Black Positive People : Chance The Rapper Aids Effort to Bring 1,000 Coats to Homeless In Chicago

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
chance-the-rapper-e1450937792940.jpg

Need a source of holiday inspiration? Try Chance the Rapper.

According to Mic.com, the Chicago rhymesayer is making it his business to bring at least 1,000 coats to his city’s homeless population via a recent partnership with the Empowerment Plan, a Detroit-based nonprofit organization that employs homeless people from local Detroit shelters to create long, self-insulating coats that transform into sleeping bags and totes.

The project, known as Warmest Winter, launched Wednesday (Dec. 21) with the goal of bringing the coats to Chicago by asking folks to sponsor a coat with a $100 donation for the manufacturing of the coat. Broken down, the money will help cover the labor, materials and overhead expenses involved in creating the coat.

Read more

http://goodblacknews.org/2015/12/24...t-to-bring-1000-coats-to-homeless-in-chicago/

JenaBee63

Jul 12, 2015
atlanta ga
Occupation
Health Technician/Future Paralegal
chance-the-rapper-e1450937792940.jpg

Need a source of holiday inspiration? Try Chance the Rapper.

According to Mic.com, the Chicago rhymesayer is making it his business to bring at least 1,000 coats to his city’s homeless population via a recent partnership with the Empowerment Plan, a Detroit-based nonprofit organization that employs homeless people from local Detroit shelters to create long, self-insulating coats that transform into sleeping bags and totes.

The project, known as Warmest Winter, launched Wednesday (Dec. 21) with the goal of bringing the coats to Chicago by asking folks to sponsor a coat with a $100 donation for the manufacturing of the coat. Broken down, the money will help cover the labor, materials and overhead expenses involved in creating the coat.

Read more

http://goodblacknews.org/2015/12/24...t-to-bring-1000-coats-to-homeless-in-chicago/
That is absolutely wonderful for him. Great story.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Black Poetry : Romance is phat to glance at a chance for hats to come off Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
R Black Poetry : Romance is phat to glance at a chance for hats to come off in respect of ARETHA FRANKLIN, my pie sho Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Four cups of coffee a day could slash chance of early death Black Health and Wellness 0
H Black Poetry : Second Chance Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
HODEE Black People Politics : Donald Trump Is Begging Black Americans To Give Him A Chance – In A Leaked Memo! Black People Politics 27
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : KKK Leader Endorses Hillary Clinton In Off Chance She's Undercover Hitler Black People Politics 1
Lrae Black Entertainment : Prince Jackson is admitting it ... there's a chance Michael Jackson isn't his biological parent Black Entertainment 9
Lrae Black Poetry : Cloudy with a good chance of Rain Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
crwn Science and Technology : There’s a chance your Windows computer is being hacked right now Science and Technology 2
skuderjaymes Black People : Fat Chance - USA Black People Open Forum 0
Khasm13 The Montclairs - Do I Stand a Chance - 1972 [Soul] Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
candeesweet Quiet Poetry Lounge : That Chance or Opportunity Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
ru2religious Black People Politics : Is there a possible chance Frank Marshall Davis is Obama's Father? Black People Politics 21
OldSoul OldSoul : This is an invitation, across the nation, A chance for folks to meet. OldSoul 7
coey30 Black Poetry : Second Chance Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
Asomfwaa Black Entertainment : What's with the hype over "One More Chance" by Biggie Smalls? Black Entertainment 6
Istari Black People : Innocent blacks and Hispanics stand good chance of being harassed by NY Police Black People Open Forum 1
H Black People : Is It Time To Give White Girls A Chance Black People Open Forum 3
cherryblossom Black Positive People : A Better Chance Black People Doing Positive Things 1
H Black Weight Loss : Eat Healthy and Be Active in 2010! Chance to Win a $200 Gift Certificate!!! Black Health and Wellness 0
H Eat Healthy and Be Active in 2010! Chance to Win a $200 Gift Certificate!!! Black Health and Wellness 0
M Black Poetry : FATHER, I NEVER GOT A CHANCE Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
H Black Poetry : Second Chance Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
S Black People : IF GIVEN THE CHANCE...WHAT QUESTIONS WOULD YOU ASK SENATOR HILLARY CLINTON? Black People Open Forum 3
S Black People Politics : IF GIVEN THE CHANCE...WHAT QUESTIONS WOULD YOU ASK SENATOR BARACK OBAMA? Black People Politics 14
R Black Poetry : Got a job great that operate my finance try for a chance Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
R Black Poetry : A chance to groove, dance and move with the rhythm Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
D Black Parenting : Step-parents dont stand a CHANCE Black Parenting 5
B Black Entertainment : One Chance Black Entertainment 0
howardtsu Black Poetry : Chance Encounters Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
I Spoken Word : Just for the chance.::. prod by.::.Khasm.::. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
T Quiet Poetry Lounge : Just Give Her a Chance Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
T Black Entertainment : Gimme a chance Black Entertainment 0
MzBlkAngel Quiet Poetry Lounge : Slow flow...Last Chance.... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
T Black Poetry : this chance Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 15
rasheed Black Poetry : if by chance tomorrow happens to come Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
H Black People : Our Last Chance For Survival...Really. Black People Open Forum 0
rasheed Black Poetry : The Sacred Chance Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
S Black Poetry : Last Chance Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
M Black Poetry : By chance... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
L Black Poetry : ..:He Gave It A Chance:.. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
J Black Poetry : no chance of showers? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
S Quiet Poetry Lounge : CHANCE Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
C Black People : Let's Give Our Babies A Fighting Chance! Black People Open Forum 2
Bishop Black Short Stories : Giving Love a Chance: Neglected Love Part 4 the Final Chapter Short Stories - Authors - Writing 20
J Black Poetry : One More Chance Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
Heartbeat Black Poetry : Chance Exchange Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
K Black Short Stories : Second Chance Short Stories - Authors - Writing 2
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Give peace a chance AACOOLDRE 0
T Black Poetry : A Second Chance Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7