Black History Culture : Change this TIME around.

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by dustyelbow, Feb 1, 2007.

1. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Last year if you keep track of YEARS I posted some ARTICLES of those who intention was to show BLACK HISTORY MONTH as not NEEDED within the NATION anymore.

Plus MANY MANY MANY ARTICLES forgot to INCLUDE this GENTLEMAN, a firm BELIEVER in US in the NATION, CARTER G. WOODSON.

However after A SERIES of HIGHLIGHTING the NEED to START from the BEGINNING because GREATER SOCIETY think of NOW THINGS like BLACK HISTORY MONTH just CAME OUT OF NOWHERE, I believe that such CONCERNS raised here at DESTEE.COM and ELSEWHERE, have resulted in wonderful FEEDBACK EMERGING.

Checking the HEADLINES

Black history too important to go unheard

Editorial: Black History needs more than a month

African-American History Month, February 2007

Test your Black History Month savvy

My ONLY POINT of MARKED DISAPPROVAL. One of these ARTICLES state HARVARD before CARTER G WOODSON NAME like HARVARD gave him the TOOLS or COURAGE to STAND UP for US in HISTORY NOTING and MAKING. I THINK NOT.

However AGAIN its TIME to LET GREATER SOCIETY KNOW about US through MEDIA EVENTS ETC. Whether FROM AFRICA in and of AMERICA or even CANADA. We call BROTHERS and SISTERS elsewhere we may ADD. This is a GOVERNMENT APPROVED NATIONWIDE TIME to know US whether you LIKE IT or NOT.

But we had a strong FOUNDATION, a CARTER G. WOODSON from AMONG US, and we SHOULD BE STRENGTHENING that FOUNDATION instead of DESTROYING IT.

Thats IT.