men brothers. Not to ask for equal parts of the pie he took from you, but to take back what is yours.

Brother CEO ... i loved every word of this !!! :love:

I hope our Brothers take you up on the challenge ... and Sisters too, of course! :)

:heart:

Destee

jamesfrmphilly said:
as you start out your words of wisdom with a generalized put down of your target audience i decided it was not worth reading any further.

if you are so smart, write a book, get a group of followers and leave me the hell alone.:deal:

Brother James ... sorry you came to such a negative conclusion so quickly, you missed a great post, and an opportunity to embrace a young Brother.

:heart:

Destee

youngblackceo said:

This is a great post!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back