Black People : "Change": Your Views on the Current Political Scene"

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Blaklioness, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    I started this thread because I was accused of being "off topic" in another thread. Heaven forbid I don't want to spin the topic off course :rolleyes:. So I'll ask here in a thread specifically devoted for it. It seems that if you question Obama's presidency, you are suffering from the "crabs-in-the-barrel" syndrome:rolleyes:---not because you have legitimate concerns. Most who contend this see you as "jealous hater" :rolleyes: that is working on behalf of white supremacy to see us disunified, but they fail to see their own role in the perpetuation of white supremacy by failing to expect more than 'blackness' from a person heading an empire that was built and sustained on the blood of black people. For the record, this is not an anti-Obama thread based on envy nor is it one to try to lay all the blame at his feet because that would also be false. With that...

1. If you support the current presidency, and don't mind sharing, why do you support it? Why did you vote for it?

2. Do you think he will bring real change, despite that he is working under the same infrastructure as those who came before him? What factors are involved in change in your view?

3. If you think he will bring real change, in your view, what will that change look like exactly---both domestically and internationally?

4. If you live in another part of the world, and don't mind sharing, what are your views?

Thanks.

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    The current political system is the same as the one that enslaved our Ancestors.

I have no confidence in it, to do right by us, since they never have.

I can separate the system, from the Black People that must work, live, and survive under it.

All of us are under it, subject to it, and must navigate the best way we can.

A Sister or Brother can't be held completely responsible, under these circumstances.

I know there is more to it than meets the eye.

The Brother in the grocery store, i won't expect him to lose his job, giving me a free loaf of bread.

Our enslaved Ancestors understood, those working in the big house, couldn't give sugar to the rest, just because they had access to it.

Likewise, i won't expect Obama to lose his job, to give me any special consideration.

The system has never allowed such ... it's the same today ... as it always has been.

I don't understand us having so much hope in a political system that has mistreated us always.

But i guess ... if that is where your hope is ... get the Brother to give you a free loaf of bread ... and let hm deal with the consequences of his decision alone ... for none of us can keep him in the job, once it's been determined he's gone against the system.

He will be added to the rolls of unemployed Black Men ... just what we need ... one more of them.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

3. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    I would like to respond to #2.

If anyone is working under the infrastructure to bring about change, it won't work out for the better of the slave people upon which the infrastructure was built upon, or else that infrastructure would completely break apart.
    By the way; I really like this thread, and want to address this present presidency and and system upon which he, president Obama, is representing.

I realize that some Black people think that as a 'Black' president, he can and is helping us, while others may think that he is hurting our freedom, I think that in the end, it's either one way or the other. It can't be both. If he is blocking us from further harm, then he will be the first Black leader ever that has been able to do that under a White Supremacist system. But if not, then he will be like many other Black leaders; some positive leaders have tried to stand up for Black human rights under this racist system and were persecuted/crucified/hung/lynched/shot down..., or some negative leaders sold Black indigenous people out and they lost all of their human rights, including the leaders.

Based upon my belief, I know that the Creator God will never accept this white supremacist system, I know that he had a serious problem with leaders who were biracial, and I know that Jesus had a serious problem with leaders who were biracial...and like Dr. Barashango said, God might have to get alot of black people in order to get rid of this White Supremacist system', because he will not put his Black people behind a white matriarchal system. I believe that many Black people do not see how history will repeat, despite president Obama's good intentions, he will be exploited because he is biracial.

4. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    When you said:

... and let hm deal with the consequences of his decision alone ... for none of us can keep him in the job, once it's been determined he's gone against the system.

He will be added to the rolls of unemployed Black Men ... just what we need ... one more of them.

That is what I believe is the hard part to swallow, because if he does try to give out freebies to black people, or even reparitions, he will be done in, and i believe he knows this and is juggling between two extremes.

5. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    I voted for Barrack obama to fulfill his promises just like any other politician, and to use the powers of his presidency to make
    SMALL INCREMENTAL CHANGES

1 No one in Washington or corporate industry forced him against his will,
    to bail out corporate criminals for the exact amount of the present deficit 4 trillion dollars over TARP,
    neither did I expect hm to appoint the Rockeffelor's world control man Zbigniew Brzezinski, the creator of the Trilateral Commission as his foreign policy advisor.
    2 I did not expect him to appoint the 2 idiots that wrecjked the economy by destroying Glass Steagall and implementing GAAT and NAFTA,
    as folks in charge of the economy
    3 I did not expect him to allow those guilty of FISA wiretapping to go scott free
    4 I did not expect him to allow Bussh and Chenney to go scott free
    5 I did not expect him to do things that Nixon and Reagan, only dreamed of doing, since the brother ran as a democrat and not as a republican
    6 I did not expect the brother to drop bombs in the motherland of his father, for the gain of corporations and oil intersts

He has brought real change,
    his economist Austin Goolsbee a man who desired in 2008 to cut SSI, has put into effect real cuts not just in SSI, but in medicaid and medicare

he has brought real change by keeping 4 wars based on nothing going while allowing cuts in basic human services right her and telling folks, "they need to tighten their belts",
    while the stupid rich keep their tax breaks,
    and the bailed out make so much record profits, that they have given each other bonuses that could fund an entire states school system for ten years

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Exactly ... like all of us ... we know we're due more, things are unjust ... but can't do much about it.

We want this one Black Man ... this one Brother ... to do what none of us are willing to do.

We won't jeopardize our own selves, Family, employment, etc., but we want him to.

We're a mess.

Destee

7. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    the man ran for president, so all of the times we have voted for a president, all of a sudden we must forget what a president CAN DO and

that a president is a public servant, just because he looks like us?

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    You talk like all the other presidents did something special for your colored behind.

Please.

Destee

9. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    First and foremost, the current political scene is heavily based on the lie of 9/11, something that has never happened in the history of any nation, so as long as money is spent on perpetuating that big con,
    things will always be out of reason logic, or context

10. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    This isn't an issue of mere survival. Obama was surviving as a lawyer and law professor; when you step into a position of that magnitude, then you aren't dealing with an issue of pure survival. No, I don't blame Obama for all the corruption, but when you step into a position like that, then you better have a plan for "change," or don't go into it because you'd need to know that the requirements of the job will not be pleasant. If I understand what this system is sustained on, even based on the information provided by its own caretakers, then I have to understand the gravity of that. If the only job I could find was as a mob enforcer, should I take it knowing the lives that could be destroyed as a result? Should I expect my victims to be understanding and sit quietly while I destroy them because I was just doing my job? Are my victims "sellouts" for speaking out, let alone having the gumption to fight back?

The real truth? Many black people don't fight to change the system; instead, they fight to be part of it. That's significant.