Black People : Challenging The Term - White Supremacy

Edward Williams said:
I heard this quote in a movie once and I thought it was interesting...

At some point we have to become the master of words and stop allowing words to master us.

They are masters of words and when they use those words against us they become masters of us because they can track and manage our behavior. Once we become master of words they will no longer be able to master us because words are used to think with. Once you master words you master your thoughts. Your speech and actions are a product of your thoughts. We have not yet mastered words but we can...and it is a simple task to perform.

To take it a step further, once we understand exactly how speech has been used as a weapon of control that weapon will become useless. Many years ago Ossie Davis wrote an essay entitled "The English Language is My Enemy" in which he analyzed the myriad uses of the word "black" as denoting negativity, and "white" as denoting positivity. We would do well to reflect upon this idea.

Edward Williams said:
I heard this quote in a movie once and I thought it was interesting...

At some point we have to become the master of words and stop allowing words to master us.

They are masters of words and when they use those words against us they become masters of us because they can track and manage our behavior. Once we become master of words they will no longer be able to master us because words are used to think with. Once you master words you master your thoughts. Your speech and actions are a product of your thoughts. We have not yet mastered words but we can...and it is a simple task to perform.

That quote is originally from Sun Tzu's The Art of War. It should be must read for us.

I hate to be at odds with you again. But we (African-Americans) Are the true master of words and Language. Without getting long winded as I usually do.
Name or try and think of some new words, or phrases ppl in this country (and in other english speaking countries) we and possibly even you use that white ppl came up with recently.............................................

Now same question ....new words, phrases, ...........Black ppl came up with.

I won't be biased and answer my own ??? but anybody here reading this just share some here please.

One

(oops didn't mean 2 slip that 1 in)

Sami_RaMaati said:
To take it a step further, once we understand exactly how speech has been used as a weapon of control that weapon will become useless. Many years ago Ossie Davis wrote an essay entitled "The English Language is My Enemy" in which he analyzed the myriad uses of the word "black" as denoting negativity, and "white" as denoting positivity. We would do well to reflect upon this idea.
If you learn exactly how an AK-47 is used as a weapon of control does that make the AK-47 useless?

Words are just sounds and designs. OUR use of words have to lead US to the truth or else we are helping THEM. It is not so much the words "white supremacy" as it is their position in the war they wage against us. That should be the focus...our position and their position in this war. And OUR use of words should be such that we are not fooled about OUR position in the war.

A person that is in a losing situation who tells themselves they are in a winning situation ain't never gonna win. Any prisoner in a prison that says...four walls do not a prison make and I can wherever I want to go in my own mind so I'm not really in prison the warden is. That is a prisoner that ain't never gonna work to get out that prison...because they don't think they are in prison.

We get hung up on the words and allow the words to become more important than what we're seeing. This is the reason we can look right at something happening and not even see it...because of the words that are already in our mind that describe what we're looking at. The focus should be our position now and what we want our position to be 500 years from now. Doesn't matter what you call their position or our position as long as it allows you to see what you're looking at. I remember someone saying something about a general in a war that didn't want any a**-kissers around him because in order for him to win the war he needed to have people tell him the truth. If they were short on supplies he needed to know that. If they were low on ammunition he needed to know that.

You don't win a war by the people on the losing side running around saying they are kings and queens. Kings and queens were on the slave ships. You gotta figure out what moves your opponent or enemy is making against you and figure out the correct counter-moves that will work against them. Not sit around talking about what words they use to describe their generals. What do the generals DO? What can you DO to counter what the generals are DOING against you?

Now you're on the correct path to winning the war.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back